Thread: Oliver Perez to DL

Veteran

Oliver Perez to DL

Oliver Perez has been placed on the 15 day DL and Jason Vargas has been called up from AAA. Vargas has started 1 game thios year and lasted 7 IP while giving up 5 runs (2 HR's) with only 2 K's

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin
    Oliver Perez has been placed on the 15 day DL and Jason Vargas has been called up from AAA. Vargas has started 1 game thios year and lasted 7 IP while giving up 5 runs (2 HR's) with only 2 K's
    This is a problem for one reason. It may keep the Mets from putting quite a bit of distance between them and the Braves and/or Phillies. The Braves are out on the Coast playing the Dodgers. The Mets have a good opportunity playing the Rockies and Astros to increase their lead while the Dodgers and Padres have fun with the Braves. Having two starters out in the rotation during this time hurts and puts pressure on the other regulars to perform. Glavine's night tonight didn't help anything, that's for sure.

However, I don't think the Mets will lose ground going into the All-Star break, atleast not significantly. The kick in the a$$ is not being able to increase their lead if they don't perform well.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Sosa's definitely missing a start, right? I sure hope that's it. I haven't heard anything more on Duaner. Is there hope for a sighting this year? If we can bolster the pen I wonder if Willie would start Heilmann midseason. Hopefully Williams won't take that long to get ready. Hurry up, Pedro.

Edit: The Record has Perez back on the 12th, and Sosa the 16th. Daily News says Dave Williams must be activated by 7/22. Seems to be doing OK in New Orleans. Maybe the end for Sele?
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 07-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Sosa's definitely missing a start, right? I sure hope that's it. I haven't heard anything more on Duaner. Is there hope for a sighting this year? If we can bolster the pen I wonder if Willie would start Heilmann midseason. Hopefully Williams won't take that long to get ready. Hurry up, Pedro.

Edit: The Record has Perez back on the 12th, and Sosa the 16th. Daily News says Dave Williams must be activated by 7/22. Seems to be doing OK in New Orleans. Maybe the end for Sele?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Sele is going to get a start. The Mets need to hang on to the lead going into the All-Star break at worst.

Damnit, I didn't bench him on my fantasy team this week.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I hope its just a precaution like he said in the Daily News today... this kid has the stuff

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lewis 57
    I hope its just a precaution like he said in the Daily News today... this kid has the stuff
    Both of which (Perez, Sosa) are expected back as the Mets come out of the All-Star Break.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Pedro news

Just heard on 1050 ESPN Radio that Pedro threw 50 pitches in a simulated game. He will begin the "next phase" of rehab after a week to 10 days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Just heard on 1050 ESPN Radio that Pedro threw 50 pitches in a simulated game. He will begin the "next phase" of rehab after a week to 10 days.

we need him healthy and back.......

before the trade deadline we also need to look into upgrading our pen and our bench.....unless an upgrade at second base can be had as well.