Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The party of Pelosi- the hypocrisy never ends...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

The party of Pelosi- the hypocrisy never ends...

wasn't this the same rat who kept crying "cronyism"???

[QUOTE][B]Vinod Gupta Gets Generous With Other People's Money[/B]

Posted Jun 11th 2007 9:30AM by Dinesh D'Souza
    Filed under: Scandal, Indian-American politics, Nancy Pelosi

What is entrepreneur Vinod Gupta thinking? First it is reported that the InfoUSA CEO has been funneling millions of dollars to Bill Cinton, supposedly for "consulting." Gupta paid the good ol' boy $.2.1 million, and has promised him an additional $1.2 million. Gupta has also been flying the Clintons around in his corporate jet.

Now we find out from Newsmax that Gupta has placed Paul Pelosi, son of Nancy Pelosi, on his payroll to the tune of $180,000 a year. What's strange about this is that--a) Pelosi is supposed to be a full-time employee but he already holds another job, as home loan office for Countrywide Loans in San Mateo, California, b) as a home mortgage loan officer, Pelosi would seem to have little knowledge or experience in the kid of database business that InfoUSA is, and c) Pelosi was hired as senior vice president on February 1, just a couple of weeks after Pelosi became speaker of the house.

"It's interesting, timing-wise," Paul Pelosi said. "I guess you always wonder why someone hires you, right?" Asked what exactly he does for InfoUSA, Pelosi says, "I'm very qualified at what I do. I work a lot of hours at it, and it's only been a couple months but in that short period of time I've been able to really work on some material projects which are coming forward." Which is basically a way of saying he does nothing.

Gupta is currently involved in a shareholder lawsuit which alleges that he misappropriated company funds for personal use and pet projects. In showering presents on these leading Democrats, Gupta apparently was not trying to get favors out of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. It seems he just wants to get his picture taken with important people. If this is what you need to show the folks back home that you've made it, Gupta, do it next time with your own money.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/06/11/vinod-gupta-gets-generous-with-other-peoples-money/[/url]

[QUOTE][B]They All Really Are Corrupt, Aren't They?
    Wednesday, June 06, 2007[/B]

On a day that Scooter Libby is sentenced to 30 months in jail for doing something, nobody knows what, the sentencing judge, U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said.:

"People who occupy these types of positions, where they have the welfare and security of nation in their hands, have a special obligation to not do anything that might create a problem."

On this day, with that in mind, Ron Kessler of NewsMax, informs us that the son of the third most powerful person in the U.S. government, Paul Pelosi Jr., has been placed on the payroll of InfoUSA – even though he has no experience in the company's main business activities at a salary of $180,000 per year.

[I]InfoUSA repeatedly rented marketing databases to unscrupulous persons who used the information to defraud the unsuspecting elderly, investigators found.

The company is also under fire in a shareholder lawsuit which alleges that (major Clinton backer Vinod) Gupta is appropriating company funds for personal use and his political pet projects. Shareholder critics are furious that Gupta had InfoUsa pay former President Bill Clinton $2.1 million in "consulting fees" since he left the White House, with another $1.2 million promised.

Gupta has also spent roughly $1 million of InfoUsa funds to provide corporate jet flights for both President Clinton and his wife Hillary.

Pelosi's son Paul acknowledged he has also been taking trips on corporate jets provided by Info USA.[/I]

This is the same Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has promised an Honest Leadership and Open Government Act, an act that would prohibit House members from accepting gifts and travel from lobbyists or from organizations that employ lobbyists.

I guess the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act won't apply to an ex Democrat President, a junior Democrat Senator from NY, or the son of a House Democrat Speaker.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analysis/178/7785/corrupt.asp?wid=178&nid=7785[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why the Republicans don't have an extravagant news conference crying foul! like you know Nancy would have done had the tables been turned.

Where's bitonti at?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well this isn't nepotism or cronism, it's just people with connections.

cronism would be if nancy pelosi put paul in charge of somethin he wasn't qualified for... like Brown for FEMA, Wolfowitz for the World Bank or Miers for the Supreme Court.

if another company wants to waste money on her son, why is that wrong?

private companies can hire and fire who they want, we should get concerned when the American government engages in cronism. Corporations do things like this all the time, and I'm not sure it's wrong. It's unfair to the guy that would have gotten that job perhaps but not really our business.

in the end it's GOP stretching for a non issue

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]well this isn't nepotism or cronism, it's just people with connections.

cronism would be if nancy pelosi put paul in charge of somethin he wasn't qualified for... like Brown for FEMA, Wolfowitz for the World Bank or Miers for the Supreme Court.

private companies can hire and fire who they want, we should get concerned when the American government engages in cronism. Corporations do things like this all the time, and I'm not sure it's wrong. It's unfair to the guy that would have gotten that job perhaps but not really our business.

in the end it's GOP stretching for a non issue[/QUOTE]

Ditto: The story doesn't allege any improper behavior by Nancy Pelosi at all. If her position makes her son more employable, good for him.

Gupta sounds like a sleazebag, sure, but a private company can hire whoever it wants.

If he starts wielding influence over Pelosi's votes or official duties, that would be corruption. But this story doesn't allege that at all. It simply says her son got a private-sector job he might not be qualified for, possibly because he's her son.

