Thread: OT New KG to Pho rumor

OT New KG to Pho rumor

NEW YORK Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett is close to going to the Phoenix Suns in a monumental three-way trade that would send Phoenix forward Amare Stoudemire to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said Wednesday.

Atlanta would move the Nos. 3 and 11 picks in Thursday's draft, as well as Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson, to Minnesota.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has delivered a mandate to his basketball executives to get a deal done, one league executive said.

Yahoo! Sports has learned that the trade would also save the Hawks from an emerging showdown between the front office and coaching staff over whom to draft with the third pick. The front office and coaching staff had settled on Florida power forward Al Horford, but a faction of the Atlanta Spirit ownership group, with business interests in China, is pushing them to take Yi Jianlian.

The deal hinges on Atlanta general manager Billy Knight saying yes, as well as Hawks ownership, which is mired in lawsuits, being willing to increase payroll. It is believed that star Hawks guard Joe Johnson talked to his former Suns teammate on Wednesday and that the 24-year-old Stoudemire, a first-team All-NBA choice, told him that he'd welcome the trade.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    NEW YORK Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett is close to going to the Phoenix Suns in a monumental three-way trade that would send Phoenix forward Amare Stoudemire to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said Wednesday.

Atlanta would move the Nos. 3 and 11 picks in Thursday's draft, as well as Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson, to Minnesota.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has delivered a mandate to his basketball executives to get a deal done, one league executive said.

Yahoo! Sports has learned that the trade would also save the Hawks from an emerging showdown between the front office and coaching staff over whom to draft with the third pick. The front office and coaching staff had settled on Florida power forward Al Horford, but a faction of the Atlanta Spirit ownership group, with business interests in China, is pushing them to take Yi Jianlian.

The deal hinges on Atlanta general manager Billy Knight saying yes, as well as Hawks ownership, which is mired in lawsuits, being willing to increase payroll. It is believed that star Hawks guard Joe Johnson talked to his former Suns teammate on Wednesday and that the 24-year-old Stoudemire, a first-team All-NBA choice, told him that he'd welcome the trade.
    I think Phoenix would be making a mistake. They are good enough to win with the team they have right now!

Rookie
    There is no way Phoenix should make that trade...Why would you trade such a great young player.

because KG is better and has a better attitude - and who knows how long Amare's knee lasts?

Pho is an absolutely delicious Vietanamese soup noodle dish that is very prevelant in the Seattle area. I eat it once a week.

If the Suns sign KG...I will cry. KG is my favorite player in the league and I hate the Suns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

That would be the start of a dynasty IMO.

Apparently, Grant Hill wants to be a Sun too

Nash
    Bell
    Hill
    Marion
    KG

Hudson (Pho-style player)
    Barbosa
    Diaw
    Thomas

Jets Insider VIP
    Go Suns!

This trade rumor began last night after the Celtics deal was falling through and Garnett made it pretty well known that he preferred Phoenix to LA. I think its a no brainer for Phoenix to make this deal. Garnett is a far better player than Stoudamire. This current Suns group doesnt have what it takes to beat San Antonio or Dallas and the odds of both of those teams being upset before a Phoenix series is not good. Garnett makes them so much better. He gives them alot more options on offense especially in the half court set.

From Atlantas perspective its iffy in my mind. They have 2 picks this year and I think have a fanbase in love with Mike Conley even though the club knows its insane to take him at 3. There would be a good chance he would be there at 11 though. The question is how will Amares legs hold up and how much will he tail off without Steve Nash, even though Atlanta does like to just run up and down the floor. I can understand the Jianlian choice. Hes a marketing bonanza for a team that has not had an identity since Dominque Wilkins unless he totally busts. Horford/Conley or Horford/Law(Ridnour if they trade the pick to Seattle) isnt terrible, but odds are none of those guys sell seats other than Conley.

Its an awful trade for Minnesota. A total salary slash. If I was a Wolves fan Id be angry with the team. There has to be a better option out there than 2 picks in this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    This trade rumor began last night after the Celtics deal was falling through and Garnett made it pretty well known that he preferred Phoenix to LA. I think its a no brainer for Phoenix to make this deal. Garnett is a far better player than Stoudamire. This current Suns group doesnt have what it takes to beat San Antonio or Dallas and the odds of both of those teams being upset before a Phoenix series is not good. Garnett makes them so much better. He gives them alot more options on offense especially in the half court set.

From Atlantas perspective its iffy in my mind. They have 2 picks this year and I think have a fanbase in love with Mike Conley even though the club knows its insane to take him at 3. There would be a good chance he would be there at 11 though. The question is how will Amares legs hold up and how much will he tail off without Steve Nash, even though Atlanta does like to just run up and down the floor. I can understand the Jianlian choice. Hes a marketing bonanza for a team that has not had an identity since Dominque Wilkins unless he totally busts. Horford/Conley or Horford/Law(Ridnour if they trade the pick to Seattle) isnt terrible, but odds are none of those guys sell seats other than Conley.

Its an awful trade for Minnesota. A total salary slash. If I was a Wolves fan Id be angry with the team. There has to be a better option out there than 2 picks in this years draft.
    If you're going to to rebuild, it's nice to have 3 lotto picks in a deep draft and to shed some salary

All Pro
    Jim Gray quotes Steve Kerr: "There is absolutely no trade being discussed, I got a call a few minutes ago from the Hawks and it wasn't even for that, there is no truth to any of this. We are not trading Amare' Stoudemire to the Atlanta Hawks." Apparently Kerr met with Amare today and told him to dismiss all the rumors.

that was as of an hour ago

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    If you're going to to rebuild, it's nice to have 3 lotto picks in a deep draft and to shed some salary
    Get rid of Garnett and draft Hortford, Noah, and Brewer......How crazy would that be? Throw in Taurean Green in the 2nd round

If they give up Amare they still gonna choke in the playoffs.