Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Milan reveals their top target

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Milan reveals their top target

    Samuel Eto'o.

    Eto'o revealed as AC Milan's top target

    ROME, June 18 (Reuters) - AC Milan's number one target in the closed-season transfer market is Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, the Serie A club's vice-president said on Monday.

    'Our primary objective for next season is Eto'o, and if the economic conditions are right we will get him, otherwise we'll stick with the team that won the Champions League plus Ronaldo,' Adriano Galliani was quoted as saying on Milan's website.
    Asked for his opinion on comments made last week by Milan president Silvio Berlusconi, who said he would like to see Andriy Shevchenko return from Chelsea, Galliani replied: 'The president and I have always been in agreement over the last 30 years.
    'We are in constant contact. Who knows? Anything can happen'.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milano,Italia
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milan steals the player of Cagliari, David Suazo, at Inter. I hope they will pay for this move.

    I hope that we will avenge ourselves stealing Eto'o to them

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Samuel Eto'o.
    pauliec, I have a question for you. Being of Italian decent myself, I was wondering about you. If Italy was playing the USA for the World Cup, who are you going for?

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milano,Italia
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the news from eurosprt:

    Serie A - Milan beat Inter to Suazo signing

    Eurosport - Tue, 19 Jun 11:27:00 2007

    Serie A - Milan have beaten off competition from Internazionale to sign Honduran striker David Suazo from Cagliari.


    The 27-year-old was widely tipped to move to the Inter during the summer after undergoing a medical with the Serie A champions, Milan moved quickly to strike a deal reportedly worth 14 million euros.

    "Honduran striker David Suazo will wear the Milan colours next season," Milan's announced on their official website.

    "The transfer from Cagliari to the Rossoneri went ahead after negotiations during the night."

    Suazo was this year named best foreign player in Serie A alongside Milan playmaker Kaka, and bagged 14 goals to help the Rossoblu avoid the drop.


  5. #5
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    pauliec, I have a question for you. Being of Italian decent myself, I was wondering about you. If Italy was playing the USA for the World Cup, who are you going for?

    For the championship? That's a good question. I rooted hardcore for Italy last year because USA wasn't much of a factor. But if USA was playing Italy in the final, I'd have to root for USA. That would be amazing for US soccer.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Licurgo
    Here is the news from eurosprt:

    Serie A - Milan beat Inter to Suazo signing

    Eurosport - Tue, 19 Jun 11:27:00 2007

    Serie A - Milan have beaten off competition from Internazionale to sign Honduran striker David Suazo from Cagliari.


    The 27-year-old was widely tipped to move to the Inter during the summer after undergoing a medical with the Serie A champions, Milan moved quickly to strike a deal reportedly worth 14 million euros.

    "Honduran striker David Suazo will wear the Milan colours next season," Milan's announced on their official website.

    "The transfer from Cagliari to the Rossoneri went ahead after negotiations during the night."

    Suazo was this year named best foreign player in Serie A alongside Milan playmaker Kaka, and bagged 14 goals to help the Rossoblu avoid the drop.


    haha, awesome

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    For the championship? That's a good question. I rooted hardcore for Italy last year because USA wasn't much of a factor. But if USA was playing Italy in the final, I'd have to root for USA. That would be amazing for US soccer.
    Good for you pauliec...I was hoping you would say that...Italy would be my second choice as I was going for Italy last year as well.

    I'm not a soccer expert by know means, so what I'm about to say probably will qualify that, but one of the best teams I ever saw (saw a couple of games live) were the NY Cosmos...my God, what a group of players...famous players to play for the club included Carlos Alberto, Ramón Mifflin, Franz Beckenbauer, Vladislav Bogićević, Giorgio Chinaglia, Rick Davis, Marinho Chagas, Andranik Eskandarian, Johan Neeskens, Werner Roth, Julio Cesar Romero, Roberto Cabanas, Carlos Carlos, Shep Messing, Jomo Sono (who later named his own soccer club in South Africa the Jomo Cosmos) and most notably Pelé. It was an exciting team to watch and root for.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    Good for you pauliec...I was hoping you would say that...Italy would be my second choice as I was going for Italy last year as well.

    I'm not a soccer expert by know means, so what I'm about to say probably will qualify that, but one of the best teams I ever saw (saw a couple of games live) were the NY Cosmos...my God, what a group of players...famous players to play for the club included Carlos Alberto, Ramón Mifflin, Franz Beckenbauer, Vladislav Bogićević, Giorgio Chinaglia, Rick Davis, Marinho Chagas, Andranik Eskandarian, Johan Neeskens, Werner Roth, Julio Cesar Romero, Roberto Cabanas, Carlos Carlos, Shep Messing, Jomo Sono (who later named his own soccer club in South Africa the Jomo Cosmos) and most notably Pelé. It was an exciting team to watch and root for.
    have you seen "Once in a Liftetime" stalker?..its a documentary that was released last year about the cosmos...if you havent, i'd highly recommend it...

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0489247/

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    Good for you pauliec...I was hoping you would say that...Italy would be my second choice as I was going for Italy last year as well.

    I'm not a soccer expert by know means, so what I'm about to say probably will qualify that, but one of the best teams I ever saw (saw a couple of games live) were the NY Cosmos...my God, what a group of players...famous players to play for the club included Carlos Alberto, Ramón Mifflin, Franz Beckenbauer, Vladislav Bogićević, Giorgio Chinaglia, Rick Davis, Marinho Chagas, Andranik Eskandarian, Johan Neeskens, Werner Roth, Julio Cesar Romero, Roberto Cabanas, Carlos Carlos, Shep Messing, Jomo Sono (who later named his own soccer club in South Africa the Jomo Cosmos) and most notably Pelé. It was an exciting team to watch and root for.

    I agree with deadringer. If you can find a copy of Once in a Lifetime, definitely watch it.

    My dad and his brothers used ot go to Cosmos games all the time (this was right around the time when they graduated college). My uncle was a goalkeeper and a midfielder on his college soccer team and was probably their best player. The Cosmos invited him to try out with them once he graduated, but my grandparents wouldn't let him go.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I'll have to pick up a copy of that.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once Ronaldhino is available, Milan will jump all over him and Real Madrid is DESPERATE for KAKA but Milan won't budge on that front.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Shevshinko go back to Milan. I would like to see Saloman Kalou take over his striker position.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us