Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Almost 8 years ago

  1. #1

    Almost 8 years ago

    The Mets came into Yankee Stadium riding a 6 game losing streak, and went on to lose the first 2 to make it 8. In fact they went under .500. They went on to fire all their coaches besides Valentine, and heated up after, they ended the season with 97 wins. I'm not all that confident in the heart of this team to do the same thing, but just throwing it out there.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    I am just fine with the Mets going on a hot streak after the Yanks take 2 of next 3 in fact I totally support it

  3. #3
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    The Mets came into Yankee Stadium riding a 6 game losing streak, and went on to lose the first 2 to make it 8. In fact they went under .500. They went on to fire all their coaches besides Valentine, and heated up after, they ended the season with 97 wins. I'm not all that confident in the heart of this team to do the same thing, but just throwing it out there.

    Are you honestly worried about the little hiccup the Mets are having right now? Not only are they 8 games OVER .500, they are still in first place in the NL East.

    This is the kind of thread that a Yankees fan would have started a week and a half ago when everything was going to **** and they were 15 back behind the Red Sox. Don't tell me Mets fans are panicking already?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Are you honestly worried about the little hiccup the Mets are having right now? Not only are they 8 games OVER .500, they are still in first place in the NL East.

    This is the kind of thread that a Yankees fan would have started a week and a half ago when everything was going to **** and they were 15 back behind the Red Sox. Don't tell me Mets fans are panicking already?
    I for one am definately not panicing, but it is very concerning that the Mets are dropping games left and right to teams that they are better then (No offense to the Phillies, Diamondbacks, or Dodgers.......The Tigers is debateable). The Mets just need to get their act togeather, this slump has lasted too long.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Somerset, NJ
    Posts
    1,573
    Not worried at all about the Mets. The season will be filled with ups and downs. With the good start the Mets had, they were able to build a big enough lead to the point where if they slumped they'd still be in first. Thats where we are now. I'm confident the Mets will not play .100 baseball the rest of the year (as confident as I am that the Yanks wont play .900 baseball for the rest of the year). At some point the Mets will resume playing .600 baseball and the Phils will slow down. Regardless of the outcome of this weekend, Mets are in good shape.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I for one am definately not panicing, but it is very concerning that the Mets are dropping games left and right to teams that they are better then (No offense to the Phillies, Diamondbacks, or Dodgers.......The Tigers is debateable). The Mets just need to get their act togeather, this slump has lasted too long.
    You should worry if the losses were to the Nats, Red, Astros and Royals, but if you haven't checked lately, the Dodgers and Tigers both have better records than the Mets and the Phillies and DBacks are both within 2 games of them. I wouldn't say the Mets are clearly better than any of the 4 teams you mentioned.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino
    You should worry if the losses were to the Nats, Red, Astros and Royals, but if you haven't checked lately, the Dodgers and Tigers both have better records than the Mets and the Phillies and DBacks are both within 2 games of them. I wouldn't say the Mets are clearly better than any of the 4 teams you mentioned.
    Records in June are irrelevant to me, if you compare the Mets roster to that of teams like the Dodgers, Phillies, or Diamondbacks they simply don't compare.....they're not going to be able to hang with the Mets all year.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Are you honestly worried about the little hiccup the Mets are having right now? Not only are they 8 games OVER .500, they are still in first place in the NL East.

    This is the kind of thread that a Yankees fan would have started a week and a half ago when everything was going to **** and they were 15 back behind the Red Sox. Don't tell me Mets fans are panicking already?
    Not this Met fan. I still say the Mets are going to the World Series and might win it in 5 games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us