Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul excluded in Iowa

[QUOTE=Warfish]And lets not pretend that Pauls support is anything other than what it is: Liberals trying to manipulate the Republican Party. Paul is not supported by Republicans (the party he is running for), he is supported by Liberals. All the online polls, the call-in's and the rest are all LIBERALS showing their support, not Republicans.

You should know that such a ruse is easy to see. I thought you were smarter than that.[/QUOTE]

Ron Paul is not a liberal. He's a low-tax, low-spend, reduce-entitlements, small-government Republican.

People like him used to make up a decent % of that party. Not sure what happened.

[QUOTE=Warfish]And lets not pretend that Pauls support is anything other than what it is: Liberals trying to manipulate the Republican Party. Paul is not supported by Republicans (the party he is running for), he is supported by Liberals. All the online polls, the call-in's and the rest are all LIBERALS showing their support, not Republicans.

You should know that such a ruse is easy to see. I thought you were smarter than that.[/QUOTE]
    libs can't officially vote for him

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]libs can't officially vote for him[/QUOTE]

No one can, as yet.

When the Primaries come round, and real votes are cast (and in some primaries, anyone of any party can vote, not just registered Republicans), we will see how Paul does. I am betting it won't be very good, but who knows.

Point being, much of the verbal grass-roots support for Paul reflected in polls and the media is liberal-based, not Republican based. His support among Republicans is quite low at present, so his exclusion is not a suprise. Although I agree that 3rd tier guys like Gilmour also should have been excluded.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Ron Paul is not a liberal. He's a low-tax, low-spend, reduce-entitlements, small-government Republican.

People like him used to make up a decent % of that party. Not sure what happened.[/QUOTE]

One could say the same thing for the Democrats, on a variety of issues.

The changing of the two parties to the far-side extremes they reside at now (and oft times the bad-for-America ideas they seem to share and agree on) is one of the most overlooked and underdiscussed problems with America today, as I see it.

[QUOTE=Warfish]No one can, as yet.

When the Primaries come round, and real votes are cast (and in some primaries, anyone of any party can vote, not just registered Republicans), we will see how Paul does. I am betting it won't be very good, but who knows.

Point being, much of the verbal grass-roots support for Paul reflected in polls and the media is liberal-based, not Republican based. His support among Republicans is quite low at present, so his exclusion is not a suprise. Although I agree that 3rd tier guys like Gilmour also should have been excluded.[/QUOTE]
    I wasnít aware that non-registered voters of a certain party could vote in said primary in certain states. Do you know of any states that allow this?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I wasnít aware that non-registered voters of a certain party could vote in said primary in certain states. Do you know of any states that allow this?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to research it (and honestly I'm not up for it today) but my understanding is that some States have "open primaries" where any registered voter can come and vote in the Primary.

Who knows, it may have been changed in recent years, but I kno wthis was once the case.

[QUOTE=Warfish]One could say the same thing for the Democrats, on a variety of issues.

The changing of the two parties to the far-side extremes they reside at now (and oft times the bad-for-America ideas they seem to share and agree on) is one of the most overlooked and underdiscussed problems with America today, as I see it.[/QUOTE]

Do you really see a shift to the left for Democrats? I know the antiwar segment has a loud voice these days, but none of the major candidates are in favor of a total withdrawl of troops, with the exception of maybe John Edwards. Hillary Clinton --the frontrunner-- is a centrist hawk, basically. And, in the last election they ran conservative candidates like Jim Webb and Bob Casey.

