Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP chief wants another 9/11

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

GOP chief wants another 9/11

Arkansas GOP Chairman Dennis Milligan verbalizes the secret wishes of so many misguided Bush supporters - if only there were another 9/11 to boost approval of policy.

[quote]ďAt the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think [B]all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001 ],[/B] and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country,

[url]http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/191942/print/[/url]
    [/quote]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this the other day. Unreal how someone can even think like this.

The republican (mind)set is a fleeting thing....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats just a slight distortion of his intended meaning, wouldn't you say Bit?

Or have you joined Tang's "Bush Was Behind WWII, the Cold War and 9/11" Theory Club?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Thats just a slight distortion of his intended meaning, wouldn't you say Bit?
    [/QUOTE]

cmon fish the guy said "all we need" is another 9/11

and you are putting the blame on me, like im some sort of extremist?

maybe just maybe he's a crackpot

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]cmon fish the guy said "all we need" is another 9/11

maybe just maybe he's a crackpot[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I expect the smae kind of understanding here that you displayed wen Kerry made his "Iraq Troops are Dumbz" comment.

You and I both know his intent was more along the lines of "If we were attacked again, it might wake up Americans to why Bush is doing what he's doing". I happen to disagree with him on that position, as I think all another attack would do is galvanize the "It's all our fault" side of the issue.

However, if you really in your heart think he means "Boy oh boy, I sure do wish our Enemy would kill a few thusand more Americans here in teh USA!!! Whoo Hooo!!!" then, yes, I think you MIGHT be losing your perspective a wee bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]
    In all honesty it looks like it's taken slightly out of context. He's speaking more in terms of extremes that would have to happen for some people who he believes are hard asses to give Bush any type of credit. I'm not saying I agree with him at all, but I understand his intent behind the statement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe just maybe he's a crackpot[/QUOTE]

You can't be that ignorant. You simply can't. :rolleyes:

Quite possibly the most bastardized interpretation of his statement possible.

And you call yourself an open-minded independent. This truly shows how low you are willing to go. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are the ones spinning here not me.

If I said "all i need is a cold beer and I'll feel better" that explicitly expresses the fact that I WANT a beer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]You guys are the ones spinning here not me.

If I said "all i need is a cold beer and I'll feel better" that explicitly expresses the fact that I WANT a beer.[/QUOTE]
    What if I said: "All it takes is for Dewayne Robertson to get injured, and people will really appreciate what we have in him."

Would you agree that statement has some merit? And, by me making that statement, am I clearly in favor of Robertson getting hurt?
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 06-07-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]You guys are the ones spinning here not me.

If I said "all i need is a cold beer and I'll feel better" that explicitly expresses the fact that I WANT a beer.[/QUOTE]

Keep trying Bit. That's BS and you know. You are proving to be beyond hopeless. No longer worth it either. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]What if I said: "All it takes is for Dewayne Robertson to get injured, and people will really appreciate what we have in him."

Would you agree that statement has some merit? And, by me making that statement, am I clearly in favor of Robertson getting hurt?[/QUOTE]

well he didn't say all it takes he said "All we need"

If I said "All we need is Drob to get hurt and you will all realize how right I was"

the implication could be that deep down i care more about being right than whether or not Drob gets hurt.

and this isn't a stretch at all.

this guy wants another 9/11 so that people can see how great Bush's policies really are. The chances of such an event occuring in Arkansas are remote at best.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]well he didn't say all it takes he said "All we need"

If I said "All we need is Drob to get hurt and you will all realize how right I was"

the implication could be that deep down i care more about being right than whether or not Drob gets hurt.

and this isn't a stretch at all.

this guy wants another 9/11 so that people can see how great Bush's policies really are. The chances of such an event occuring in Arkansas are remote at best.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Whatever you say Bit. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]LOL. Whatever you say Bit. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

ok you all seem to know more than me

what is this guy trying to say?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]ok you all seem to know more than me

what is this guy trying to say?[/QUOTE]
    Clearly he's saying that he wants another 5000+ Americans to die in yet another terrorist attack.

You're absolutely right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Clearly he's saying that he wants another 5000+ Americans to die in yet another terrorist attack.

You're absolutely right.[/QUOTE]

Still didn't answer my question

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]ok you all seem to know more than me

what is this guy trying to say?[/QUOTE]
    That the American public has forgotten what the War on Terror is all about. They have conveniently forgotten the motivations and goals of our enemy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]That the American public has forgotten what the War on Terror is all about. They have conveniently forgotten the motivations and goals of our enemy.[/QUOTE]

and... all it would take is another 9.11 to remind them

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]and... all it would take is another 9.11 to remind them[/QUOTE]
    Yes, another attack on American soil would remind them of these reasons. That is a fact. That he "wants another 9/11" is not the case. How you got there from his words is a mystery to me. Part of me says you are just trying to stir things up, if so we took the bait. For all the talk on this board about CBTNY's "inflammatory" titles, this tops them all.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]That the American public has forgotten what the War on Terror is all about. They have conveniently forgotten the motivations and goals of our enemy.[/QUOTE]

and the enemy has sat back and let liberals do the work to make the public forget....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]and... all it would take is another 9.11 to remind them[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right, where's the confusion?