Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: U-20 World Cup

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208

    U-20 World Cup

    I watched Poland beat Brazil today but missed the USA/KOR match, I know it was a 1/1 tie but did anyone get to see it?


    Link for site

    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html


    US is in group D with Poland, Brazil and Korea Rep. Next match is at 5pm in Montreal against Poland. I watched the US U-20 squad play at Lockhart Stadium in Ft Lauderdale against Haiti a few years back, it was fun being one of the only two white Americans in a stadium with 2500 pissed off Haitians (US won ).

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    I watched Poland beat Brazil today but missed the USA/KOR match, I know it was a 1/1 tie but did anyone get to see it?


    Link for site

    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html


    US is in group D with Poland, Brazil and Korea Rep. Next match is at 5pm in Montreal against Poland. I watched the US U-20 squad play at Lockhart Stadium in Ft Lauderdale against Haiti a few years back, it was fun being one of the only two white Americans in a stadium with 2500 pissed off Haitians (US won ).
    Ha, I know what that is like. A few years ago I went to watch Guatemala vs Jamaica at the orange bowl (I got free tickets).

  3. #3
    Is the game on tv?

  4. #4
    Did Italy not qualify? I don't see them in any of the tables.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    Is the game on tv?
    ???

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    ???
    I've been watching tape delays on ESPN U

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    6-1
    I watched it today, the US looked good

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    USA vs Brazil, 7:45pm July 6th in Ottawa.

    If the US beats or ties them they advance. By the looks of things I would go with the US winning group D with Poland taking second.

    Paulie now you can cheer on the US squad since Italy didn't make it

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick

    Paulie now you can cheer on the US squad since Italy didn't make it



    Works for me.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    557
    Mexico beat Portugal today, 2-1

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    So far a good showing by the US squad, hopefully the men side will catch on. Here some highlights

    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/videolist.html

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Next match for the US squad

    11 July - 19:45 TORONTO, USA vs Uruguay

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Man you guys suck. The US is playing their asses off and this is our future players and none of you guys seem to give two ****s less.

    They beat a tough squad from Uruguay today 2-1 in overtime their next match is against Austria in the quarter-finals in Toronto on 14 July not sure of the time yet.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Man you guys suck. The US is playing their asses off and this is our future players and none of you guys seem to give two ****s less.

    They beat a tough squad from Uruguay today 2-1 in overtime their next match is against Austria in the quarter-finals in Toronto on 14 July not sure of the time yet.
    I watched the game, though I'm curious, since I only watched in a spanish channel, what was the fight after the final whistle about?

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    I watched the game, though I'm curious, since I only watched in a spanish channel, what was the fight after the final whistle about?
    I didn't see the fight stop watching before it happened I guess I was watching it at work so I miss a few things here and there. I was getting worried the US looked like they were having trouble getting into a rhythm but I like the fact the these young players don't fold up when things don't go their way, that always seems to be a problem with the US squads.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Man you guys suck. The US is playing their asses off and this is our future players and none of you guys seem to give two ****s less.

    They beat a tough squad from Uruguay today 2-1 in overtime their next match is against Austria in the quarter-finals in Toronto on 14 July not sure of the time yet.

    I really wish this tournament was on real ****ing TV.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I really wish this tournament was on real ****ing TV.
    I've been watching all the matches live on ESPN U and they also are showing replays all the time.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    An American is getting some respect in the WC voting

    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/

    Freddy Adu is second in voting for best player so far.


    Here is a vid of the fight (just pushing and shoving) it was started by Uruguay, I don't know how I missed it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHbCfMuAE4
    Last edited by New York Mick; 07-12-2007 at 05:14 PM.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    An American is getting some respect in the WC voting

    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/

    Freddy Adu is second in voting for best player so far.


    Here is a vid of the fight (just pushing and shoving) it was started by Uruguay, I don't know how I missed it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHbCfMuAE4

    Damn it vote for Adu people.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us