Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The many failures of Nancee and friends....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The many failures of Nancee and friends....

strike up another one for the culture of hypocrisy!!

[QUOTE][B]Democrats promised way more than they've delivered so far
    Six months on, much ado over an unfinished agenda[/B]

By Jill Zuckman
    Washington Bureau

June 21, 2007, 7:11 PM CDT

WASHINGTON -- In the heat of their successful campaign last year to retake the House and Senate, Democrats made voters promise after promise.

They promised to end the war in Iraq. They promised to expand federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. They promised to lower prescription drug prices for seniors and raise the minimum wage.

But six months after taking over Congress, Democrats find they have accomplished little of their agenda. Perhaps not coincidentally, Congress' job approval rating has reached a dramatic low, tumbling 13 points since February to 24 percent, according to the Gallup Poll.

Republicans, damaged by a faltering war in Iraq, corruption scandals and a politically weakened President Bush, happily cite such figures to argue that the Democrats are incapable of governing. "The American people are smart enough to know when they've been had," said Ken Spain, spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee, which seeks to elect Republicans to the House.

Democrats are scrambling to find a way to explain to voters, and themselves, why they have accomplished just one of their heralded objectives - raising the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 an hour. The high-profile failure to strike agreement on immigration reform has added to the public's discontent, and on Thursday the Senate was struggling to rescue a much-touted energy bill.

If they can't reverse the trend, some Democrats are starting to worry, their majority could be short-lived. This week, Assistant Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) reviewed the grim polling data for his Democratic colleagues during a senators-only lunch. Similarly, House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.) shared his view of the polls in a closed-door meeting with Democratic representatives.

Durbin's explanation for the Democrats' plight is that Republicans, in Congress and the White House, are blocking Democrats at every turn. And without bigger majorities in Congress—and perhaps the presidency as well—there is little they can do.

Democrats, after all, count on a slim 51-49 advantage in the Senate and a 15-vote majority in the House. Just this week, Bush highlighted Democratic frustrations by vetoing a stem cell research bill that had passed both houses by comfortable—though not veto-proof—majorities.

"For many people on the outside, they were expecting dramatic change," said Durbin. "Unfortunately, we don't have a dramatic majority."

While there is still time for the Democrats to push through additional measures, it will only get harder as the months drag on and the presidential campaign heats up even further.

Many voters in particular hoped a new Congress would make substantial changes in the Iraq war and begin bringing American troops home. Congress' inability to do that so far may be the biggest factor in the public's disenchantment.

Each month, the Gallup poll asks voters what should be the highest priority for the president and Congress. More than 70 percent cite the war.

"There has been no meaningful action on Iraq. And that's what people want," said Frank Newport, editor-in-chief of the non-partisan Gallup poll.

Despite months of tough talk on the House and Senate floors, Democrats have achieved little on the war other than giving the president additional billions to fund it. Durbin called the polling data troubling, and said Democrats need to show voters they are trying hard to effect change.

"We have to let them know we have done everything in our power to bring the troops home and have run into a roadblock with the Republicans in Congress and the Bush White House," Durbin said.

In addition to his stem cell veto, Bush also has rejected a bill to tie war funding to a requirement that he begin withdrawing troops as early as July. Again, Democrats did not have the votes to override.

Republicans also blocked Democratic efforts in the Senate to require that Medicare negotiate with drug companies to provide lower cost prescriptions for senior citizens.

To Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the polls are proof that the Democrats have failed.

"The Democrats were given an opportunity to see what they could do, and they aren't making good use of that opportunity," Ensign said. "They railed on us for not working across party lines, but they're trying to ramrod things down the minority's throat."

Democrats say they must convince voters that what they need is more Democrats. The Senate, in particular, requires 60 votes to get anything of importance accomplished, and the Democrats are short by nine votes.

"In the next election, people will judge whether they want a return to the Bush agenda or more troops to help us fight our battles," Durbin said.

