Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans hate the troops

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Republicans hate the troops

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the necessary numbers to get the job done propperly.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the body armor and protection they need.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the remotest semblance of a plan or exit strategy.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war and then let the wounded and maimed rot away from neglect in places like Walter Reed Hospital.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war and then cut their pay and benefits.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Rosie O'Donnell. Republicans are the driving force of evil in the world. Oh, Nancy Pelosi, please save us from the impending apocalypse.

Jerkbag.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the necessary numbers to get the job done propperly.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the body armor and protection they need.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war without the remotest semblance of a plan or exit strategy.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war and then let the wounded and maimed rot away from neglect in places like Walter Reed Hospital.

You can't say you love and repsect the troops and send them to fight an unnecessary war and then cut their pay and benefits.[/QUOTE]

As much as I am no fan of the Cheney Administration, I cannot agree with your post. It is not so much a Republican or Democrat issue. The abuse of power has been on both sides of the aisle whether it was Lyndon Johnson during Vietnam or President Cheney in this awful war. This is a great country, but we have to stop voting criminals and their cronies into public office.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-23-2007 at 02:57 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Thank you, Rosie O'Donnell. [/QUOTE]
    Lol.

Yellowthub, when will bman, etc. be out to play?

flushingjet
    [u]r e p, s e c t[/u]
    find out what it means to me

you know its definitely summertime
    even dum[u]bma[/u]ri[u]n[/u]e is in rerun mode
    Last edited by flushingjet; 06-23-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    before the GOPers pile on with insults

we should remember it wasn't too long ago our troops were picking through garbage to find armor for their humvees.

fact of the matter is you should go to war underfunded and underprepared

with no plan for the aftermath

extending the troops over and over to a breaking point

this administration did exactly that and more

military experts say by october they will have run out of troops to rotate in to the surge

this whole war has been an embarassment, a failure and probably would have been better off never happening

rather than admit that though, you guys would rather insult people

any good debater will tell you insults are the last refuge of the defeated

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]before the GOPers pile on with insults

we should remember it wasn't too long ago our troops were picking through garbage to find armor for their humvees.

fact of the matter is you should go to war underfunded and underprepared

with no plan for the aftermath

extending the troops over and over to a breaking point

this administration did exactly that and more

military experts say by october they will have run out of troops to rotate in to the surge

this whole war has been an embarassment, a failure and probably would have been better off never happening

rather than admit that though, you guys would rather insult people

any good debater will tell you insults are the last refuge of the defeated[/QUOTE]

You're right, but Yellowsubmarine is hardly a "good debater", so why waste my time?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]You're right, but Yellowsubmarine is hardly a "good debater", so why waste my time?[/QUOTE]

What a copout.

also show me one single post of mine where I personally attack another poster personally.

Every post I make triggers an ugly personal response. No debate. No nothing.

Just hate.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]before the GOPers pile on with insults

[/QUOTE]

1993... Mogadishu, Somalia to be exact. The military knew it had a problem with the thin skinned humvees.

Billy Blue Dress was in office for 7 more years and did NOTHING about it....

But now sore loser liberal sissies want to blame it on Bush.

Some things never change....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]What a copout.

also show me one single post of mine where I personally attack another poster personally.

Every post I make triggers an ugly personal response. No debate. No nothing.

Just hate.[/QUOTE]

boo hoo

"Republicans hate the troops."

That opens the door for resonable, logical debate? I think not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]1993... Mogadishu, Somalia to be exact. The military knew it had a problem with the thin skinned humvees.
    [B]
    Billy Blue Dress was in office for 7 more years and did NOTHING about it.... [/B]

But now sore loser liberal sissies want to blame it on Bush.

Some things never change....[/QUOTE]

Plus, he did something else.

He cut the U.S. Army strength levels down by a couple hundred thousand during his tenure.

Thanks Bill.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PFSIKH]Plus, he did something else.

He cut the U.S. Army strength levels down by a couple hundred thousand during his tenure.

Thanks Bill.[/QUOTE]

Under first President Bush, the military went from the 2,046,144 in 1990 to 1,705,103 when President Clinton took office. That means of the 660,000+ person reduction from the start of the Gulf War until the end of the Clinton era, over 340,000 were cut before President Clinton took office.... the actual numbers reveal that President Clinton reduced the military 19% from what he inherited, which doesn’t really compare so horribly to first President Bush’s military reduction of 17% from the start of the first Gulf War until he left office.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]which doesn’t really compare so horribly to first President Bush’s military reduction of 17% from the start of the first Gulf War until he left office.[/QUOTE]
    Plumber - the war ended and Bush reduced the size of the armed forces. Clinton slashed peacetime defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Plumber - the war ended and Bush reduced the size of the armed forces. Clinton slashed peacetime defense.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call 1,700,000 to 1,400,000 slashing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]I wouldn't call 1,700,000 to 1,400,000 slashing.[/QUOTE]
    He sacrificed defense spending to allocate money elsewhere, plain and simple. Don't point at these facts and say they are not so. Clinton and liberals don't, neither should you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PFSIKH]Plus, he did something else.

Thanks Bill.[/QUOTE]

and? There is nothing wrong with cutting military spending during peace time. Prior to WWII, before we policed the world, the military was cut drastically after war time. Besides we have a military four times larger than anyone else, are we compensating for something?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush knew about Clinton's cuts didn't he?

It was Bush who decided to push ahead with this war without proper preparation, not Clinton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Bush knew about Clinton's cuts didn't he?

It was Bush who decided to push ahead with this war without proper preparation, not Clinton.[/QUOTE]
    So Clinton skunked the beer and it's Bush's fault?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]So Clinton skunked the beer and it's Bush's fault?[/QUOTE]

Clinton traded in the H2 for a corvette and Bush drove it into a nor'easter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one forced George to rush to war when he did

if we accept that the military was too cut by Clinton to win a war the smart thing to do is wait and to build it up before going in.

as we know now in hindsight, they didn't need to invade Iraq when they did.

there was no imminent threat. We could have waited, gotten the troops level higher the equipment better and done it right.

Clinton may have slashed the military but it was Bush who decided this slashed military was good enough to win a war.