Thread: being an islander fan

being an islander fan

it just sucks, anyone know any good islander sites like this one i can go on, cause i really need 2 vent.... we lose a top defensemen, and the only 2 guys on the team who can score.... and sign one ok player... it just sucks being an islander fan

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't be surprised if your suffering ends soon. I may need to take a deep breath here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders are playing in another city in a few years. This franchise has been on shaky ground for a while and now they're owned by a chinese computer guru who probably doesn't know what icing is and are managed by a back-up goalie. The Islanders had no shot at signng any big names yesterday, no matter how much money they were throwing around. They got nothing for blake and mortgaged the future on Smyth to win one playoff game. Don't blame Smyth, he never asked to come here. He played his heart out but there was no way he was staying.

If you were a free agent, would you want to come to the Islanders?

Wang is gonna get sick of this and unload the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66
    it just sucks, anyone know any good islander sites like this one i can go on, cause i really need 2 vent.... we lose a top defensemen, and the only 2 guys on the team who can score.... and sign one ok player... it just sucks being an islander fan
    hockeysfuture.com

go to the islanders message board

Jets Insider VIP
    www.hfboards.com

go to the Islanders section. Probably the biggest hockey board out there. Thousands of posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    I wouldn't be surprised if your suffering ends soon. I may need to take a deep breath here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders are playing in another city in a few years. This franchise has been on shaky ground for a while and now they're owned by a chinese computer guru who probably doesn't know what icing is and are managed by a back-up goalie. The Islanders had no shot at signng any big names yesterday, no matter how much money they were throwing around. They got nothing for blake and mortgaged the future on Smyth to win one playoff game. Don't blame Smyth, he never asked to come here. He played his heart out but there was no way he was staying.

If you were a free agent, would you want to come to the Islanders?

Wang is gonna get sick of this and unload the team.

i dunno where they could really move... its strange a team plays in the same palce for so long then moves.... when they dropped yashin i thought they were headed in the right direction...i dunno, if i was a free agent... id think about it LI is a nice place to live, they have a decent farm system, a coach people want to play for... and i dunno, maybe if they get one or two decent guys people will wanna come 2 a winner
    but i def dont see them moving

flushingjet
    well, if they dont eventually land in hartford (or hamilton, ont, or cleveland)
    theres always merge/contraction with a dispersal draft

maybe ratner will let ice be laid down, who knows

too many teams in ny and too many teams in the nhl

Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    well, if they dont eventually land in hartford (or hamilton, ont, or cleveland)
    theres always merge/contraction with a dispersal draft

maybe ratner will let ice be laid down, who knows

too many teams in ny and too many teams in the nhl
    they shouldve stopped expanding at the lighting, no need for thrashers wild blue jacket and predators

I think theres another site called Islandermania.com or Islandersmania.com

This weekend is a statement. This once proud franchise needs to be taken out back and shot

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    I think theres another site called Islandermania.com or Islandersmania.com

This weekend is a statement. This once proud franchise needs to be taken out back and shot
    if mike milbury never met the nyi theyd be miuch better off

Jets Insider VIP
    No one wants to play in Nassau Colisseum.

The only good thing about playing for the Islanders is at least you get to play 41 games away from it.

Between this ownership group and the last one, where do you start?

Mike Millbury
    Yashin signing
    Peter Laviolette firing
    Garth Snow as GM?
    Smyth fiasco

whats next?

I thought and I still think the Smyth trade was a good move- the Islanders were going to lose a good amount of talent this summer and no top FA's were going to want to come to the NVMC- it is such a dump! At the deadline the Isles were a middle of the pack team, well within being capable of making a run with the right parts. The Simon suspension seemed to break the team, and keep them in this 5 game elimination in the first round mode that we have seen since the Darcy Tucker hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lewis 57
    I thought and I still think the Smyth trade was a good move- the Islanders were going to lose a good amount of talent this summer and no top FA's were going to want to come to the NVMC- it is such a dump! At the deadline the Isles were a middle of the pack team, well within being capable of making a run with the right parts. The Simon suspension seemed to break the team, and keep them in this 5 game elimination in the first round mode that we have seen since the Darcy Tucker hit.
    The Chris Simon Curse lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    The Chris Simon Curse lives on.
    they were like the 5th or 6th seed before that, then they went totally downhill...