Emanuel insisted the Democrats are better positioned than Republicans for 2008 because they are on the right side of many issues and the public will see they are working to make progress. In addition to efforts to end the Iraq war, Emanuel cited the minimum wage hike and House passage of large increases in veterans' health funds and college education assistance.

Emanuel also pointed out that 72 percent of people think the country is headed in the wrong direction and the president's approval rating is only marginally better than that of Congress. That means voters are broadly unhappy with the country's course, Emanuel said, not mad at congressional Democrats in particular.

Republicans mocked such explanations, saying they echoed their own rationalizations before last November's rout.

"Wow, does that sound like the Republican leadership last year or what?" marveled David Winston, a Republican pollster. "When you have a general mood that Congress isn't doing well, whoever is in the leadership position pays a price for it."

But Geoff Garin, a Democratic pollster, said it is more important to measure where Democrats stand versus Republicans than to look at the Democrats' job approval in a vacuum or count the number of bills that get signed into law. "Voters are smart enough to know that Democrats can't do it by themselves," Garin said. "They like the Republicans even less."

Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) said he believes that voters are just plain mad - about high gasoline prices, the lack of border security and the Iraq war.

"I don't know if it would be different if we were in the majority," said LaHood. "We didn't deal with immigration reform, we've continued to go along with what the president wanted on the Iraq war, which is what the Democratic majority has had to do, and when we were in the majority we didn't bring down gasoline prices."

Congress, he said, is an easy target for an impatient public.

"I think the American public is mad at all of us," said LaHood, "Republicans and Democrats."

[email]jzuckman@tribune.com[/email] [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-070621dems,1,1389176,print.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true[/url]

I couldn't agree more.

[QUOTE]"I think the American public is mad at all of us," said LaHood, "Republicans and Democrats."[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    I think I finally get it....CBTNY thinks Liberals are hypocrites...

sounds like a perfect opportunity for Bloomberg to come in and steal the white house

[I]Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) said he believes that voters are just plain mad - about high gasoline prices, the lack of border security and the Iraq war.

"I don't know if it would be different if we were in the majority," said LaHood. "We didn't deal with immigration reform, we've continued to go along with what the president wanted on the Iraq war, which is what the Democratic majority has had to do, and when we were in the majority we didn't bring down gasoline prices."

"[B]I think the American public is mad at all of us," said LaHood, "Republicans and Democrats."[/B][/I]

You see, [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] is on a smear campaign against all democrats. His only goal is to find material to prove his point. He is not interested in actually learning or understanding different view points. That is why every article is negative towards one party.

This mentality is actually counter-productive to democracy as it stifles honest debate. How? Because no group of people, regardless of affiliation, is ALWAYS correct. By polarizing people to choose one party or the other, you divide a country. That is something that his hero, W, excels at.

So [B]Come Back To Earth[/B] will continue his quest to find articles that back his point only, thus taking a myopic and ignorant view on important issues. He is the PatsfanTX of the political board.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-23-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan][I]Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) said he believes that voters are just plain mad - about high gasoline prices, the lack of border security and the Iraq war.

"[B]I think the American public is mad at all of us," said LaHood, "Republicans and Democrats."[/B][/I]

You see, [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] is on a smear campaign against all democrats. His only goal is to find material to prove his point. He is not interested in actually learning or understanding different view points. That is why every article is negative towards one party.

This mentality is actually counter-productive to democracy as it stifles honest debate. How? Because no group of people, regardless of affiliation, is ALWAYS correct. By polarizing people to choose one party or the other, you divide a country. That is something that his hero, W, excels at.

So [B]Come Back To Earth[/B] will continue his quest to find articles that back his point only, thus taking a myopic and ignorant view on important issues. He is the PatsfanTX of the political board.[/QUOTE]

Being a leftist [B]IgnroantJetsFan[/B] shows what a complete hypocrite he is...what [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] no Fox News parody picture to copy and paste today???

