Thread: Murdoch Buying the WSJ

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Murdoch Buying the WSJ

Looks like this deal is going through.

This is going to be great. I may actually start my subscription again :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Awesome. I always wanted to hear the Paris Hilton story from a financial newpaper. You can never have too many papers covering such an important issue as Ms. Hilton...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Awesome. I always wanted to hear the Paris Hilton story from a financial newpaper. You can never have too many papers covering such an important issue as Ms. Hilton...[/QUOTE]

And the first lib to p*ss and moan chimes in....

This is from the guy who thinks youtube and wikipedia are liberal. Sorry but maybe the population is more liberal than this guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]And the first lib to p*ss and moan chimes in....[/QUOTE]

I was being serious.

I can't wait for the first Wacko Jacko on Cracko because of his Backo headline...

Make a list, my friend. Make a list of all the reasons you think I am a "lib". Is it because I think we pay too much taxes, hate welfare and illegal immigration. Is it because I believe our government has become an unwieldy mass of top heavy government bureaucracy? Those are, in fact, signs of a true die hard liberal. Everybody knows that liberals think affirmative action is retarded, that the department of education should be eliminated and that my taxes shouldn't pay for some welfare shcmuck too lazy to work.

But then again...its just people like you that want to continue to divide our country instead on focusing on real issues that effect real people. Its just thought lemmings just as yourself that still believe that there is such a thing as a left right divide in this country. There is a left right divide in Washington alone. That's it. And while retards keep arguing about leftists this and right wing wackjob that...the rest of the normal people in this country end up footing a bill to keep the idiots in Washington engaged in this partisan circle jerk that has been going on for years and years now.

Please...for the love of god...stop being a tool. Stop parroting sh*t back that you hear on whatever leaning newscorp you hear it from. Stop being influenced on the issues you are TOLD to be influenced on. Stop falling for the politicians dog and pony show they trot out every election cycle to keep the real Americans in limbo. Just stop.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Awesome. I always wanted to hear the Paris Hilton story from a financial newpaper. You can never have too many papers covering such an important issue as Ms. Hilton...[/QUOTE]

Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will now be the truth. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.

It's amazing the media empire this guy is building.

I'm pretty pissed off at FoxNews, however, and as a result the entire Newscorp company. I interviewed for a great job at Fox 5 times in the past 3 months (I was there [I]five [/I]times), and those bastards never gave the courtesy to call me back, whether I got the job or not. I even Fed-Ex'd a letter to the desk of the network's executive producer.

Man, that pissed me off.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will now be the truth. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.[/QUOTE]

maybe you are thinking abut the times Sooth? The journal is one of the most objective papers in the world, for the sole reason that it's readers are motivated by one thing and one thing only - the pursuit of money. There's not alot of room for political bias in a paper geared toward market movers. Truth doesn't hide from the market, at least not for long.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec]It's amazing the media empire this guy is building.

I'm pretty pissed off at FoxNews, however, and as a result the entire Newscorp company. I interviewed for a great job at Fox 5 times in the past 3 months (I was there [I]five [/I]times), and those bastards never gave the courtesy to call me back, whether I got the job or not. I even Fed-Ex'd a letter to the desk of the network's executive producer.

Man, that pissed me off.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe they asked Jetdawgg for a reference? Did you slip and say "faux noise" on the interview?

Seriously, all I can say is if a place is that dysfunctional to those applying for a job, it is a bad sign as to work environment, and you are better off without them.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Maybe they asked Jetdawgg for a reference? Did you slip and say "faux noise" on the interview?

Seriously, all I can say is if a place is that dysfunctional to those applying for a job, it is a bad sign as to work environment, and you are better off without them.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ the Jetdawgg reference

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to, as well. It would have been an awesome job though.

NewsCorp (Fox, FNX, NY Post etc etc etc) Sky News, Austrialian News, WSJ

Yay for media consolidation!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]And the first lib to p*ss and moan chimes in....[/QUOTE]

LOL... PlumberKhan is a conservative

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will now be the truth. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Did you say [i]the truth[/i] about a paper/"news" company that is/will be owned by Rupert Murdoch?!? :eek:

Soothsayer let's not kid ourselves here. There is no such thing as a "true" mainstream media outlet. There are only corporate-driven media outlets.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will [B]now be the truth[/B]. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.[/QUOTE]

As an Australian, I find you tying 'the truth' to my ex-countryman Rupert Murdoch hilarious. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec]It's amazing the media empire this guy is building.

Man, that pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

You were probably far TOO qualified for the position, Paulie.

Have you ever watched Fox and Friends? Best morning show ever, hands down...if you are like me and love to watch a slow motion train wreck every weekday morning w/ a cup of coffee.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]LOL... PlumberKhan is a conservative[/QUOTE]

You can't be a conservative and not like Bush, didn't you know that? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]You can't be a conservative and not like Bush, didn't you know that? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Part of it is my fault. I was raised in a household where the word conserve meant something totally different than what it means now.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]You were probably far TOO qualified for the position, Paulie.

Have you ever watched Fox and Friends? Best morning show ever, hands down...if you are like me and love to watch a slow motion train wreck every weekday morning w/ a cup of coffee.[/QUOTE]

You know what's really painful to watch? A show called "Red Eye", it airs at 2am from Monday through Saturday. It's like a low-budget commentary where a panel of D-list media people/****ty comedians discuss current events, while telling awful jokes. If you ever can't sleep, turn on Fox at 2am and just be amazed.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec]You know what's really painful to watch? A show called "Red Eye", it airs at 2am from Monday through Saturday. It's like a low-budget commentary where a panel of D-list media people/****ty comedians discuss current events, while telling awful jokes. If you ever can't sleep, turn on Fox at 2am and just be amazed.[/QUOTE]

I might just do that tonight when I'm up and can't sleep.

Man, I want to put a bullet in my head after these past two weeks.