Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Reason For Global Warming!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Real Reason For Global Warming!

I believe this theory is highly possible, but I am very weak in Aastrophysics.

[url]http://curezone.com/blogs/m.asp?f=1207&i=2[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's kind of funny that we don't hear about the planetary warming on Saturn which has been taking place. The temperature there has apparently been increasing slowly for several decades yet they have no cars, no factories, and no Al Gore.....it's just a natural planetary process. But I still think we should send Madam Speaker of The House to Saturn in order to tax their oil companies! :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The author is a cook, sorry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling, and recent study shows that it might coincide with sun spot activity (which has been more active in the last 100 years than it has before). Humans do contribute some to global warming with pollution, but I don't believe that we are the main cause of what we are seeing now. It's a natural cycle IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    If Al Gore wants to be president of Saturn, or any other planet in our solar system, he has my vote.

When does he leave?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rbstern]If Al Gore wants to be president of Saturn, or any other planet in our solar system, he has my vote.

[b]When does he leave?[/b] [/QUOTE]

lol

He'll get my vote too.:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of you that use these opportunities to nonchalantly downplay the fact of global warming are probably the same people that look at a transition fossil in a Geology textbook, the significance of which is discussed by a Ph.D. in the field, and say "Hey! It looks like a BIRD to me! **** evolution!"

If you don't understand it, it must be false, right? Yeah! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 06-22-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! The planet goes thru cycles of warming. The thing is from ice cores drilled at the poles it shows the history of the speed of the warming. It the billions of years the Earth has never has warmed any where close to the present
    warming cycle. :eek:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=like2god]The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling, and recent study shows that it might coincide with sun spot activity (which has been more active in the last 100 years than it has before). Humans do contribute some to global warming with pollution, but I don't believe that we are the main cause of what we are seeing now. It's a natural cycle IMO.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, the question is not why. The question is WHY NOT. Why not support a clean planet? Why not preserve the planet for future generations and support a green Earth? It's not wrong or sissy or liberal (which I am not) to believe in these things. People get hung up on Global Warming, but that should not be the only reason to support the environment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat]Regardless, the question is not why. The question is WHY NOT. Why not support a clean planet? Why not preserve the planet for future generations and support a green Earth? It's not wrong or sissy or liberal (which I am not) to believe in these things. People get hung up on Global Warming, but that should not be the only reason to support the environment.[/QUOTE]

That is a great point!

I remember the first time I really noticed the pollution here in Houston. It was when I was in high school and we went out to a park outside the city and you could see a line across the sky that was grey. Ever since then I was more aware of how bad the air was. It has only gotten worse here. The sky rarely looks a deep blue. It always seems washed out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat]Regardless, the question is not why. The question is WHY NOT. Why not support a clean planet? Why not preserve the planet for future generations and support a green Earth? It's not wrong or sissy or liberal (which I am not) to believe in these things. People get hung up on Global Warming, but that should not be the only reason to support the environment.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. I support clean burning fuels, alt energy, and conservation I just hate when people have to invent a cause-effect in order to scare everyone about it. I mean I could say that at the rate we're killing trees and perpetuating deforestation the planet will not have enough trees to consume CO2 and create oxygen in 100 years...thus (drum roll please) start taxing the toilet paper companies IMMEDIATELY!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat]Regardless, the question is not why. The [b]question is WHY NOT. Why not support a clean planet? [/b]Why not preserve the planet for future generations and support a green Earth? It's not wrong or sissy or liberal (which I am not) to believe in these things. People get hung up on Global Warming, but that should not be the only reason to support the environment.[/QUOTE]I never said that I didn't. I'm just going on the research that I've read in the last year or so. Sun spot activity is more active now than it has ever been and scientists think that might be one cause for global warming. That's all I said, bro.

But if you're talking about wanting to send Al Gore to Saturn............lol.

The guy talks out of both sides of his mouth. His family owns a zinc mine that is polluting the surrounding area, Gore and his uncle (I believe) flaunted environmental laws to develop Swallow Bluff Island into a 20 unit condo community with it's own private airstrip. In doing so, they bulldozed the land and clogged parts of the Tennessee river and desecrated an indian burial site.

Send him to Saturn, I say. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]It's kind of funny that we don't hear about the planetary warming on Saturn which has been taking place. The temperature there has apparently been increasing slowly for several decades yet they have no cars, no factories, and no Al Gore.....it's just a natural planetary process. But I still think we should send Madam Speaker of The House to Saturn in order to tax their oil companies! :P[/QUOTE]

global warming has been actively taking place in just about every planet in our solar system.....google "global warming on mars" and see what you find...

big sun....warmer planets....who woulda thunk it???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God I have a bunch of Jets fans to tell me that global warming isn't a real problem. All of those peer-reviewed scientific studies had me concerned, but the postings of a bunch of strangers on the Internet is a much more reliable basis for my decision.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew that!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer][B]Thank God I have a bunch of Jets fans to tell me that global warming isn't a real problem.[/B] All of those peer-reviewed scientific studies had me concerned, but the postings of a bunch of strangers on the Internet is a much more reliable basis for my decision.[/QUOTE]

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Exactly. Damn, sometimes it scares me when a bunch of these guys post one after another in this way re: global warming (it happens FREQUENTLY regarding this topic on this messageboard, unfortunately).

Nice to see a post like yours though. It gives me hope that this perspective is not lost on all fellow Jets fans who frequent this messageboard :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer]Thank God I have a bunch of Jets fans to tell me that global warming isn't a real problem. All of those peer-reviewed scientific studies had me concerned, but the postings of a bunch of strangers on the Internet is a much more reliable basis for my decision.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that there are just as many scientists saying this is a natural, benign process as there are scientists telling us to ban automobiles. It all depends on who you choose to listen to. And most people siding one-way typically have a certain political affiliation. For example, I don't know you obviously and you're citing scientists for your belief but I'd just hazard a wild guess that you're a Democrat! I have no idea but it's just a guess. If I turn out to be right it might lead me to believe that there is more than just "peer-reviewed science" behind your opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer]Thank God I have a bunch of Jets fans to tell me that global warming isn't a real problem. All of those peer-reviewed scientific studies had me concerned, but the postings of a bunch of strangers on the Internet is a much more reliable basis for my decision.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the heat can escape through the holes in the Ozone

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kellypkjoe]It the billions of years the Earth has never has warmed any where close to the present
    warming cycle. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Wrong....

Ten thousand years ago, while the world was coming out of the thousand year long "Younger Dryas" cold episode, temperatures rose as much as 6C in a decade -- 100 times faster than the past century's 0.6C warming that has so upset environmentalists.