[B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] is the exact type of lib who bought into the rats platform last November on how things would change and government would become more transparant....yet like with everything else from the left it was another lie so [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] again needs to change the topic rather than address the points at hand....he is the john edwards of the political forum...practice what I preach, not what I practice....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Being a leftist [B]IgnroantJetsFan[/B] shows what a complete hypocrite he is...what [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] no Fox News parody picture to copy and paste today???

[B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] [B]is the exact type of lib [/B] who bought into the rats platform last November on how things would change and government would become more transparant....[B]yet like with[B] everything else [/B] from the left it was another lie [/B][B] so [[/B]B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] again needs to change the topic rather than address the points at hand....he is the john edwards of the political forum...practice what I preach, not what I practice....[/QUOTE]

For todays lesson, [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] would like to demonstrate the art of stereotyping. The highlighted portions of his post represents a generalization made about an entire segment or group of people.

Educated people understand that blanket statements about a large segment of a population are almost always, historically inaccurate. For instance, many of the most racially insensitive comments throughout the civil rights movement centered around gross and offensive generalizations about a particular race or ethnicity.

[B]Come Back to Earth [/B] states in his post that I change the topic, but I think my response is very pertinent. If the content of his argument is inaccurate (grade school stereotyping) how can we take his biased opinion seriously?

In closing, we like to thank [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] for consistently providing reading material that is grossly inaccurate in order for us to understand what a stereotype or generalization is.

[I](on a personal note, I would like to thank [B]Come Back to Earth [/B] for disproving his own posts)[/I]
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-23-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]For todays lesson, [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] would like to demonstrate the art of stereotyping. The highlighted portions of his post represents a generalization made about an entire segment or group of people.

Educated people understand that blanket statements about a large segment of a population are almost always, historically inaccurate. For instance, many of the most racially insensitive comments throughout the civil rights movement centered around gross and offensive generalizations about a particular race or ethnicity.

[B]Come Back to Earth [/B] states in his post that I change the topic, but I think my response is very pertinent. If the content of his argument is inaccurate (grade school stereotyping) how can we take his biased opinion seriously?

In closing, we like to thank [B]Come Back To Earth [/B] for consistently providing reading material that is grossly inaccurate in order for us to understand what a stereotype or generalization is.

[I](on a personal note, I would like to thank [B]Come Back to Earth [/B] for disproving his own posts)[/I][/QUOTE]

once again [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] addressing the topic at hand with concrete facts, which he has provided, and consistency, as shown in his other posts on this forum.....

in classic leftist fashion [B]IgnorantJetsfan[/B] asks [I]"If the content of his argument is inaccurate (grade school stereotyping) how can we take his biased opinion seriously?"[/I]

...and as it is simple for all too see [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] has pointed out the inaccuracies of my arguement....

[I](on a personal note it is nice to see [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B], like most libs, cannot think for himself....rather resorts to hypocrisy and pulling things out of his ass)[/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]Educated people understand that blanket statements about a large segment of a population are almost always, historically inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

[B]Mexicans like to eat burritos.[/B]
    True.

[B]Black people can dance better than white people.[/B]
    True.

[B]Middle aged white men have been f*cking the world up for centuries.[/B]
    Also true.

[B]Turkish women are hairy.[/B]
    Assumed true.

[B]Chinese people look ridiculous riding a Harley.[/B]
    True?

[B]Jews are good lawyers.[/B]
    My Jewish lawyer is the best in the biz.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Not true.

True.

True.

Also true.

Assumed true.

True?

My Jewish lawyer is the best in the biz.[/QUOTE]

[B]Plumbers have butt-crack[/B]

A no brainer....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Not true.

True.

True.

Also true.

Assumed true.

True?

My Jewish lawyer is the best in the biz.[/QUOTE]

very funny post. However.......

All are false. For each stereotype I only have to find ONE person from each category to prove false.

Example; Every single Mexican likes to eat burritos? So in the entire country, there is not one soul who is not a big fan?

