Thread: Mets gone wrong

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Mets gone wrong

You realize just how dire this is when you look up and see Valentine as DH. Our reserves in New Orleans are in even worse health. Let's list the maladies.

1st base. We know from the Cliff Floyd fiasco that Willie will keep plugging the name in no matter what. We can only hope.

2nd base. V's been off the field for 2 straight days and isn't yet 100%. Red flag after the comeback, but I'm not very worried about this one.

SS. Reyes is entitiled to a small slump and I'm fully confident he'll dominate soon again. His fielding is solid.

3rd base. He's not Chipper or ARod, but still the best we've ever had.

LF. Alou's leg might be worse than mine. Endy's got speed rash. Gomez will be a good one, but it's too much too soon.

CF. Maybe if he just acted like he cares.

RF. I never thought I'd miss Green, but glad he's back. I'm gonna file an APB on Milledge.

C. Very happy w/ his play so far. He's done everything we asked from all spots in the lineup, and is solid on D.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll let someone else do the pitching. The only problem I have is w/ Schoenweis and Heilmann.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 06-17-2007 at 11:34 PM.

All Pro
    tom glavine sucks, besides that and what you mentioned i have no other problems with the pitching

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    tom glavine sucks, besides that and what you mentioned i have no other problems with the pitching
    Glavine's problem is they held a meeting and outlawed his just-off-the-plate outside pitch. Sucks because he always got that call w/ the Braves. Willie and Omar need to realize the difference. Could be our first casualty.

All Pro
    if the mets are winning or losing id trade him at the deadline and be done with it already

Hall Of Fame
    if the mets are winning or losing id trade him at the deadline and be done with it already
    And replace him with who, Vargas?

Come on, he has a full NTC anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    And replace him with who, Vargas?

Come on, he has a full NTC anyway.
    business is shrewd, you prob get a real good prospect in return for him.
    Id replcae him with vargas for now until pedro comes back
    after the boos that will rain down on him at shea next time he pitches i think you will see him waive that NTC

I really hope we go after Ichiro hard in the offseason. It'd be really nice to have a superb #2 hitter and gold glove presence at RF for the next 4-5 seasons. Reyes would be next to unstoppable with Ichiro behind him and it'd certainly help Beltran as well having a speedster on base in front of him distracting the pitcher. Green is ok, but whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    business is shrewd, you prob get a real good prospect in return for him.
    Id replcae him with vargas for now until pedro comes back
    after the boos that will rain down on him at shea next time he pitches i think you will see him waive that NTC
    He was booed on his first start as a Met, he has been in MLB for 20+ years, he isn't going to be phased by getting booed. This guy was the WS MVP and is a future 300 game winner, he has pretty thick skin.

Who is going to give up a good prospect for a one year rental, especially in the AL, where Glavine has gotten SHELLED his last two outings.

He was booed on his first start as a Met, he has been in MLB for 20+ years, he isn't going to be phased by getting booed. This guy was the WS MVP and is a future 300 game winner, he has pretty thick skin.
    Hopefully soon..............

All Pro

Who is going to give up a good prospect for a one year rental, especially in the AL, where Glavine has gotten SHELLED his last two outings.
    someone will give up a good prospect for him at the deadline, SP is hard to come by lately at the deadline

I didnt really mean the boos would make him wanna leave

I hope he never gets that 300th win, but due to the fact of me being a Met fan i guess i do

what i bolded in your quote is the reason he must go, this year for the Mets is WS or bust in my eyes, it is not a succesful season if we dont go to the Series, last year was a success, 05 was a succes as we have built up to this season, if Glavine cant beat an elite AL team we have no use for him. If you can trade him now get somethin back and rid this team of an Atlanta Brave, it would seem a lil odd to most people a team in the race trading a SP, but it would be a brilliant move cause he just doesnt fit the plans

who knows, you could probably throw him in along with Milledge and Pelfrey in a Zambrano trade...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    who knows, you could probably throw him in along with Milledge and Pelfrey in a Zambrano trade...
    MAkes sense for the Cubs, if they are out of the race and dumping their best pitcher what would suit their needs more than a 41 year old FA to be!

MAkes sense for the Cubs, if they are out of the race and dumping their best pitcher what would suit their needs more than a 41 year old FA to be!
    Well, keep in mind I was just saying tossing in Glavine as an extra in the deal - obviously they are getting two prime prospects - Milledge and Pelfrey - for their best pitcher who will be gone after the season anyway. They can get some fanfare in the process, adding Glavine who gets to win #300 in a Cubs uniform.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Well, keep in mind I was just saying tossing in Glavine as an extra in the deal - obviously they are getting two prime prospects - Milledge and Pelfrey - for their best pitcher who will be gone after the season anyway. They can get some fanfare in the process, adding Glavine who gets to win #300 in a Cubs uniform.
    Milledge and Pelfrey for a rental? No thanks. Glavine wouldn't accept a trade to a team that has no shot at winning.

Milledge and Pelfrey for a rental?
    Adding Zambrano to our rotation would help our team out a lot in getting to and winning the WS. And obviously Omar would try his hardest to get him signed to a long-term deal before he hits FA.

Veteran
    Milledge and Pelfrey for a rental? No thanks. Glavine wouldn't accept a trade to a team that has no shot at winning.
    Agreed. I think the only 2 teams that Glavine would accept a trade to would be Boston (because he is from up there) or Atl. The last thing Boston needs is more Starting Pitching and we would never trade with Atlanta. But it doesn't really matter because wheter we should or not we won't look to trade him.

All League
    While you don't panic the Mets have to do something major to wake up this team. When the Yanks signed Clemens a lot of Met fans saw it as a sham. Not me, I saw it as George S. being proactive rather than sitting back and hoping the machine will fix itself. In the begining of the season I remember posting against Omar adding old players and was suspect of out pitching staff.
    Unfotunatly we find ourselves in the exact same position the Yanks were in.
    Do we sit back and do nothing?? I for one hope not.
    What do I want them to do?? I am not the GM nor do I get paid to figure this out. As a fan I say "Omar get out there and do something" and I don't mean bringing in a Ricky Lede (spelling?)...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    While you don't panic the Mets have to do something major to wake up this team. When the Yanks signed Clemens a lot of Met fans saw it as a sham. Not me, I saw it as George S. being proactive rather than sitting back and hoping the machine will fix itself. In the begining of the season I remember posting against Omar adding old players and was suspect of out pitching staff.
    Unfotunatly we find ourselves in the exact same position the Yanks were in.
    Do we sit back and do nothing?? I for one hope not.
    What do I want them to do?? I am not the GM nor do I get paid to figure this out. As a fan I say "Omar get out there and do something" and I don't mean bringing in a Ricky Lede (spelling?)...
    The Mets don't need to do anything major. They just need their team to start playing up to their capabilities and get healthy. Namely, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Aaron Heilman, Tom Glavine, Pedro and Moises Alou.

All League
    The Mets don't need to do anything major. They just need their team to start playing up to their capabilities and get healthy. Namely, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Aaron Heilman, Tom Glavine, Pedro and Moises Alou.
    Wouldn't expect anything else from you...

Thank You, Omar