Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giuliani's 12 Commitments

Giuliani's 12 Commitments

I was wonerding if anyone disagreed with any of Rudy's positions...........

The Twelve Commitments:

1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us.
    2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
    3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
    4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
    5. I will impose accountability on Washington.
    6. I will lead America towards energy independence.
    7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
    8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
    9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
    10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
    11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
    12. I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.

View Full Archive

Sounds too good to be true.
    Will Bernie be able to help him out when he is in prison?

[IMG]http://static.flickr.com/61/207392275_9da1b454df_m.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=3]Ah life before Bernie had to take the 5th.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=JCnflies]I was wonerding if anyone disagreed with any of Rudy's positions...........

The Twelve Commitments:

2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
    7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
    8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
    10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
    11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
    12. I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.

View Full Archive[/QUOTE]

Parts I have major problems with:

1. We need more national defense, not offense. Being on the offense means preemptive warfare and Guiliani has already talked of nation building in the third debate and that will cost trillions of dollars to the American people.

2. Impossible to track everyone in this country. He wants a National ID card which will create another Federal department similar to the IRS. You will have to care your card at all times and the gov. will be able to ask you for it at all times. Also identify theft and fake identity will rise.

3. You cannot do it with his foreign policy.

4. You cannot cut taxes if you are on the 'offense' on terrorism.

10. Habius Corpus is part of the constitution and something he does not believe in.

The rest is just a bunch of hollow claims which he has not given a plan for and is very unrealistic.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat]Parts I have major problems with:

1. We need more national defense, not offense. Being on the offense means preemptive warfare and Guiliani has already talked of nation building in the third debate and that will cost trillions of dollars to the American people.

2. Impossible to track everyone in this country. He wants a National ID card which will create another Federal department similar to the IRS. You will have to care your card at all times and the gov. will be able to ask you for it at all times. Also identify theft and fake identity will rise.

3. You cannot do it with his foreign policy.

4. You cannot cut taxes if you are on the 'offense' on terrorism.

10. Habius Corpus is part of the constitution and something he does not believe in.

The rest is just a bunch of hollow claims which he has not given a plan for and is very unrealistic.[/QUOTE]

sorry not so great chief....
    all completely doable
    and unlike your thoughts/democrat/libertarian rectal-cranial inversion way, not hollow at all

what is the Democrat way anyway? cut n run? raise taxes? spend?
    do nothing when our ships, embassies etc are attacked?
    to terror is a fantasy and to be handled like street crime?
    rudy did a better job with that too-libs cut crooks loose

finally a gop candidate who articulated a platform

since rudy did the undoable in NYC his opponents,
    would hope he would fail running our nation but have no logical
    cause to do so-just fear/envy he will succeed

i feel certain that rudy, or fred would prosecute wars with extreme prejudice
    we tried the kinder gentler no breakage hippie way and it didnt install fear
    with the fanatics
    not too late to do things up right
    even if we have or had no intention to nation build, thats the way to go
    the other ways just lead to a cycle where we go back or
    fight down the road (Ignore, Gulf War 1)

if the IRS etc can find you we can find ALL the illegals
    who will cost far more, trillions more than any wars and contribute
    less than nada to our society
    biometrics and computers, duh!
    deporting every illegal can easily be done and far cheaper
    than you think-we deport thousands every day

rudy against Habeas Corpus? how dat? because he
    actually arrested criminals? boo-hoo

*let me be on record that i prefer fred, but rudy would
    be a good 2nd choice, because he gets the big issues
    he would crush any libtard and thats the main thing-
    keeping them down & out

*EDIT...just found out fred was for McCain-Feingold.
    not good...
    Last edited by flushingjet; 06-13-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]even if we have or had no intention to nation build, thats the way to go[/QUOTE]

Yeah...but let's do it with THEIR money. Let's not spend sh*tloads of our own money helping these stupid backwards a** third world retards build a "nation".

I'm all for helping the down and out....just as long as they are American citizens. Are we gonna get a refund from Iraq? How about cheaper oil? That's the funny thing about the cross-eyed pudding brained butt pirates running this war now. They couldn't even do it for oil like all the conspiracy nuts were saying. These people are so inept, they are even bad at being underhanded...

Number one is not doable without a draft. He will lose a lot of Jets Fans right there if them or their kids had to serve to keep us on the [COLOR=Red][B][I]offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=JCnflies]I was wonerding if anyone disagreed with any of Rudy's positions...........

