Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Go Mets!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Smile Let's Go Mets!

RMJK........are you still depressed about our Mets? They did a fine job the past 2 days..........slight slump but we will be ok.........

What the hell fired up LoDuca tonight...........what did that little outburst cost him like 500.00??? Geez..........he's the only consistent hitter.........this slump isn't his fault..........

All Pro
    I Love Paul LoDuca!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    RMJK........are you still depressed about our Mets? They did a fine job the past 2 days..........slight slump but we will be ok.........

What the hell fired up LoDuca tonight...........what did that little outburst cost him like 500.00??? Geez..........he's the only consistent hitter.........this slump isn't his fault..........
    I have to wonder if Lo Duca thought the team needed a spark and argued the first borderline call to give them one.....because as a catcher he should have known it was a Strike.

Regardless, it was a good win. Great effort by El Duque to keep us in the game, and the Offense came on just in time. Blanton was almost unhittable tonight, but we were still able to stay in it and evenutally pull out a W.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

LoDu is THE hardest batter to strike out and that ******* had rung him w/ up an awful backwards K in his prior at bat. Good job IMO.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I have to wonder if Lo Duca thought the team needed a spark and argued the first borderline call to give them one.....because as a catcher he should have known it was a Strike.

Regardless, it was a good win. Great effort by El Duque to keep us in the game, and the Offense came on just in time. Blanton was almost unhittable tonight, but we were still able to stay in it and evenutally pull out a W.
    Never thought of it that way.......but to get yourself thrown out......I don't know.......I still love him though.....

El Duque was on fire tonight.............

Hall Of Fame
    This cracks me up.

Hall Of Fame
    Another one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    LoDu is THE hardest batter to strike out and that ******* had rung him w/ up an awful backwards K in his prior at bat. Good job IMO.
    It was a strike.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It was a strike.
    I was at the game and sitting behind homeplate. I don't think Lo Duca was "particularly" arguing whether that individual pitch was a strike or not. The ump was calling the corners ALL NIGHT vs. right handed hitters while he was never calling the corners vs. left handed hitters. I commented on it to my brother who was at the game with me an inning or two before Lo Duca went bat-sh*t crazy. So again, it wasn't that particular pitch Lo Duca was arguing, it was the umpires inconsistency in calling the corners right handers vs. left handers.

See David Wright's strike out; Right handed batter punched out taking two pitches on opposite corners that were not called against a lefty all night long.

It was VERY ENTERTAINING watching Lo Duca go ape-sh*t though.
    Last edited by JMJ; 06-23-2007 at 11:49 PM.

All Pro
    It was a strike.
    ummm.... i dont think he was agruing if it was on the plate....i think he was arguing the inconsistant strike zone...

Hall Of Fame
    It was def a strike. But to be fair I think Loduca went bezerk over the fact that he was thrown out, not the fact that the strike was called. All in all though, i will take it. We finally won a series! Lets get the sweep tomorrow!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    ummm.... i dont think he was agruing if it was on the plate....i think he was arguing the inconsistant strike zone...
    It was a strike. Case closed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    It was def a strike. But to be fair I think Loduca went bezerk over the fact that he was thrown out, not the fact that the strike was called. All in all though, i will take it. We finally won a series! Lets get the sweep tomorrow!
    He was nuts before he was thrown out.

All Pro
    It was a strike. Case closed.
    nobody said it wasnt a strike....douche

Hall Of Fame
    He was nuts before he was thrown out.
    Well i only caught half the play, and i was half drunk, so i guess i will take you word on it, hehe.

Hall Of Fame
    What's up with Ledee pussing out on that slide?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    nobody said it wasnt a strike....douche
    The only douche in this situation was Paulie. If it's a strike, don't show up the ump. Be smart.

Hall Of Fame
    What's up with Ledee pussing out on that slide?
    Howd he puss out on that? What was he supposed to do?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    Howd he puss out on that? What was he supposed to do?
    You bowl over the catcher when he blocks the plate. At least get a cleat into him.

Hall Of Fame
    You bowl over the catcher when he blocks the plate. At least get a cleat into him.
    I dont know, i think he made a pretty deceptive slide. The catcher just made a good tag.