Thread: Wenger wants Dein back or wants out of Arsenal

All Pro

Wenger wants Dein back or wants out of Arsenal

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/new...se-553521.html

Arsene Wenger is reportedly set for a showdown with Arsenal board over his contract and is believed to be ready to make a demand of bringing back David Dein to the Emirates Stadium if the North-Londoners want him to be the manager beyond next season.

Dein, who had brought Wenger to Arsenal in 1996, had left the club in April citing irreconcilable differences with the board on takeover issue.

The shock departure of Dein had come as a blow to Wenger, who then refused to sign a new deal, and subsequently with Thierry Henry citing it as main reason for him to make a decision to leave for Barcelona.

Former Gunners skipper Patrick Vieira has earlier claimed that it will not be the same for Wenger at the club without his close ally and the former Monaco boss could leave.

On Monday, The Daily Mail has reported that Wenger will tell the board he will only sign a new contract if Dein is brought back.

The 57-year-old Frenchman, nicknamed ‘Le Proff’, will meet chairman Peter Hill-Wood and managing director Keith Edelman this week.

In case the stalemate persists, Wenger will however start in his final season on his existing deal, at the Emirates Stadium.

Hall Of Fame
    from the daily mail article this gem was lifted from...

"The 57-year-old is not going to rush into making any decision on his future and is likely to sit tight until Christmas."

the headline should read, "we dont know what will happen with arsene wenger, but saying that he is set for a showdown with the board will sell more papers and bring more viewers to the website"

All Pro
    ringer, it's not looking good for the Gunners. I doubt Dein's goin to get brought back and doubt even less that Wenger's goin to stay on past this upcoming season. Might be some rough times ahead for Arsenal,

All Pro
    I could see a few years of being a UEFA team unless something is done to help these very talented younger players.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    I could see a few years of being a UEFA team unless something is done to help these very talented younger players.
    well yes, if wenger leaves...but the only indication that wenger is going to leave is the idle speculation in the daily mail which prompted the post you, well, posted...for instance, today's sun reported the following
    But football guru and life-long pal of Wenger, Max Hild, believes the Frenchman will stay at Arsenal for the rest of his managerial career.

Former Strasbourg boss Hild, who gave Wenger his start in football, said: “Arsene has always told me he would finish his career with Arsenal.”
    which doesnt mean anything either...the point is, nobody is giong to know what wenger will do until at least december...

losing henry is bad, but it isnt as though he was a factor last season...the team still needs to make some moves, but really, everyone on this team has a boatload of talent and almost all of them are in their early 20s...maybe one year at the uefa cup level AFTER wenger leaves (if he does), but the youth system wenger has built will be producing quality players for the next decade...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    well yes, if wenger leaves...but the only indication that wenger is going to leave is the idle speculation in the daily mail which prompted the post you, well, posted...for instance, today's sun reported the following

which doesnt mean anything either...the point is, nobody is giong to know what wenger will do until at least december...

losing henry is bad, but it isnt as though he was a factor last season...the team still needs to make some moves, but really, everyone on this team has a boatload of talent and almost all of them are in their early 20s...maybe one year at the uefa cup level AFTER wenger leaves (if he does), but the youth system wenger has built will be producing quality players for the next decade...
    I know English papers are tabloids but I like just speculating on scenarios mostly and the article gave me a chance to bring up to what if.