The Twelve Commitments:

[B]--) What does this mean? That we will never leave Iraq, ever? That we will invade more countries? It's empty sloganeering.[/B]

[B]--) His position was described accurately by John McCain: "silent amnesty." He'll do nothing but moan about illegals.[/B]

[B]--) Has he ever said a word about the Bush spending debacle? Somehow his outrage has escaped me.[/B]

[B]--) How is he going to restore fiscal sanity and cut taxes again? More Bush math: More spending + lower taxes = our kids and grandkids get screwed.[/B]

[B]--) Nice track record on this one: He refuses to criticize even the Iraq debacle, and still calls it a good idea.[/B]

[B]--) Good idea, but he hasn't proposed any serious policies that decrease oil consumption over here. Anything that doesn't do that is bunk.[/B]

[B]--) What does this mean? Is that English? Is he for universal health care (the Romney/Schwarzenegger version that keeps the insurance companies in chagre) or not?[/B]

[B]--) He is in favor of government funding for abortions and is pro choice, which I like. But these are weasel words to conceal that position from the GOP primary voters.[/B]

[B]--) Strict constructionist except in that he supports restrictions on Habeas Corpus, advocates torture, and will put even U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism in an unconstitutional quasi-justice system, a la Jose Padilla.[/B]

[B]--) That would be a nice change.[/B]

[B]--) Yes, Rudy's hardline tactics --Bush's "with us or against us" on steroids-- will clearly enhance our reputation around the world. Worked so well the first time. [/B]

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiight.

Nuu, he lost me after number one :yes:

All Pro
    Very vague. He needs to get into specifics.

Para, those points are enough for the FOX Noise Channel viewers to think it is a policy :yes:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

The Twelve Commitments:

You left out # 13
    I will move the Federal Government to Manhattan

Where's this from, his campaign website?

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Yeah...but let's do it with THEIR money. Let's not spend sh*tloads of our own money helping these stupid backwards a** third world retards build a "nation".

I'm all for helping the down and out....just as long as they are American citizens. Are we gonna get a refund from Iraq? How about cheaper oil? That's the funny thing about the cross-eyed pudding brained butt pirates running this war now. They couldn't even do it for oil like all the conspiracy nuts were saying. These people are so inept, they are even bad at being underhanded...[/QUOTE]

very eggs-cellent point, but the libs wouldnt have it....

they never collected all the ww2 war debts, reparations,
    or marshall plan money
    they didnt ask for a refund / payment from kosovo
    from helping them

wed be "extorting" from others and thatd be a root cause for
    more wars, like WWI peace terms on Germany

still waiting for a lifetime $10 / barrel of oil from kuwait
    for their liberation

13. I will cheat on my wife... over, and over, and over, and over again.
    14. I will make sure my son continues to hate me.
    15. I will be embarrassed in the primary.

toilet flush jet

rectal - cranial inversion was hilarious

the rest of your post was doo-doo

have a nice night buddy

:zzz:

[QUOTE=bitonti]toilet flush jet

rectal - cranial inversion was hilarious

the rest of your post was doo-doo

have a nice night buddy

:zzz:[/QUOTE]

That's funny - but I', w/ TF.

[QUOTE=jefethegreat]
    The rest is just a bunch of hollow claims which he has not given a plan for and is very unrealistic.[/QUOTE]
    So Giuliani was 0-12 in impressing "jefe" from the Internet, huh? Bet there's panic in the Giuliani camp tonight.

"3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending"

Every politician says this, few actually do it, and I doubt Guiliani will. The guy is basically a war-mongering Democrat.

I give Giuliani credit for one thing though:

A 12-point platform in 2007 doesn't mention the word "Iraq" even once.

Way to take on the tough issues, Rudy!

[QUOTE=sackdance]So Giuliani was 0-12 in impressing "jefe" from the Internet, huh? Bet there's panic in the Giuliani camp tonight.[/QUOTE]

If you have ever said you are going to do something you first give a what and the next step is to define the how. In the commitments, Giuliani layed down the what but the what is not as important as the how. How will he do what he plans to do is important because to every ends there is a means. Extreme example, yea he could find every illegal immigrant if he institutes Marshall law and breaks in to everyones homes but the means are not worth the ends, so therefore his 12 commitments are bull**** D.C. garbage.