I do see a rightward shift on the Republican side, and I wouldn't pretend that the Democrats don't have some bad ideas, too. They do. But the GOP has moved a lot further right than the Dems have moved left.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Thanks for proving my point.[/QUOTE]

?

i could care less if i proved some obscure "point" of yours
    advertently or inadvertently...whatever it was

if you read my post again...

rupaul does not distance himself from truther freaks
    as shown in the video...
    they make up a good portion of his following

hes also often found on alex jones and the like
    so hes taking support from whatever fringe kooks he
    can-suckers!

when pressed by the freaks, he dodders on vaguely...watch
    your folk hero in action:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/v/SW4DgZH8PJM"]http://www.[b]youtube[/b].com/v/SW4DgZH8PJM[/url]

Paul: [b]Well, I never automatically trust anything the government does when they do an investigation because too often I think thereís an area that the government covered up, whether itís the Kennedy assassination or whatever.[/b]

9/11 truthers are merely a subset of Blame American Firsters-they are
    all stupid, obnoxious, and obsequious

heres another of your anti-hero fretting like a whiny lib
    about us kicking iran to the curb, as we should have
    long, long ago...
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8MIENVtKw&eurl"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8MIENVtKw&eurl[/url]=

unlike the libtards in this fair forum
    im a registered goper
    if i dont like a candidate or the party they wont get my vote
    that includes rinos, isolationists and those obsessed
    with early 20th century monetary policy and
    giving wet backs free towels and more

if i could vote to expel this nut job from the party i would

[QUOTE=flushingjet]?

unlike the libtards in this fair forum
    im a registered goper
    if i dont like a candidate or the party they wont get my vote
    that includes rinos, isolationists and those obsessed
    with early 20th century monetary policy and
    giving wet backs free towels and more

if i could vote to expel this nut job from the party i would[/QUOTE]

Don't worry: People like you have essentially expelled all of the small-government, libertarian Republicans from your party already, through rhetoric like yours and your support of the actions of your hero, George W. Bush, the most profligate spender and incompetent/activist commander in chief in our nation's history.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=cr726]Paul is a blame America firster? Isn't this getting old? If you don't agree you are unpatriotic.
    Paul makes valid points about what is going on in the world. You can't do whatever you want in the world and not expect some type of response. How is that blaming America? That is acting like a responsible adult.

It is getting old quick. Why can't people believe that we as a country try to what is good for the world and sometimes we are WRONG. Is that blaming America first if you actually take responsibility for something that went wrong?

Admitting fault is not a sign of weakness, it is being a responsible person/country.[/QUOTE]

no, the only thing old is your defense of the indefensible.

rupaul's points are not valid, because they assign no
    blame to the ones who deserve the blame for most trouble
    the world over-the xenophobic, sociopathic, psychopathic
    islamokazis. tell me more about their peaceful ways
    and how they spread love tolerance fight disease and
    educate and feed the world

do whatever we want, hmm

i get it...we need the permission of the anti-American,
    anti-Semitic un, msm and small-d democratic party

those days are over

Please call Rush, he is the only one who would actually listen to you.

[QUOTE=flushingjet]no, the only thing old is your defense of the indefensible.

rupaul's points are not valid, because they assign no
    blame to the ones who deserve the blame for most trouble
    the world over-the xenophobic, sociopathic, psychopathic
    islamokazis. tell me more about their peaceful ways
    and how they spread love tolerance fight disease and
    educate and feed the world

do whatever we want, hmm

i get it...we need the permission of the anti-American,
    anti-Semitic un, msm and small-d democratic party

those days are over[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Do you really see a shift to the left for Democrats? I know the antiwar segment has a loud voice these days, but none of the major candidates are in favor of a total withdrawl of troops, with the exception of maybe John Edwards. Hillary Clinton --the frontrunner-- is a centrist hawk, basically. And, in the last election they ran conservative candidates like Jim Webb and Bob Casey.

I do see a rightward shift on the Republican side, and I wouldn't pretend that the Democrats don't have some bad ideas, too. They do. But the GOP has moved a lot further right than the Dems have moved left.[/QUOTE]

I am not suprised you would think this. You are (based on posting) a rather dedicated Liberal-viewpoint guy, and as such you fail to see their shift to the hard left as severely as you do the rights to the hard hard.

