Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murdoch Buying the WSJ

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't properly come up with definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" it's because the liberal elite and the conservative elite are both rich people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey]If you can't properly come up with definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" it's because the liberal elite and the conservative elite are both rich people.[/QUOTE]

Dude, are you [I]always[/I] on?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Dude, are you [I]always[/I] on?[/QUOTE]

he's not on enough imho

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will now be the truth. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Murdoch is buying the Journal as a print anchor for his planned Fox Business Channel, which he is hoping to launch more or less based on the credibility of the WSJ's news pages, which is unimpeachable.

Destroying that credibility by making radical changes would be financially insane, and counter to what he's trying to accomplish. That gives me hope.

As for the editorial page, there's a good chance Rupert Murdoch is actually to the left of those loons. The Post endorsed Hillary Clinton last time around. The Journal editorial page has accused her of murder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Looks like this deal is going through.

This is going to be great. I may actually start my subscription again :yes:[/QUOTE]
    Why didn't you have one before?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Whether it's about Paris Hilton or the economy in China, at least it will now be the truth. Something that the Journal has lacked for a long time.[/QUOTE]
    How so?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]

It's amazing the media empire this guy is building.

I'm pretty pissed off at FoxNews, however, and as a result the entire Newscorp company. I interviewed for a great job at Fox 5 times in the past 3 months (I was there [I]five [/I]times), and those bastards never gave the courtesy to call me back, whether I got the job or not. I even Fed-Ex'd a letter to the desk of the network's executive producer.

Man, that pissed me off.[/QUOTE]
    Just talk to Roger Ailes, tell him you're a true blue conservative and he is one of your fathers heros {from his days in the Reagan administration}, it would make my father so proud if I could tell him I was hired by Roger Ailes himself .. then tell him I've handed in my resume a few times to no response, so I figured why not give it to the TOP MAN, what do I have to lose, and if that doesn't work at least I'll know I have exhausted all avenues

I'm familiar enough with Roger Ailes to know he appreciates those kind of kajones, that's something he would have done as a younger man so if nothing else he'll probably admire the effort .. if he doesn't call the cops :P

But don't forget to tell him he's one of your fathers heros from his days with Ronald Reagan

Everyone likes to have their ego stroked on occasion, so appeal to his vanity and you may get the job .. he runs that network Paulie, you just have to make the effort to connect with him, then all it takes is balls
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-02-2007 at 04:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]...blue...handed ...exhausted...kajones...stroked...connect...balls[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Thats one way of getting the job.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Just talk to Roger Ailes, tell him you're a true blue conservative and he is one of your fathers hero {from his days in the Reagan administration}, it would make my father so proud if I could tell him I was hired by Roger Ailes himself .. then tell him I've handed in my resume a few times to no response, so I figured why not give it to the TOP MAN, what do I have to lose, and if that doesn't work at least I'll know I have exhausted all avenues

I'm familiar enough with Roger Ailes to know he appreciates those kind of kajones, that's something he would have done as a younger man so if nothing else he'll probably admire the effort .. if he doesn't call the cops :P

But don't forget to tell him he's one of your fathers heros from his days with Ronald Reagan

Everyone likes to have their ego stroked on occasion, so appeal to his vanity and you may get the job .. he runs that network Paulie, you just have to make the effort to connect with him, then all it takes is balls[/QUOTE]

ha, you know what, I like that idea. I wonder where I could find his email address or contact info.