Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rangers Sign Gomez AND Drury!

OT: Rangers Sign Gomez AND Drury!

Gomez and Drury are both Rangers

The Rangers have confirmed they have signed both Scott Gomez AND Chris Drury.

Gomezís deal is believed to be seven years in excess of $7 million-per. No word on the Drury teams.

Naturally, this means Michael Nylanderís tenure in New York is over.

Link on Drury, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Link on Drury, please!
    Link is in my thread...I am absolutely stunned right now. Stanley Cup, here we come!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Omg Please Be True!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212475&hubname=nhl

Rangers are going to be a serious contender next season. This is pretty good for hockey. The Rangers doing well means good things for the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangers ink Gomez and Drury
    Scott Gomez

Scott Gomez

TSN.ca Staff

7/1/2007 7:40:12 PM

The New York Rangers have made a major impact in the free agent market, signing forwards Scott Gomez and Chris Drury.

Gomez signed a seven year, $51.5 million contract, while details of Drury's contract are still unknown.

Gomez appeared in 72 games for the New Jersey Devils in 2006-07 recording 13 goals, 60 points and 42 penalty minutes.

The Alaska native was drafted by the Devils in the first round, 27th overall, in the 1998 entry draft. He went on to win the Calder Trophy, as the league's best rookie, recording 19 goals and 51 assists in 82 games.

The five-foot-eleven, 200-pound centre won two Stanley Cups with the Devils (2000 and 2003). The 27-year-old has played in 548 regular-season games scoring 116 goals and 450 points in his seven-year career with the Devils.

In international play he has represented the United States at the 2004 World Cup and two World Junior Championships (1998 and 1999).

Drury, 30, is coming off a strong season in which he registered career-highs in goals (37), including nine game-winners, and points (69). Of his eight playoff goals, three were game-winners, giving him 15 for his career.

The seven-year NHL veteran has scored 193 goals and 464 points in 628 career games.

Details to follow.

You're loving this SBIII aren't you.

Is Shanny coming back?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    You're loving this SBIII aren't you.
    the hair on my neck is standing. Sather you RAT Bstard I fukcign LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isles fans must be pretty upset. Leafs signed Jason Blake (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212474&hubname=)

and the Avalanche look to be close to signing Ryan Symth.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-01-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Is Shanny coming back?
    I believe it is between the Leafs, his hometown team, and Rangers. But why would he want to leave after the signing of Gomez and Drury. Maple Leafs aren't contending for the Cup next season.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-01-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What A Glorious Day!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Isles fans must be pretty upset. Leafs signed Jason Blake (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212474&hubname=) and I the Avalache look to be close to signing Ryan Symth.
    I don't care anymore.

Drury got $7.05 and Gomez got $7.36... I think the Rangers might be getting themselves in a bit of trouble. They better be good.

Also Scott Niedermayer Is about to announce he is retiring.

Gomez is over rated. Drury is a great pickup

Jets Insider VIP
    That's flat out just fn awesome news...

Both the Devils and the Isles took huge steps backwards today.

Here is an image I seen on a Devils fan forum. Pretty funny. You Devils fans can go ahead and use this...

Veteran
    Doesn't Jager make 5million too?
    That's 19 million to three offensive players in a 50 million cap.

No defense=no cup

All League

Hopefully this will be enough to keep Jagr happy enough to stick around a few more years.