Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Car bomb was detonated earlier today in Scotland

OT: Car bomb was detonated earlier today in Scotland

CNN said that their sources are linking it to the car bombs found in London yesterday.

Veteran
    What the Hell did the Scots do to anyone :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan]CNN said that their sources are linking it to the car bombs found in London yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Not a car bomb. A car crashed into the terminal at the airport. They are still investigating apparently.

[QUOTE=jetstream23]Not a car bomb. A car crashed into the terminal at the airport. They are still investigating apparently.[/QUOTE]

It pretty much just depends on definition of a bomb, they drove their car there, which they covered in gasolene (sp?), and then lit it on fire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan]It pretty much just depends on definition of a bomb, they drove their car there, which they covered in gasolene (sp?), and then lit it on fire.[/QUOTE]
    Scots are known to be thrifty maybe they didn't want to spend the Bucks for a real Bomb and just used a old bomb of a Car??

They hate Fat Bastard for his freedom... to be fat.

But seriously, how can you construe a couple of jerkoffs lighting their car on fire and driving thru a window a "terrorist attack"??? Those be some lame terrorists.... Even the IRA knew how to blow up a good garbage can.

Hysterical Republican response in 3, 2, 1......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pavlovianresponse]They hate Fat Bastard for his freedom... to be fat.

But seriously, how can you construe a couple of jerkoffs lighting their car on fire and driving thru a window a "terrorist attack"??? Those be some lame terrorists.... Even the IRA knew how to blow up a good garbage can.

Hysterical Republican response in 3, 2, 1......[/QUOTE]
    Actually you had mine in the Post before you Hillary.. ;)

[QUOTE=Savage69]Actually you had mine in the Post before you Hillary.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Dude... Hillary? Are you saying I have fat legs??? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pavlovianresponse]Dude... Hillary? Are you saying I have fat legs??? :eek:[/QUOTE]
    Is that a Hysterical Liberal question?? :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pavlovianresponse]Dude... Hillary? Are you saying I have fat legs??? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Her legs are only fat because we don't have nationalized health care! :rolleyes: :P

Hall Of Fame

You're so [I]wise[/I], dude.....

[QUOTE=Savage69]Scots are known to be thrifty maybe they didn't want to spend the Bucks for a real Bomb and just used a old bomb of a Car??[/QUOTE]

That happens when haggards are a steady part of your diet...:eek:

All Pro

Are you for real? I guess you had the same reaction to these jerkoffs on 9/11.

I just do not understand how dumb some of these pinko's are. I guess it will take another horrific action to wake up some of these pinko's.

All League
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets]Are you for real? I guess you had the same reaction to these jerkoffs on 9/11.

I just do not understand how dumb some of these pinko's are. I guess it will take another horrific action to wake up some of these pinko's.[/QUOTE]
    Boynton not sure if they are pinko's or just kids with no idea of how dangerous this world we live in is. Yes I am a Republican and support our efforts in Iraq. That said I greave for the loss of life there of both American youth and the Iraq civilians at the same time this war is a necessary evil. If people want to believe it is over oil let them just remember there is a focus not on american soil by those that want to destroy our way of life taking place there and that is a major issue and I believe tactic of our War on terror.

I hope you guys don't mind if I move this thread to the political forum

If anyone wants to continue this conversation, just hop on over to the [COLOR=Red]Politics and World Events[/COLOR] forum

Thanks
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-01-2007 at 04:04 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TRAVIS BICKLE]What the Hell did the Scots do to anyone :huh:[/QUOTE]

We have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq as part of the UK armed forces. It seems that extremists are now targeting all countries in the UK for terror attacks, not just England as in the past.

There is also speculation that the timing of this attack was influenced by the fact that the new Prime Minister of the UK, Gordon Brown, is Scottish.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 07-01-2007 at 03:25 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]Not a car bomb. A car crashed into the terminal at the airport. They are still investigating apparently.[/QUOTE]

Seems it was an attempted car-bomb, which failed explode as intended. It's being linked to the attempted car-bomb attempts in London a couple of days ago. Similar M.O - car, filled with highly flammable materials and packed with nails, driven into a busy public place.