But yes, I do see a strong shift to both the left and right by teh Major parties.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Don't worry: People like you have essentially expelled all of the small-government, libertarian Republicans from your party already, through rhetoric like yours and your support of the actions of your hero, George W. Bush, the most profligate spender and incompetent/activist commander in chief in our nation's history.[/QUOTE]

oold fagola, cry me a river....

let the libertarians start their own party and
    build up a electoral base
    oops they already did...howd that work out?

just like a whiny lib* to change the subject to w
    hes won his last election, hes on the way out...

i got no issues with w except for immigration
    as long as spending keeps us out of recession its a-OK by me

incompetence, thats a hot one...same old lib* meme
    libs spent us into bankruptcy with super high tax & interest rates
    stagflation and gave us a laughingstock of a
    military...never heard a peep from our left wing
    "patriots" then

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=cr726]Please call Rush, he is the only one who would actually listen to you.[/QUOTE]

insufferable gay schmuck says what?

[QUOTE=flushingjet]oold fagola, cry me a river....

let the libertarians start their own party and
    build up a electoral base
    oops they already did...howd that work out?

just like a whiny lib* to change the subject to w
    hes won his last election, hes on the way out...

i got no issues with w except for immigration
    as long as spending keeps us out of recession its a-OK by me

incompetence, thats a hot one...same old lib* meme
    libs spent us into bankruptcy with super high tax & interest rates
    stagflation and gave us a laughingstock of a
    military...never heard a peep from our left wing
    "patriots" then[/QUOTE]

I missed the point in the last 60 years when the U.S. military was a laughing stock. When was that?

And, as for spending us into bankruptcy, the names of the two biggest spenders in U.S. history are Bush and Reagan. You may remember Bill Clinton as the guy that balanced the budget and oversaw one of the most robust periods of job, wage and stock market growth in U.S. history.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]I missed the point in the last 60 years when the U.S. military was a laughing stock...[/QUOTE]

That one kinda befuddles me too. Maybe it's because of my choice of smokable tobacco, but it really made no sense.

[QUOTE=flushingjet]insufferable gay schmuck says what?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/George_Michael.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]Oh Flushing, you have aged well over the years. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Iowans for Tax Relief can invite whomever they damn well please to invite, no? This is still a free country, right? Maybe they (gasp!) think some of Paul's fiscal policies (tariffs, huge raises in consumption and property taxes, etc) are not sensible...or maybe they (shock) have limited time for speakers and don't want to invite all declared candidates, especially fringe ones with absolutely no chance at winning or even being on the ticket as veep, like Paul?

Paul has done well in online polls [I]only[/I], mostly because these polls are laughably unscientific and people can vote as many times as they want, and his supporters are clearly stuffing the ballots, so to speak.

[B]Do you guys have anything more than tinfoil-hat "corporations are evil!" nonsense to spew[/B]? Seriously, what are you guys, 21 years old and only a week removed from your first exposure to Chomsky or Zinn?[/QUOTE]

"corporations do not run our country"......brought to you by the same people who believe in............

[IMG]http://www.goldenpalace.com/news/es/images/santa_clause.jpg[/IMG]

and

[IMG]http://www.maryholidays.com/easter/easter-blue-bunny-carrot.jpg[/IMG]
    and
    [IMG]http://www.fairylandmagic.com/books/dear_tooth_fairy.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Warfish]I am not suprised you would think this. You are (based on posting) a rather dedicated Liberal-viewpoint guy, and as such you fail to see their shift to the hard left as severely as you do the rights to the hard hard.

But yes, I do see a strong shift to both the left and right by teh Major parties.[/QUOTE]

Which issues do you see this on? Not arguing, just curious, as I really haven't noticed such a shift from a policy perspective and don't see it manifested in the current frontrunners, with the possible exception of Edwards who is positioning himself as the far-left entry this time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola]Which issues do you see this on? Not arguing, just curious, as I really haven't noticed such a shift from a policy perspective.[/QUOTE]

I see it in every issue. Every one. Social Issues, Economic Issues, Defense Issues.

There isn't a single issue I can think of where the Far Left doesn't have more of a voice, and get vastly more support and airtime, than they used to.

If you cannot see it, in all honesty, anything I post will ring hollow to your ears anyway. You will not see it, as you do not see it now. And we'll go round an' round like usual, accomplishing nothing.