Thread: CHP Report: Fox Called Cop a 'Racist'

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

CHP Report: Fox Called Cop a 'Racist'

[QUOTE][B]CHP Report: Fox Called Cop a 'Racist'
    Updated 10:28 PM ET June 29, 2007 [/B]

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Vivica A. Fox called a state patrol officer a "racist white cop" during her drunken driving arrest and repeatedly failed sobriety tests, according to an official report.

The 42-year-old actress, who is black, was pulled over in March after passing a California Highway Patrol officer who said her Cadillac was doing 80 mph and weaving in its lane on the Hollywood Freeway.

The officer noticed that Fox's eyes were red and watery and that she had a "strong odor" of alcohol, according to the report. After she failed sobriety tests, he arrested Fox for investigation of driving under the influence.

"Fox began to walk away, yelling at my partner, 'Brother, help a sister, are you going to let this racist white cop do this. ... Well, are you?'" according to the report.

The arresting officer is identified as Officer Laubscher and his partner as Officer De Alba.

Fox continued to speak in a "condescending manner" as she was placed in the patrol car, according to the report. She was taken to the Van Nuys jail, where a breath test was conducted but had to be stopped when she "burped quite loudly," the report said.

"The report stands on its own, and we can't comment further because it's a case pending before the courts," said Fran Clader, patrol spokeswoman.

Fox eventually was cited and released.

Breath tests indicated her blood-alcohol level was greater than .08 percent, California's legal limit for a driver. She was charged in March with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit. Her arraignment was scheduled for July 19.

If convicted, Fox could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

A call to Fox's manager, Lita Richardson, was not returned.

Fox said this month that she had made a "mistake" and would "hire a driver next time."

"It was an unfortunate judgment that I am taking full responsibility in," she said backstage at the Daytime Emmy Awards.

Fox has appeared in such films as "Kill Bill: Vol. 1," "Soul Food" and "Independence Day."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=070629&cat=news&st=newsd8q2s0d02&src=ap[/url]

-----------------------

I'm sure the press will carry this torch and hold her feet to the fire the way they did Mel Gibson...... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY][url]http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=070629&cat=news&st=newsd8q2s0d02&src=ap[/url]

-----------------------

I'm sure the press will carry this torch and hold her feet to the fire the way they did Mel Gibson...... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Full of remorse.... for driving drunk, not speaking to a cop in a disrespectful manner. Besides, its probably his fault anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    What happened to Gibson? He did serve jail time for drunk driving, right? I mean, any average citizen caught drinking and driving would have consequences. What happened to him? Probation? Community service? Weekends in jail? Victims impact panel? Restitution?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]What happened to Gibson? He did serve jail time for drunk driving, right? I mean, any average citizen caught drinking and driving would have consequences. What happened to him? Probation? Community service? Weekends in jail? Victims impact panel? Restitution?[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention Vin baker, warren moon, and Marion Barry.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Neil Diamond]You forgot to mention Vin baker, warren moon, and Marion Barry.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. A differant standard of justice for celebrities and politicians....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [IMG]http://images.absolutenow.com/rp/6175_fox_vivica_26.jpg[/IMG]

When Vivica Fox makes tens of millions of dollars off of a blatantly anti-semetic movie, attacks everyone who calls the anti-semetic movie as delusional, and then gets arrested for throwing a drunk, anti-semetic tirade at a cop (behind the wheel, no less) she'll get treated the same as Mel Gibson.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]When Vivica Fox makes tens of millions of dollars off of a blatantly anti-semetic movie, attacks everyone who calls the anti-semetic movie as delusional, and then gets arrested for throwing a drunk, anti-semetic tirade at a cop (behind the wheel, no less) she'll get treated the same as Mel Gibson.[/QUOTE]

yet dumbdawg posts a photoshopped pitcure of the president of the US giving a Nazi salute and you could care less....what a fuqin hypocrite...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yet dumbdawg posts a photoshopped pitcure of the president of the US giving a Nazi salute and you could care less....what a fuqin hypocrite...[/QUOTE]

Way to engage the point above.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]Way to engage the point above.[/QUOTE]

it's well engaged based on your post....

the fact you refer to Gibson's movie as "blatantly anti-semetic" is just more fodder from you....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]it's well engaged based on your post....

the fact you refer to Gibson's movie as "blatantly anti-semetic" is just more fodder from you....[/QUOTE]

Don't take my word for it, take the Catholic Theological Union's:

[url]http://www.unomaha.edu/jrf/2004Symposium/Pawlikowski.htm[/url]

"When we did begin a group discussion of the script, we quickly concluded that it was one of the most troublesome texts relative to anti-Semitic potential that any of us had seen in 25 years. [B]It must be emphasized that the main storyline presented Jesus as having been relentlessly pursued by an evil cabal of Jews headed by the high priest Caiphas who finally blackmailed a weak-kneed Pilate into putting Jesus to death. This is precisely the storyline that fueled centuries of anti-Semitism within Christian societies. This is also a storyline rejected by the Catholic Church[/B] at Vatican II in its document Nostra Atate and by nearly all mainline Protestant churches in parallel documents. And modern biblical and historical scholarship has generally emphasized that Pilate was a horrible and powerful tyrant, eventually removed by Rome from his position because of his extreme brutality; a tyrant the occupied and politically powerless Jewish community was in no position to blackmail."