First team we have seen this type of attack in Scotland. Previous attacks have been limted to England, London mostly.

The IRA, for example, never attacked Scotland due to the close historical and cultural links between Scotland and Ireland. But, with the new wave of Islamic extemism, it seems that there will be no such discrimination between England and the rest of the UK. It looks like we are all now targets.

Very scary to think what could have happened if they had succeeded in getting inside the terminal, and if the car had exploded as planned. The school holidays have just started here, so the terminal was packed with families heading off for their summer break.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68]Boynton not sure if they are pinko's or just kids with no idea of how dangerous this world we live in is. Yes I am a Republican and support our efforts in Iraq. That said I greave for the loss of life there of both American youth and the Iraq civilians at the same time this war is a necessary evil. If people want to believe it is over oil let them just remember there is a focus not on american soil by those that want to destroy our way of life taking place there and that is a major issue and I believe tactic of our War on terror.[/QUOTE]

I got my hysterical response as planned.... yes, it IS a dangerous world... with most European countries experiencing terrorist attacks from various separatist groups for the past 40 years, from Algeria to London to Montreal. I do wonder about some pre-conceived notions here, so some questions:

1) What does the term blowback mean to you?

2) Are you familiar with Ron Paul? Brent Sowcroft? James Baker? Patrick Buchanan? Or any Republican who would be more than happy to debunk the theory of "They hate us for our freedoms - way of life - etc..." They hate us for our policies friends... our policies of supporting repressive regimes throughout the Middle East since the 50's - anyone here familiar with the coup of the Iranian government in 1952 that was fully sponsored by the CIA? I'm not making this **** up... they have very long memories.

3) After 4 years, 3,500 dead soldiers, tens of thousands of Iraqis dead, and the danger of this war expanding beyond the borders of Iraq from a country that NEVER attacked us, was a bulwark against Shiite aggression, and that we sponsored in their war against Iran... can we critically examine just what this administration is doing WITHOUT being labeled a kid, a pinko, unamerican, etc??? How many have to die, how bad does it have to get, until the "true believers" consider another point of view? I could sit here and bore you with credentials i.e. degrees in History, minors in Cultural Anthropology, etc - but then I'd be a damn liberal elitist - which I am so far from. Steaks and cigars on football Sundays *****es. In fact I just got back from Vegas two weeks ago and fired just about every damn automatic rifle under the sun in the middle of the desert.

4) I didn't even want to respond because I've been through these types of arguments in the past, and they are usually exercises in mental masturbation.
    Some random guy on a message board will not convince anyone here that they have bought the war party's line - hook, line and sinker.

5) I read Patrick Buchanan all the time - every column he has put out this year... He is a true Republican, AND he understands history... Was anyone aware that the British were caught in this very same sectarian quagmire in the 1920's? PB will tell you all about it...

6) The one thing we can all agree on, is that there are some very bad folks out there that want to harm us in the US. That is not up for debate. How we respond to it, should be. Whenever some two bit terrorist tries to strike in a Western country, we respond like a bunch of scared whiny *****es - which is JUST what this enemy wants us to do. That's why it's called a TERRORist attack. The only way to fight this in our country is to NOT PANIC, REMAIN VIGILANT, and RESPOND WITH INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES.

Our current policies in Iraq are so counterintuitive, I don't know where to begin.

I'm headed back to the main Jets forum and discuss my favorite pro team in all of sports...

[QUOTE=Savage69]Actually you had mine in the Post before you Hillary.. ;)[/QUOTE]

I WAS trying to have some fun in this thread... yes it's a ****ed up situation, and it could have been awful... I think we ALL get that... Savage, what is up with all the wingnuts???

I hate political threads :steamin:

Crap... I just poked around the Political forum... this is blowhard central, it ain't pretty, and I'm getting the hell out of Hannity country. Please save your responses to my previous posts because I am sticking to posting about football. :yes: