Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your presidential ticket is......?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Your presidential ticket is......?

What would be your presidential ticket if you had to vote right now?

President: Fred Thompson

Vice President: Newt Gingrich

Why? Obviously, Thompson's views are most like my own and he has the charisma that makes people want to follow him. I chose Newt because when you here this guy speak it sounds like he has actually thought about issues and has come up with intuitive ideas to solve problems.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=viermoo]What would be your presidential ticket if you had to vote right now?

Why? Obviously, Thompson's views are most like my own and he has the charisma that makes people want to follow him. I chose Newt because when you here this guy speak it sounds like he has actually thought about issues and has come up with intuitive ideas to solve problems.[/QUOTE]

too much of a southern ticket....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Democratic

President- Barack Obama
    Vice President- Joe Biden

Republican

President- Mitt Romney
    Vice President- Mike Huckabee

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=viermoo]What would be your presidential ticket if you had to vote right now?

Why? Obviously, Thompson's views are most like my own and he has the charisma that makes people want to follow him. I chose Newt because when you here this guy speak it sounds like he has actually thought about issues and has come up with intuitive ideas to solve problems.[/QUOTE]

Thompson will win the nomination...the question is, who for VP? Personally, I do not see Guiliani or Romney playing second fiddle, but that would be a decent balance. McCain is almost 'too good' of a friend to join with Thompson, and I can't stand McCain anyway.

Interesting possibilities are George Allen of VA (southern to a degree, but VA with the recent influx into Northern VA is not the Repub stronghold it used to be). Might secure VA for the 'Pubbies. Then there is always Santorum from PA, but I'm not sure he can deliver his state.

Anyone named Bush is out...sorry Jeb. Hunter would be intriguing, but I doubt he could deliver CA. MO is a 'borderline' battleground these days too...I'm certain that Jim Talent will get a lookee see.

Someone who would blow Dems minds would be J.C. Watts of OK.

Interesting possibilities...but it won't be Gingrich.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81]Thompson will win the nomination...the question is, who for VP? Personally, I do not see Guiliani or Romney playing second fiddle, but that would be a decent balance. McCain is almost 'too good' of a friend to join with Thompson, and I can't stand McCain anyway.

Interesting possibilities are George Allen of VA (southern to a degree, but VA with the recent influx into Northern VA is not the Repub stronghold it used to be). Might secure VA for the 'Pubbies. Then there is always Santorum from PA, but I'm not sure he can deliver his state.

Anyone named Bush is out...sorry Jeb. Hunter would be intriguing, but I doubt he could deliver CA. MO is a 'borderline' battleground these days too...I'm certain that Jim Talent will get a lookee see.

Someone who would blow Dems minds would be J.C. Watts of OK.

Interesting possibilities...but it won't be Gingrich.[/QUOTE]

Allen and Santorum didn't both these guys get booted out of the senate last November? What makes you think they will help when they can't even win an election in there own state.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan]Allen and Santorum didn't both these guys get booted out of the senate last November? What makes you think they will help when they can't even win an election in there own state.[/QUOTE]

National election, not state. And both lost by relatively narrow margins.

States vote different in national elections...look at VA. VA hasn't gone to the Dems since 1964....but the last senate election showed how tight VA has become. PA too has been a close state for the last 3-4 POTUS elections.

The VP slot to someone like Thompson needs to be a 'strategic' pick vs. a pick for any other reason like comfort, or whatever.

There are some 'play' states that are pivotal....VA, PA, OH, MO and FL...I'm just looking for acceptable candidates from these states.

Pure conjecture.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]Jim Talent is a great American and would be a worthy VP, too me....Only good from him losing, is the woman that took his place is basically a Zell Miller Democrat (leans right on many issues -- makes Bush look like a total lefty).

[/QUOTE]

Man, are you sure your talking about McCaskill? She ain't no Zell Miller.

I know Talent, and he is a good man...decent and honest. That probably means he doesn't have a chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81]Thompson will win the nomination...the question is, who for VP? Personally, I do not see Guiliani or Romney playing second fiddle, but that would be a decent balance. McCain is almost 'too good' of a friend to join with Thompson, and I can't stand McCain anyway.

[B]Someone who would blow Dems minds would be J.C. Watts of OK.[/B]

Interesting possibilities...but it won't be Gingrich.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah he would. Watts is making way more money with speaking engagements, but he'd be a great candidate for president.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duncan Hunter
    vp - Pat Buchanan

In reality
    Romney
    vp - Giuliani

Re JC Watts - I vaguely remember some kind of an incident involving him which killed any chance of him running for national office. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else - does anyone else remember this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOP: Thompson/Guiliani

Dem: Z. Miller/"Icecake" Jefferson

The only GOP player I don't want is McCain.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a Romney/Thompson ticket. That's what I'd vote for, at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]I'd like to see a Romney/Thompson ticket. That's what I'd vote for, at least.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, though I don't see Romney getting the bid...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of the contenders, I think Romney/Huckabee woudl be the lesser of all those evils.

For the Dems, I guess Biden/Clinton would the lesser of all those evils.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]
    For the Dems, I guess Biden/Clinton would the lesser of all those evils.[/QUOTE]

Really?? I would think that would be the evilest of those evils.

I could settle for Obama, but not Edwards, and definitely not Clinton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I agree with that, though I don't see Romney getting the bid...[/QUOTE]
    Sorry in advance if you've said this previously, but who do you see getting the nod?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ideal ticket for me:
    Giuliani/Bloomberg (one would obviously have to claim residency in another state like Cheney did)

Giuliani/Romney wouldn't be too bad though. Just not McCain... he's turning more and more into the Republican version of John Kerry (but nowhere near the idiocy).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Picks:

Republican:

Pres: Ron Paul
    VP: Newt Gingrich

Democrat:

Pres: Joe Biden
    VP: Barrack Obama

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of the candidates on either side excites me right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of the people running currently, the best Democratic ticket (for me) would be Obama/Richardson. If Gore ran, I'd root for a Gore/Obama ticket.

On the GOP side, probably Paul/Huckabee of the current field. Chuck Hegel is the only republican I'd consider voting for though, and he's not running.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like Fred Thompson is a lock for the Republican bid. Nice ticket might be Thompson/ Guiliani or Thompson / Romney

With Guiliani he could be used to lead up the war on terror
    Romney could be used to focus on domestic economic issues.

For the Dems, I hate to say it but Hillary is the only one I could stomach. Edwards is the lowest form of panderer. I actually get nauseous when he speaks. I'm not crazy about Obama at all.