Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Eric Gagne

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934

    Eric Gagne

    People are talking about this guy getting traded. I think the Yanks should go after him. They need a set up guy for Mo and this guy would be a nice successor since we all know Mo is not gonna play for ever.

    So I have 2 questions:

    does anyone else think this is a good idea? If not why?

    What do you guys think the chances are that the Yanks will go after this guy?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH
    People are talking about this guy getting traded. I think the Yanks should go after him. They need a set up guy for Mo and this guy would be a nice successor since we all know Mo is not gonna play for ever.

    So I have 2 questions:

    does anyone else think this is a good idea? If not why?

    What do you guys think the chances are that the Yanks will go after this guy?
    If he can pass a physical, I'd take him if the price was right.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    This is the guy the Yankees need to get. I dont see it happening though.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    I would definitely do it. Set up man is of great need to us right now.

  5. #5
    He has a no-trade clause and my guess is he wouldn't waive it to setup somewhere. But you never know. He would be pricey prospect-wise I would think.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    He has a no-trade clause and my guess is he wouldn't waive it to setup somewhere. But you never know. He would be pricey prospect-wise I would think.
    Exactly. Eric Gagne is not waiving his no trade clause to be a Set-up Man. That pretty much rules out the Mets and/or Yankees.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Exactly. Eric Gagne is not waiving his no trade clause to be a Set-up Man. That pretty much rules out the Mets and/or Yankees.

    from foxsports ken rosenthal

    The Yankees, Mets and Angels are among the clubs that can obtain Gagne without his permission, FOXSports.com has learned

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    from foxsports ken rosenthal
    If thats the case id go after this guy in a heartbeat. What would they want in return? Young pitching prospects?

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    as long as it's not Phil Hughes I say get it done!!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    from foxsports ken rosenthal
    Well, then that certatinly changes things. I was under the impression his No Trade Clause was complete.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us