Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All political BS aside, the Presidential candidates SHOULD be...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All political BS aside, the Presidential candidates SHOULD be...

Dennis Kucinich (D-NH) and Ron Paul (R-TX)

Their philosophies, mindsets, and no-nonsense personalities are exactly what this country needs. It's time to take the politics out of politics and nominate the best options for our country.

Who do you think SHOULD be in the final running for US President?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did this really need a new thread para? It's pretty apparent that every Liberal on Earth wants to see Ron Paul get the Nod. That anti-War position of his sure wins him points from the left, don't it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Did this really need a new thread para? It's pretty apparent that every Liberal on Earth wants to see Ron Paul get the Nod. That anti-War position of his sure wins him points from the left, don't it?[/QUOTE]

Sure, why not? There aren't any other threads on this specific topic...

Well, I'm not only asking liberals, I'm asking everybody. It's not only about the war, it's about a whole spectrum of topics, and I believe that these two candidates have the correct philosophies in leading this country.

In a perfect world, who do you think the candidates should be and why?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]Sure, why not? There aren't any other threads on this specific topic...

Well, I'm not only asking liberals, I'm asking everybody. It's not only about the war, it's about a whole spectrum of topics, and I believe that these two candidates have the correct philosophies in leading this country.

In a perfect world, who do you think the candidates should be and why?[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world, none of the candidates would have a shot in hell, because they are all politicians.

In a perfect world, the skills of politics (deceit, looks, smarm, pandering) and the Political Parties would have no bearing.

In a perfect world, the smartest and most capable people would lead.

We do not live in a perfect world, and these are the candidates we have.

And again, while you might think Kookcinich and Ron Popeil are "perfect", they do not have chance. None.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And again, while you might think Kookcinich and Ron Popeil are "perfect", they do not have chance. None.[/QUOTE]

That's not the point, but thanks for playing. You're no fun... :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly]That's not the point, but thanks for playing. You're no fun... :P[/QUOTE]

I am in the process of flaming out on Politics right now. So sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the flaming weckage of the Fish flying accross the sky of this forum, a la the Enterprise in Star Trek III.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gore v. Paul

this way, no matter what, America wins!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]Gore v. Paul

this way, no matter what, America wins![/QUOTE]

You're out of your mind.

Gore lost an election where he basically was an incumbent, coming from the administration of a fairly popular president. Supreme Court decision or not, Gore should have wiped the floor with Bush easily. It shouldn't have been as close as it was. Only an idiot (and Gore is one) could have blown that chance.

While Bush has been a lousy president, I'm still convinced that Gore would have been worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]You're out of your mind.

Gore lost an election where he basically was an incumbent, coming from the administration of a fairly popular president. Supreme Court decision or not, Gore should have wiped the floor with Bush easily. It shouldn't have been as close as it was. Only an idiot (and Gore is one) could have blown that chance.

While Bush has been a lousy president, I'm still convinced that Gore would have been worse.[/QUOTE]

Gore WON in 2000 and it wasn't as close as you think it was... but that's a WHOLE nother topic (read up on the media consortium's review of both under and over-votes in Florida if you don't believe me)

as for ANYONE, let alone Al Gore who unlike every other candidate/non-candidate has been right about every major issue for the past 20-30 years, being worse than Bush... I sincerelly doubt that. Anyone who can make the likes of Hoover, Harding, Coolidge, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and Buchanan look competent really has no competition for someone being more of a failure IMHO

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]Gore WON in 2000 and it wasn't as close as you think it was... [/QUOTE]

I also heard Rosie O'Donnell blew up WTC7, and that if we all boycott gas stations on the third Tuesday in July, President Bush will be impeached.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Did this really need a new thread para? It's pretty apparent that every Liberal on Earth wants to see Ron Paul get the Nod. That anti-War position of his sure wins him points from the left, don't it?[/QUOTE]

close, every liberal wants to see a Chuck Hagel/Ron Paul GOP campaign.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]Gore WON in 2000 and it wasn't as close as you think it was... but that's a WHOLE nother topic (read up on the media consortium's review of both under and over-votes in Florida if you don't believe me)

as for ANYONE, let alone Al Gore who unlike every other candidate/non-candidate has been right about every major issue for the past 20-30 years, being worse than Bush... I sincerelly doubt that. Anyone who can make the likes of Hoover, Harding, Coolidge, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and Buchanan look competent really has no competition for someone being more of a failure IMHO[/QUOTE]

Really?
    [URL=http://www.dflorig.com/image002.gif]http://www.dflorig.com/image002.gif[/URL]

Doesn't look like he won big, does it?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as parafly's original question, I don't know enough about all the candidates yet to decide who SHOULD be the nominees. None of them have been particularly impressive, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]Really?
    [URL=http://www.dflorig.com/image002.gif]http://www.dflorig.com/image002.gif[/URL]

Doesn't look like he won big, does it?[/QUOTE]

guess you don't want to read up on the subject...

but that's ok, you're entitled to be brainwashed with the propoganda the NWO shoves down your throat. It's very easy to take the lazy way out and just accept everything they say as gospel

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]guess you don't want to read up on the subject...

but that's ok, you're entitled to be brainwashed with the propoganda the NWO shoves down your throat. It's very easy to take the lazy way out and just accept everything they say as gospel[/QUOTE]

Dear Christ, you don't really believe in the New World Order conspiracy, do you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case, and Dr. Paul was elected, they'd be extremely disappointed when he enacted any policy other than anti-Iraq invasion items since he is right of center on all/most issues and some he is very far right

be careful what you wish for!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]guess you don't want to read up on the subject...

but that's ok, you're entitled to be brainwashed with the propoganda the NWO shoves down your throat. It's very easy to take the lazy way out and just accept everything they say as gospel[/QUOTE]

NWO? :eek:

Oh no, you're one of those. Considering you're a fan of Gore's , I guess I'm not surprised.

"Buck the establishment, MAN!!! Fight the power, MAN!!!"

Don't worry, friend. We all go through that rebellious stage. You'll eventually grow out of it.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 06-06-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Dear Christ, you don't really believe in the New World Order conspiracy, do you?[/QUOTE]

Dear Tao, you don't really believe in the non-NWO conspiracy, do you?

What do you know about Bilderberg Group? about Illuminati? about Bohemian Grove (in Garden Grove, CA)? have you ever seen the video of past & current world leaders/presidents/presidential advisors/uber rich & powerful folks attending the cult like worshipping & burning death of a human effigy at Bohemian Grove?

Have you seen David Gergen's reaction to being called out for attending it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]NWO? :eek:

Oh no, you're one of those. Considering you're a fan of Gore's , I guess I'm not surprised.

"Buck the establishment, MAN!!! Fight the power, MAN!!!"

Don't worry, friend. We all go through that rebellious stage. You'll eventually grow out of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not fighting anything... what's the use of setting yourself up for failure?

that battle/war was lost in November 1963... the last hope ended in June of 68

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]Dear Tao, you don't really believe in the non-NWO conspiracy, do you?

What do you know about Bilderberg Group? about Illuminati? about Bohemian Grove (in Garden Grove, CA)? have you ever seen the video of past & current world leaders/presidents/presidential advisors/uber rich & powerful folks attending the cult like worshipping & burning death of a human effigy at Bohemian Grove?

Have you seen David Gergen's reaction to being called out for attending it?[/QUOTE]

You did [I]not [/I]just reference the Illuminati. Please tell me I'm reading that incorrectly.

[B]LOL[/B]