Thread: Henry Agrees to Deal With Barcelona

All Pro

Henry Agrees to Deal With Barcelona?

http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/S...128243,00.html

Henry to sign with Barcelona
    11/06/2007 18:43 - (SA)

Madrid - Thierry Henry has agreed to sign a three-year contract with Spanish giants Barcelona, according to the digital version of France Football on Monday evening.

According to France Football, Henry's representatives have just reached agreement with Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain for a lucrative contract until June 2010.

Now Barcelona - keen to rebuild their squad after a disappointing season - will have to negotiate with Arsenal, Henry's club.
    The digital version claims that Barca are prepared to pay around 25 million euros for the Frenchman, who will be 30 in August. - Sapa-dpa

From a French site and this is a blurb saying the same thing from another site. If true, Id really want Eto'o but this doesnt sound like that would happen.

EDIT: His agent is denying this veehemently according to SKY SPORTS(http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471408&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title =Henry's+agent+blasts+Barca+talk) but some think its to avoid future tampering charges. We have to wait and see but for now this title gets a question mark.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 06-11-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471408&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title =Henry's+agent+blasts+Barca+talk
    Henry's agent blasts Barca talk
    Thierry Henry's agent has reacted angrily to reports in France saying the Arsenal striker has agreed to join Barcelona.

Tuesday's edition of France Football claims Henry has consented to sign a three-year deal with the Spanish giants.

However, agent Jerome Anderson has dismissed the reports and is now threatening legal action.

"The story is absolute rubbish," Anderson was quoted as telling Sky Sports News.

"I can categorically state that I have never met or had discussions with anyone from Barcelona."

"The story says I met with them in the South of France. The fact is I haven't been to the South of France for years.

"I will be seeking legal advice over this story."

Henry's future has been the subject of intense speculation again in recent months despite him signing a four-year deal with The Gunners last summer.

Barcelona have made no secret of their admiration for the Frenchman, while Milan have also been linked.

However, Arsene Wenger guaranteed that his talismanic captain would not be sold last month, while Henry has assured fans previously that his future remains in London.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

if henry does, in fact, sign with barca, you gotta believe it'll be the english or spanish press, not some french football website, that breaks the news...

Practice Squad
    henry CANT talk to another club about a possible move there until a fee is agreed between the clubs, which there wont be.. thats called tapping up and cashley cole was caught talking to chelsea and got fined

Hall Of Fame
    This would be a pretty big deal - I don't really watch a lot of Spanish soccer, I'd have to tune in more.