Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rumors

rumors

i know the nhl forum isnt the most popular one in the world but id figure itd be cool if we posted all the rumors we have heard... i heard the isles are ready to lose blake, wanna make a big push at ryan smyth... i also heard theyd love to bring peca back and apparently jerome iginla is high on ted nolans wish list.... also the team supposedly wants to add another puck moving defenseman (which i think they desperatly need) roman hamrlik id love to have back or scott hannan from the sharks
    i heard the rangers are willing to lose nylander but are gunna make a huge push for briere, drury or gomez

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66
    i know the nhl forum isnt the most popular one in the world but id figure itd be cool if we posted all the rumors we have heard... i heard the isles are ready to lose blake, wanna make a big push at ryan smyth... i also heard theyd love to bring peca back and apparently jerome iginla is high on ted nolans wish list.... also the team supposedly wants to add another puck moving defenseman (which i think they desperatly need) roman hamrlik id love to have back or scott hannan from the sharks
    i heard the rangers are willing to lose nylander but are gunna make a huge push for briere, drury or gomez
    I haven't seen or heard anything said that indicates the Rangers are WILLING to lose Nylander. They want very much to re-sign him. But of course if he wants to test the waters, there's not a whole heck they can do. And I think it's more Gomez or Drury than Briere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I haven't seen or heard anything said that indicates the Rangers are WILLING to lose Nylander. They want very much to re-sign him. But of course if he wants to test the waters, there's not a whole heck they can do. And I think it's more Gomez or Drury than Briere.
    i beileve it was tsn i saw it they said they wouldnt overpay 2 keep nylander but theyd wanna replace him with a top played

All Pro
    The Islanders supposedly handed Smyth a "blank check" and said fill in the years and money and he declines.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    The Islanders supposedly handed Smyth a "blank check" and said fill in the years and money and he declines.
    Can you blame the guy?

Jets Insider VIP
    i beileve it was tsn i saw it they said they wouldnt overpay 2 keep nylander but theyd wanna replace him with a top played
    I'd like to see a link to that story, wherever it's from. Nylander has had a 3 year/$11.5M offer on the table for a few weeks. He may be able to get a little more on the open market. I imagine the Rangers would increase it if necessary but of course they aren't going to "overpay" for anyone, Nylander included. Not when they can get a Drury and/or a Gomez for albeit more money, but they'd be getting much younger players.

Nylander has to consider whether he can have the same success elsewhere. There aren't too many Jagr's out there. Jagr helps create a lot of space for Nylander to operate.

im not sure i beileve that, i thought the leafs offered there 1st for the rights to negotiate with smyth and the isles said no..... i am pumped for july 1st though

All Pro
    im not sure i beileve that, i thought the leafs offered there 1st for the rights to negotiate with smyth and the isles said no..... i am pumped for july 1st though
    It was in the Daily News Sunday.

It was in the Daily News Sunday.
    damn, good thing i didnt read that, it wouldve ruined my weekend... if they sign iginla and peca its be a good replacement

Sabres made offers to both Briere and Drury in the last 24 hours...Hopefully one of them stays. Briere has been pretty vocal that if the price is reasonable, he will stay in Buffalo no questions asked...Drury on the other hand, I think just wants to get paid...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Sabres made offers to both Briere and Drury in the last 24 hours...Hopefully one of them stays. Briere has been pretty vocal that if the price is reasonable, he will stay in Buffalo no questions asked...Drury on the other hand, I think just wants to get paid...
    Briere declined the offer the Sabres made last night.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212162&hubname=nhl

Also looks like Zubrus will be a FA.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212104&hubname=nhl

The Sabres have their work cut out for them in the next 2 days.

supposedly the isles like scott hannan, along with hamrlik and souray hes one of the bed Dman available... as per espn

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    Briere declined the offer the Sabres made last night.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212162&hubname=nhl

Also looks like Zubrus will be a FA.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212104&hubname=nhl

The Sabres have their work cut out for them in the next 2 days.
    Briere is a fool. I don't think he is worth any more than the offer they gave him. If someone pays him any more than 5 mil per year, than they overpaid...He just doesnt produce like the guys at the 6-7 mil per year level.

Zubrus was gone anyway...I knew we would lose him...The only reason we dealt for him was to make up for Gaustad being hurt. Not a huge deal..

Apparently Drury, Briere, and the Sabres are getting together in Cali. this weekend to see whats up...word on the street is that they offered Drury 6 mil per year....that aught to go over REAL well with Danny.

Either way, if they don't sign them, they will have some money out there to secure Vanek up and get a decent FA or two. We will still have a good team next year, but it will be a fight for the division / playoffs...that's for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    I was just reading that Jason Allison is returning to hockey after a 1 year absence. He may be worth a look for a team looking for a solid 2-line center and who loses out on the Drury, Briere, Gomez, Nylander sweepstakes.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212236&hubname=nhl

this is the worst time to be an islander fan, i know exactly what is going to happen, theyre gunna lose smyth and blake then then sign like zubrus or kariya and be like o zubrus can replace blake and smyth, we will be fine

Hall Of Fame
    Flyers get Daniel B. Isles about to lose Smyth.

Hall Of Fame
    My guesses on Smyth, for what they're worth (not much)

1 MapleLeafs
    2. Red Wings
    3. Av's
    4. Calgary

Long Shots

Isles
    Oilers

Hall Of Fame
    Briere 8 yr 52 mil.I thought he'd get more.

WFAN is reporting that the Rangers have signed Scott Gomez...Brian Rafalski goes to the Red Wings, Sarich to Calgary, Caps sign Tom Poti, Ducks sign Schneider.

All Pro
    Gomez would create so many chances but Jagr will ***** every time he has a bad game because he doesnt have Nylander.