Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look Who's Supporting Obama!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Look Who's Supporting Obama!

[QUOTE][B]LOOK WHO’S SUPPORTING OBAMA [/B]

Yesterday, Senator Barack Obama became the first presidential contender to launch a religious outreach website, faith.barackobama.com. Commenting on it today is Catholic League president Bill Donohue:

“On Sen. Obama’s new website, he lists the testimonials of three controversial clergymen: Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., senior pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago; Rev. J. Alfred Smith Sr., senior pastor of Allen Temple Baptist Church in Oakland, California; and Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Roman Catholic Chicago priest.

“Rev. Wright was scheduled to give the invocation at the forum of Obama’s presidential announcement on February 10, but the night before the event Obama rescinded the bid: the Illinois senator knew that his spiritual advisor was so divisive that he would cloud the ceremonies. The black liberation theologian has a record of giving racially inflammatory sermons and has even said that Zionism has an element of ‘white racism.’ He also blamed the attacks of 9/11 on American foreign policy.

“Rev. Smith was honored by the notoriously violent Black Panther Party of Oakland in 1975, and in 1990 was given a community award by the Nation of Islam, an anti-Semitic, anti-Catholic and anti-gay group.

“Rev. Pfleger has allowed Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan to preach in his church; he has been arrested for defacing billboards; he has paid prostitutes to worship at his church; and only last week he staged an anti-gun rally in front of a gun store where he exhorted the crowd to hunt down the owner ‘like a rat’ and ‘snuff’ him.

“While Obama is not responsible for the record of these three clergymen, he is responsible for giving them the opportunity to prominently display their testimonials on his religious outreach website. If these are the kinds of clergymen he admires, perhaps it’s best he shut down his new website and start all over again. It will take more than ‘God talk’ to get Obama out of this jam.”

The Catholic League is the nation's largest Catholic civil rights organization. It defends individual Catholics and the institutional Church from defamation and discrimination.[/QUOTE]

just the kind of people expected to back hussien....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are slipping. I am waiting for you rant about Edwards travelling with Danny Glover.

Catholics shouldn't be too quick to point out prositutes and such. I wish the Catholic church had a problem with whores, leave them kids alone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL=http://citizenchris.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gaylehaggard_1.jpg]http://citizenchris.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gaylehaggard_1.jpg[/URL]

Republican supporter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being called "divisive" by Bill Donohue is like being called blue by a smurf.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    look who is still supporting Bush

CBNY how does it feel to be marginalized?

i can't believe you hate America!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]look who is still supporting Bush

CBNY how does it feel to be marginalized?

i can't believe you hate America![/QUOTE]

your usual idiot response.....

when you have testimonials on the pages of the web sites of GOP nominees with radicals, racists, etc as hussien has you'll have a point....it'll be a first for you....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Catholics shouldn't be too quick to point out prositutes and such. I wish the Catholic church had a problem with whores, leave them kids alone.[/QUOTE]

See CR< this is calling "Changing the subject". Either these Reverends are OK, and Obama can/should support them. Or they are NOT OK, based on their actions, and Obama should be criticised for supporting them.

Catholic Priests dont enter the equation. Now, if a Specific Pedophile Priest is supported by one of the Republicans, and put on that Republicans website like this, THEN you would have a legitimate reason to bring it up.

Otherwise, all you're doing is avoiding the issue, and changing the subject.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you'll have a point....it'll be a first for you....[/QUOTE]

i guess you aren't counting the two straight years in 2002 and 2003 i said war in Iraq would be an utter disaster. I seem to remember making that point

fact is i make alot of points CBNY - you should try reading them sometimes

Although I know it's not gonna pass your internal censor unless it's got a "newsmax" byline

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i guess you aren't counting the two straight years in 2002 and 2003 i said war in Iraq would be an utter disaster. I seem to remember making that point

fact is i make alot of points CBNY - you should try reading them sometimes

Although I know it's not gonna pass your internal censor unless it's got a "newsmax" byline[/QUOTE]

this from someone who likes to cherry pick a sentence here or a paragraph there from a story to try and distort the facts....more classic leftist bullsh!t...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]this from someone who likes to cherry pick a sentence here or a paragraph there from a story to try and distort the facts....more classic leftist bullsh!t...[/QUOTE]

yeah... so... um... yeah...

let me know when we win that war in Iraq ok buddy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bit, where have you been? We won about 1500 days ago, remember?

[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/APmission.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]bit, where have you been? We won about 1500 days ago, remember?
    [/QUOTE]

it's good to have you back dawg :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah... so... um... yeah...

let me know when we win that war in Iraq ok buddy?[/QUOTE]

john roberts will be a liberal SC justice...the Duke lax players were guilty...the refs threw the game in cleveland...flight 93 was shot down...marine killed innocent people in cold blood..and on...and on...and on.....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]See CR< this is calling "Changing the subject". Either these Reverends are OK, and Obama can/should support them. Or they are NOT OK, based on their actions, and Obama should be criticised for supporting them.

Catholic Priests dont enter the equation. Now, if a Specific Pedophile Priest is supported by one of the Republicans, and put on that Republicans website like this, THEN you would have a legitimate reason to bring it up.

Otherwise, all you're doing is avoiding the issue, and changing the subject.[/QUOTE]

That's all cr ever does... instead of contributing he either posts a random picture or takes a cheap shot at a person or issue.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]That's all cr ever does... instead of contributing he either posts a random picture or takes a cheap shot at a person or issue.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, I think he's better than that. And I think we have ALOT of folks who perform the ol' "Subject Change" routine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And I think we have ALOT of folks who perform the ol' "Subject Change" routine.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://net.typepad.com/net/9uadcx_small.jpg[/IMG]

We will just buff that scratch out...the boss will never know.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan][IMG]http://net.typepad.com/net/9uadcx_small.jpg[/IMG]

We will just buff that scratch out...the boss will never know.[/QUOTE]

nice to see you're improving the quality of vehicles you own....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]In fairness, I think he's better than that. And I think we have ALOT of folks who perform the ol' "Subject Change" routine.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, he's called into question my own personal decision to complete college instead of enlisting in the army to go to Iraq more times than I care to count.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]nice to see you're improving the quality of vehicles you own....[/QUOTE]

What can I say? I was pretty sure it would fit through the Burger King drive-thru...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]In fairness, he's called into question my own personal decision to complete college instead of enlisting in the army to go to Iraq more times than I care to count.[/QUOTE]

And I disagree with such a position, as I do with most of his positions. Doesn't neccessarily make him a dick Paulie. No worries, I am not PResident of the defend CR Club.