Who cares?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    you knew it would only be a matter of minutes before members of the culture of hypocrisy came to ms. nancee's rescue....typical double standard BS praticed by the left....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you knew it would only be a matter of minutes before members of the culture of hypocrisy came to ms. nancee's rescue....typical double standard BS praticed by the left....[/QUOTE]

Can you please, in your own words, explain what you think Nancy Pelosi personally did wrong here?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Ditto: [B]The story doesn't allege any improper behavior by Nancy Pelosi at all.[/B] If her position makes her son more employable, good for him.[/QUOTE]

I actually laughed out loud at this. are you kidding me? she was the hero of righteousnesses going into election 2006! she was going to do everything right! remember?
    She has made connections for him (her son).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]I actually laughed out loud at this. are you kidding me? she was the hero of righteousnesses going into election 2006! she was going to do everything right! remember?
    She has made connections for him (her son).[/QUOTE]

First of all, the story does not allege Nancy Pelosi had anything to do with Gupta hiring her son (except for being his mother). Where do you read that she used any connections to get him the job?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]well this isn't nepotism or cronism, it's just people with connections.

in the end it's GOP stretching for a non issue[/QUOTE]

or like corzine getting his girlfriend a nice six-figure job with a local union???

yeh....as usual you've got a valid point...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]or like corzine getting his girlfriend a nice six-figure job with a local union???

yeh....as usual you've got a valid point...[/QUOTE]

Can't you even defend the article you posted? Fogret Corzine and explain, in your own words, what Nancy Pelosi personally did wrong in the article you posted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you knew it would only be a matter of minutes before [B]members of the culture of hypocrisy(?) [/B] came to ms. nancee's rescue....typical double standard BS praticed by the left....[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/foxstature.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/foleyD.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]First of all, the story does not allege Nancy Pelosi had anything to do with Gupta hiring her son (except for being his mother). Where do you read that she used any connections to get him the job?

Her position may have made him a more appealing hire, but that's not her fault.[/QUOTE]
    Stop tip toeing around the fact that all politicians have connections.

She's the one that put herself on this high and mighty pedestal during the recent election, saying she was the next coming of Honest Abe.

You're trying to sweep this under the rug, just like bit is. had this been a Republican, there would have been a lavish news conference in front of the capital demanding investigations. and you know it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]Stop tip toeing around the fact that all politicians have connections.

She's the one that put herself on this high and mighty pedestal during the recent election, saying she was the next coming of Honest Abe.

You're trying to sweep this under the rug, just like bit is. had this been a Republican, there would have been a lavish news conference in front of the capital demanding investigations. and you know it.[/QUOTE]

ala jack abramooff (minus the harry reid contributions of course)....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]Stop tip toeing around the fact that all politicians have connections.

You're trying to sweep this under the rug, just like bit is. had this been a Republican, there would have been a lavish news conference in front of the capital demanding investigations. and you know it.[/QUOTE]

News conference alleging what?

That she let her son take a private-sector job?

The story doesn't even allege any wrongdoing on her part. It doesn't say she asked Gupta to hire him, or even that she has any connection to Gupta at all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]News conference alleging what?[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]Now we find out from Newsmax [B]that Gupta has placed Paul Pelosi, son of Nancy Pelosi, on his payroll to the tune of $180,000 a year. What's strange about this is that--a) Pelosi is supposed to be a full-time employee but he already holds another job, as home loan office for Countrywide Loans in San Mateo, California, b) as a home mortgage loan officer, Pelosi would seem to have little knowledge or experience in the kid of database business [/B]that InfoUSA is, and c) Pelosi was hired as senior vice president on February 1, just a couple of weeks after Pelosi became speaker of the house.[/QUOTE]

For this.. you don't find this strange at all? :confused:
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]That she let her son take a private-sector job?

The story doesn't even allege any wrongdoing on her part. It doesn't say she asked Gupta to hire him, or even that she has any connection to Gupta at all.[/QUOTE]
    A private sector job that he's not really qualified for at a tune of $180,000 is not normal. it smells very bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]For this.. you don't find this strange at all? :confused:

A private sector job that he's not really qualified for at a tune of $180,000 is not normal. it smells very bad.[/QUOTE]

That says what Gupta did.

It doesn't say that Nancy Pelosi did anything.

It's simple: In a sentence, please tell me what your press conference would allege that Nancy Pelosi did.

The sentence should use Nancy Pelosi as the subject, include a verb, and the bad thing she did should be the object.

For instance: Nancy Pelosi did what?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]For this.. you don't find this strange at all? :confused:

A private sector job that he's not really qualified for at a tune of $180,000 is not normal. it smells very bad.[/QUOTE]
    But I'm sure the Dems would be OK with Jenna Bush landing the job. :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]That says what Gupta did.

It doesn't say that Nancy Pelosi did anything.

It's simple: In a sentence, please tell me what your press conference would allege that Nancy Pelosi did.

The sentence should use Nancy Pelosi as the subject, include a verb, and the bad thing she did should be the object.

For instance: Nancy Pelosi did what?[/QUOTE]
    Good lord, you must be a lawyer. I give up with you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]But I'm sure the Dems would be OK with Jenna Bush landing the job. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In the private sector? Yes, i couldnt care less,it would be ok.
    But if Daddy made her say director of homeland security, id have a problem

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]Good lord, you must be a lawyer. I give up with you.[/QUOTE]

It's not complicated: Who did what?

The story above does not allege that Nancy Pelosi did anything at all.