Thread: Here the Yankees go with Hillenbrand again

Here the Yankees go with Hillenbrand again

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerp...214696&id=2898

First base is not the Yankees problem! They can't hit consistently enough to make up ground.

I'm sorry, but 1B is a HUGE problem. The Yankees have literally no chance of making the playoffs with Cairo being the everyday first baseman. Hillenbrand isn't good, but he is an upgrade over what we have now. He will also cost nothing prospect-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I'm sorry, but 1B is a HUGE problem. The Yankees have literally no chance of making the playoffs with Cairo being the everyday first baseman. Hillenbrand isn't good, but he is an upgrade over what we have now. He will also cost nothing prospect-wise.
    I understand that, but if you really think that this team is playing sub-par .500 ball because of 1B, you're mistaken. Yeah, it's a problem, but the team is not playing as a "team"...we've seen flashes of it all year and that's not good enough even for a wild card berth.

Veteran
    What ever happened to the Texiera rumors? I would love to have him playing 1B for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    I understand that, but if you really think that this team is playing sub-par .500 ball because of 1B, you're mistaken. Yeah, it's a problem, but the team is not playing as a "team"...we've seen flashes of it all year and that's not good enough even for a wild card berth.
    I'm not saying that having a good first baseman would have transformed this team into something real good. But, it is one of the problems of this team so you might as well upgrade if you can. Hillenbrand is an upgrade, albeit not a big one.

edit: And it's not that the Yanks aren't playing as a "team." It's that nobody is hitting besides Po, Jeter, and A-Rod. And the pen walks too many guys.
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 06-28-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan2290
    What ever happened to the Texiera rumors? I would love to have him playing 1B for us.
    What rumors? It's not like there were any real strong ones. He would cost a lot prospect-wise IMO. No need to trade Joba Chamberlain and other great prospects right now.

The Yankees don't need to replace Cairo at 1B. He knows how to play the game, he knows how to win, and he plays with fire and heart.

The Yankees could use that in the lineup day in and day out. Thats really what they're lacking. Fire. Intensity. Heart. Teamwork. Thats how you win games.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    The Yankees don't need to replace Cairo at 1B. He knows how to play the game, he knows how to win, and he plays with fire and heart.

The Yankees could use that in the lineup day in and day out. Thats really what they're lacking. Fire. Intensity. Heart. Teamwork. Thats how you win games.
    The problem the Yankees have is they don't have 25 Miguel Cairo's on the team.

The problem the Yankees have is they don't have 25 Miguel Cairo's on the team.

Only 25?

If I could clone him I'd rename the Yankees the Cairo's and hire him as GM, manager, scouting director (to make sure his clones are OK), and of course...the Cairo's Captain.

All League
    You lost ALL credibility with that statement. 1B is the LEAST of their problems.

You watch a lot of baseball but you really need to start paying more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns
    You lost ALL credibility with that statement. 1B is the LEAST of their problems.

Credibility is overrated.

All League

Are you kidding me? We are getting little to zero run production from 1st base with cairo/phillips.

Are you freakin serious?

You must be kidding me?

JetsFan2012
    What's with the arrogance in the JI baseball forum? "Dude you have no credibility... dude, you need to watch more baseball." How about you pricks just shut up already. You sound like a bunch of 4 year-olds.

It almost makes me miss Jermaine.

But then I slap myself hard in the face.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 06-29-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    What's with the arrogance in the JI baseball forum? "Dude you have no credibility... dude, you need to watch more baseball." How about you pricks just shut up already. You sound like a bunch of 4 year-olds.

It almost makes me miss Jermaine.

But then I slap myself hard in the face.
    It's the typical Yankee Fan Attitude. Why do you think most people hate Yankee Fans.

I just think it's funnier that anybody can believe a .254/.275/.325 hitter like Shea Hillenbrand can provide even a marginal upgrade over that of Cairo and Phillips over the rest of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    It's the typical Yankee Fan Attitude. Why do you think most people hate Yankee Fans.

I just think it's funnier that anybody can believe a .254/.275/.325 hitter like Shea Hillenbrand can provide even a marginal upgrade over that of Cairo and Phillips over the rest of the regular season.
    Well obviously you would expect that he would hit better than that and closer to his career average. He can't exactly hit worse.

The thing with Hillenbrand is he's hitting below what he usually does and Cairo is hitting as good as he will this year and they have been as good as each other. It wouldn't be a big upgrade at all, but Hillenbrand is better than Cairo and thus the team would get better. If you want to give Phillips a shot, I'd be all for that for a little while.