All black people dance better then white people? John Travolta can out dance a lot of people, black, white , brown, etc.

on and on......the point is that [B]Come Back to earth[/B] specializes in stereotypes and false statements. In fact, he has it down to a science.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]on and on......the point is that [B]Come Back to earth[/B] specializes in stereotypes and false statements. In fact, he has it down to a science.[/QUOTE]

while [B]IgnorantJetsFan[/B] specializes in not addressing the topic at hand and feebly trying to change the subject....then again when you have no answers, intelligent ones that is, there is limited course of action...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-23-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY][B]Plumbers have butt-crack[/B]

A no brainer....[/QUOTE]

Yes. My butt indeed does have a crack.

It is also obvious that your butt does not have a crack, as it is clearly filled in by your head and neck.

;)

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan][I]Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) said he believes that voters are just plain mad - about high gasoline prices, the lack of border security and the Iraq war.

So [B]Come Back To Earth[/B] will continue his quest to find articles that back his point only, thus taking a myopic and ignorant view on important issues. He is the PatsfanTX of the political board.[/QUOTE]

So, Jets fan, prove him wrong and tell us all what has been accomplished. All I seem to read about is Nancy Pelosi's incessant traveling and search for the root of global warming.

[QUOTE=Neil Diamond]So, Jets fan, prove him wrong and tell us all what has been accomplished. [B]All I seem to read about [/B] is Nancy Pelosi's incessant traveling and search for the root of global warming.[/QUOTE]

what you seem to read is from the mouth of the 'lap dog' media. The better question to ask is why the 'lap dog' media is focused on traveling and private planes instead of asking tough questions about the war? Here is why.......

[IMG]http://bendib.com/newones/2003/october/small/10-11-Clear-Channel.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]what you seem to read is from the mouth of the 'lap dog' media. The better question to ask is why the 'lap dog' media is focused on traveling and private planes instead of asking tough questions about the war? Here is why.......

[IMG]http://bendib.com/newones/2003/october/small/10-11-Clear-Channel.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

So you are saying that the media is conservative??? I as simply wondering ifyou could comment on what the senate has accomplished recently, besids blocking the immigratin bill...

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]what you seem to read is from the mouth of the 'lap dog' media. The better question to ask is why the 'lap dog' media is focused on traveling and private planes instead of asking tough questions about the war? Here is why.......

[IMG]http://bendib.com/newones/2003/october/small/10-11-Clear-Channel.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

How where you able to keep from being brain washed? Drugs, a tin foil hat, let us in on your secret to clear thinking.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]How where you able to keep from being brain washed? Drugs, a tin foil hat, let us in on your secret to clear thinking.[/QUOTE]

a Vietnam veteran who became one of the best professors I ever had. When I was in college I thought he was just grumpy and old in regards to our main stream media. I thought; "boy, he can't be right about the media control, there are 1000's of channels and countless media outlets". Of course, ignorance is bliss but he planted the seed for me.

Years later, and countless hours studying historical patterns, its clear to see what he was talking about.

So, to answer your question, the secret is a Vietnam veteran who became an incredible college professor.

[QUOTE=Neil Diamond]So you are saying that the media is conservative??? I as simply wondering ifyou could comment on what the senate has accomplished recently, besids blocking the immigratin bill...[/QUOTE]
    Shut up already, nitwit. You are not a conservative, you just play one on a messageboard. Get back in your multihandled sub.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan]a Vietnam veteran who became one of the best professors I ever had. When I was in college I thought he was just grumpy and old in regards to our main stream media. I thought; "boy, he can't be right about the media control, there are 1000's of channels and countless media outlets". Of course, ignorance is bliss but he planted the seed for me.

Years later, and countless hours studying historical patterns, its clear to see what he was talking about.

So, to answer your question, the secret is a Vietnam veteran who became an incredible college professor.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm screwed since I'm to old to have had a VN vet as a teacher.