Thread: Senators / Ducks Gm5 Thread

Jets Insider VIP

Senators / Ducks Gm5 Thread

What the hell, I dont see one so I made one.

This 2nd period is finally getting good 3-2 Ottawa clawing back...

Jets Insider VIP
    So much for that. 4-2 Ducks.

The Cup Final can't end in 5 games. Thats just gay.

Jets Insider VIP
    5-2 Ducks, 14:00 left in the 3rd...

Undrafted Free Agent
    6-2

Jets Insider VIP
    Ducks win the Cup.

Rookie
    Exactly and watching Bettman sell the sport to the South The fans could care less if the team doesnt play well next year. Keep alienating the fans you already had, Bettman. Great team in the Ducks, cant say the same about the support. Oh well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    what? the ducks sold out every game this season and maybe all last season.....u wanna complain about nashville ok..noone is watching them...but all 3 cali teams have good fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh well. It was good to see Selanne get his first Cup, I always thought he was a classy player.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinoFakeSpike
    what? the ducks sold out every game this season and maybe all last season.....u wanna complain about nashville ok..noone is watching them...but all 3 cali teams have good fans
    Sold out every game? I was at the Rangers-Ducks game earlier this year in Anaheim and it was far from a sellout.

Jets Insider VIP
    WOW. a Tyutin fan.

I think what is even more sad is that Anaheim only had 15,000 people turn out for the celebration...That means they couldn't even fill an arena with the people that showed up in the Honda Center parking lot for the celebration. How damn pathetic is that?

Maybe I am spoiled by seeing 19000 people in the arena and another 10000+ in the parking lot for the playoff games....and filling the arena with 12000 people to watch an away game on the jumbotron.

All I know is, if they don't give Emilio Estevez a day with the cup, then I am going to be pissed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    I think what is even more sad is that Anaheim only had 15,000 people turn out for the celebration...That means they couldn't even fill an arena with the people that showed up in the Honda Center parking lot for the celebration. How damn pathetic is that?

Maybe I am spoiled by seeing 19000 people in the arena and another 10000+ in the parking lot for the playoff games....and filling the arena with 12000 people to watch an away game on the jumbotron.

All I know is, if they don't give Emilio Estevez a day with the cup, then I am going to be pissed.
    Lmao. Rangers has over 1 million people in the streets.

That's the frustrating part...for cities like New York, Buffalo, Detroit, Philly...the celebration would be outstanding. Buffalo would completely shut down for the whole day, I am sure of it...

I am so glad for the Anaheim players, they really showed how great of a team they had against Ottawa. I just wish that the city of Los Angeles would have embraced them a little more...I know Anaheim is kind of the "East Rutherford" of Los Angeles, but I really think it would have done a lot for the sport to show that there was a city that backed them. No matter how much they sold out in the season, it's tough to see noone come out to celebrate it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    I just wish that the city of Los Angeles would have embraced them a little more...I know Anaheim is kind of the "East Rutherford" of Los Angeles, but I really think it would have done a lot for the sport to show that there was a city that backed them.
    Good analogy. The dichotomy between New York and New Jersey for their Stanley Cup celebrations was startling.