Any doubt about whether that film was intended to be as vile as it appeared to be were answered the second Gibson started flinging anti-semetic tirades at that cop.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]Don't take my word for it, take the Catholic Theological Union's:

"When we did begin a group discussion of the script, we quickly concluded that it was one of the most troublesome texts relative to anti-Semitic potential that any of us had seen in 25 years. [B]It must be emphasized that the main storyline presented Jesus as having been relentlessly pursued by an evil cabal of Jews headed by the high priest Caiphas who finally blackmailed a weak-kneed Pilate into putting Jesus to death. This is precisely the storyline that fueled centuries of anti-Semitism within Christian societies. This is also a storyline rejected by the Catholic Church[/B] at Vatican II in its document Nostra Atate and by nearly all mainline Protestant churches in parallel documents. And modern biblical and historical scholarship has generally emphasized that Pilate was a horrible and powerful tyrant, eventually removed by Rome from his position because of his extreme brutality; a tyrant the occupied and politically powerless Jewish community was in no position to blackmail."

Any doubt about whether that film was intended to be as vile as it appeared to be were answered the second Gibson started flinging anti-semetic tirades at that cop.[/QUOTE]

Did you even watch the movie, or are basing this on heresay? When I saw it, it looked as if the Romans were pretty cruel and barbaric in their punishment tactics.
    why not repetition the Pope to rescind that part of the Gospels and we can pretend it didn't happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]Don't take my word for it, take the Catholic Theological Union's:

Any doubt about whether that film was intended to be as vile as it appeared to be were answered the second Gibson started flinging anti-semetic tirades at that cop.[/QUOTE]

I always enjoy it when people try and back up their points with evidence from homemade websites... :yes:

the only thing funnier than your feeble attempt to portray this opinion as though it were from the Catholic church is the insipid way you bold part of the sentence....

in the end the idiot actions of a drunken Mel Gibson pales in comparison to the recent blatant anti-semtic politics of jimmie cahter....

Hall Of Fame
    I love it when liberals like nuu accuse conservatives of anti-semitism. Yeah, like you give two sh*ts about anti-semitism. Aren't you the guys who blow Arafat and give him peace prizes even though he murdered jews and made things worse for arabs?? Besides, the Passion wasn't anti-semitic at all...at ALL. But let the UN declare that Zionism = racism and you motherf*ckers will cheer and you guys demoinze Israel every chance you get because you guys blame the jews for the problems in the middle east. I a, sure you can produce a few links or quotes that fit your laughably absurd viewpoint...that's no accomplishment. Yeah, guys like you are REALLY looking out for the jews...sure. Just blame them for everything in the ME these days....like American and Euro lefties do. What a sick f*cing joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Just blame them for everything in the ME these days....like American and Euro lefties do. What a sick f*cing joke.[/QUOTE]

I don't think (I hope) too many people assign blame to the Jews for ME problems as the word blame would entail. I think of it more like a white dude wearing a Members Only jacket walking down East Compton Blvd. in LA at 3 AM.

Mr. Herzl may have been trying to avoid the years upon years of eventual bloodshed that has transpired in Palestine. I have heard many a bad thing about Uganda...the weather, the mosquitoes. But there are more diamonds in Uganda than Israel. That's a joke....peace.

Seriously, Uganda does have diamonds. The folks on W. 47th might of liked that ;)
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 07-01-2007 at 09:18 AM.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]I love it when liberals like nuu accuse conservatives of anti-semitism. Yeah, like you give two sh*ts about anti-semitism. Aren't you the guys who blow Arafat and give him peace prizes even though he murdered jews and made things worse for arabs?? Besides, the Passion wasn't anti-semitic at all...at ALL. But let the UN declare that Zionism = racism and you motherf*ckers will cheer and you guys demoinze Israel every chance you get because you guys blame the jews for the problems in the middle east. I a, sure you can produce a few links or quotes that fit your laughably absurd viewpoint...that's no accomplishment. Yeah, guys like you are REALLY looking out for the jews...sure. Just blame them for everything in the ME these days....like American and Euro lefties do. What a sick f*cing joke.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I do not consider Mel Gibson a conservative. He's a crackpot, nothing more.

Second of all, you remain the king of attacking strawmen constructed by your own imagination. Find one nice thing I have ever written about Yasser Arafat on this forum. You can't, because I haven't written any. Find one example of me "blaming jews" for all the problems of the Middle East. While I don't see Israel as totally faultless, I doubt you'll have too much luck there, either.

I don't care if people rail against me based on my opinions. But you like to rail against people based opinions you assume --with no evidence-- that they hold. That's just tiresome.
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 07-01-2007 at 04:35 PM.