Thread: Knicks Interested In Rasheed?

Knicks Interested In Rasheed?

5th June, 2007 - 12:16 pm
    New York Daily News -
    Rasheed Wallace's exit in the Eastern Conference Finals may make him a candidate to be traded and if he is available, Isiah Thomas will certainly attempt to acquire the power forward.

When Thomas first assumed control of the Knicks, he twice tried to trade for Wallace, who instead landed in Atlanta and then Detroit. Thomas never got over losing Wallace to his former teammate, Pistons GM Joe Dumars, and has told associates that Wallace would have made the Knicks a perennial playoff team.

Thomas has his sights set on Jermaine O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol, but Wallace is a more realistic option. [READ]

Site: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ed_in_rasheed/

Get it done Zeke. Give him 3 years thats all

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ Fan18
    5th June, 2007 - 12:16 pm
    New York Daily News -
    Rasheed Wallace's exit in the Eastern Conference Finals may make him a candidate to be traded and if he is available, Isiah Thomas will certainly attempt to acquire the power forward.

When Thomas first assumed control of the Knicks, he twice tried to trade for Wallace, who instead landed in Atlanta and then Detroit. Thomas never got over losing Wallace to his former teammate, Pistons GM Joe Dumars, and has told associates that Wallace would have made the Knicks a perennial playoff team.

Thomas has his sights set on Jermaine O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol, but Wallace is a more realistic option. [READ]

Site: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ed_in_rasheed/

Get it done Zeke. Give him 3 years thats all
    I hope they don't get him. I think he's on the downside of his career and he has a big contract.

I would be good with Rasheed for David Lee and the Knicks 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    I would be good with Rasheed for David Lee and the Knicks 1st round pick.
    I wouldn't want that to happen. I don't want Isiah to sacrifice the future and get into an even worse cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88
    I wouldn't want that to happen. I don't want Isiah to sacrifice the future and get into an even worse cap situation.
    It would be good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    It would be good for me.
    Lol yes it would. Lee is a nice, young player at a low price. Do you know how many years are left on Sheed's contract?

Lol yes it would. Lee is a nice, young player at a low price. Do you know how many years are left on Sheed's contract?

Actually I don't think that trade would work because of money.

Actually I don't think that trade would work because of money.
    It wouldn't. The Pistons would have to take back a big contract.

I actually think this would be a decent move for the Knicks, though the Wallace/Marbury dynamic could be bad off the court. Wallace only has 2 years left on his deal so even if hes declining its only a 2 year contract. Wallace would help Eddy Curry tremendously. Wallace can play inside and outside drawing any attention away from Curry, which will also open up the rebounding lanes for him on the offensive glass. Hes a defensive presence which the team needs.

Im not sure Id trade Lee for him, but Id have no hesitation on Frye. The only thing is Im not sure how to make the salaries match. Youd have to add in either Crawford or Richardson and consideing Hamilton plays close to 40 minutes a game Im not sure Crawford is a match. Richardson would be the guy to try to push them on and maybe that could work since he gives them an outside threat that they lack and is a decent rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I actually think this would be a decent move for the Knicks, though the Wallace/Marbury dynamic could be bad off the court. Wallace only has 2 years left on his deal so even if hes declining its only a 2 year contract. Wallace would help Eddy Curry tremendously. Wallace can play inside and outside drawing any attention away from Curry, which will also open up the rebounding lanes for him on the offensive glass. Hes a defensive presence which the team needs.

Im not sure Id trade Lee for him, but Id have no hesitation on Frye. The only thing is Im not sure how to make the salaries match. Youd have to add in either Crawford or Richardson and consideing Hamilton plays close to 40 minutes a game Im not sure Crawford is a match. Richardson would be the guy to try to push them on and maybe that could work since he gives them an outside threat that they lack and is a decent rebounder.
    If the trade was Frye and Richardson for Wallace, I wouldn't be as against it. 2 years left on his contract isn't bad and there will also be other big contracts expiring by then so that's when some moves can be made.

All League
    Dont give up Lee for another malcontent in his 30s. For god sakes, let alone adding a 1st rounder to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    Dont give up Lee for another malcontent in his 30s. For god sakes, let alone adding a 1st rounder to it.
    I agree with the sentiment but remember the Knicks would like to get back into the playoffs. This has been their worst era of baketball since the mid/late 80s before Riley showed up and its made basketball in the city somewhat insignificant. Wallace gives them a good chance to compete for the East. The Nets have always been regular season underachivers outside of Kidds 1st year and they may not have Vince Carter next season. Toronto isnt proven. Philly and Boston arent world beaters by any means, especially the Celtics. Im not saying I would do the deal with Lee(and certainly not Lee and a 1) , but you have to consider it especially if you think it can get you in as a top 4 seed in the playoffs, something that Lee probably has much less chance of doing than Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I agree with the sentiment but remember the Knicks would like to get back into the playoffs. This has been their worst era of baketball since the mid/late 80s before Riley showed up and its made basketball in the city somewhat insignificant. Wallace gives them a good chance to compete for the East. The Nets have always been regular season underachivers outside of Kidds 1st year and they may not have Vince Carter next season. Toronto isnt proven. Philly and Boston arent world beaters by any means, especially the Celtics. Im not saying I would do the deal with Lee(and certainly not Lee and a 1) , but you have to consider it especially if you think it can get you in as a top 4 seed in the playoffs, something that Lee probably has much less chance of doing than Wallace.
    That's a good point. I wouldn't think about trading Lee, but if they could put a deal together with maybe Frye and Richardson I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. Hopefully they wouldn't have to give up draft picks either.

So long as Thomas is around the Knicks will not make the playoffs.

All League
    The Knicks need to let contracts expire, and then rebuild. Their downfall started when they held on to Patrick too long, and then signed Houston to a ridiculous contract. It was at that point that I realized they were digging a hole.