Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Store opening up this fall!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

NHL Store opening up this fall!!!!!

Nov 16, 2006 18:44 ET
    NHL and Reebok Announce Fall 2007 Opening of Retail Store

NEW YORK, NY and CANTON, MA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- November 16, 2006 --The National Hockey League (NHL) and Reebok today announced plans to open a flagship retail store in New York City, N.Y. in fall, 2007. The 6,700-square-foot retail store will be located at 1185 Avenue of the Americas, at the corner of 47th Street, in midtown Manhattan.

"We have wanted to open an NHL store for a long time and now the timing is right," said Brian Jennings, Executive Vice President, NHL Consumer Products Marketing and Retail Operations. "The store's location, size and product offering, as well as our partnership with Reebok, all will serve to enhance the NHL brand, promote our players and offer hockey fans a unique multi-sensory shopping experience."

"The NHL has some of the most dedicated and passionate fans in all of sports," said Matt O'Toole, President and Chief Executive Officer, Reebok Canada. "This venture will allow our brand to reach those consumers in new and exciting ways and will also serve to reinforce Reebok's relationship with the NHL."

The NHL and RBK store will carry a wide selection of NHL-licensed and Reebok branded apparel, outerwear, footwear and equipment.

CB Richard Ellis represented the NHL in the lease.

About the NHL

The National Hockey League, founded in 1917, is the second oldest of the four major team sports leagues in North America. Today, the NHL consists of 30 Member Clubs, each reflecting the League's international makeup, with players from more than 20 countries represented on team rosters. According to a Simmons Market Research study, NHL fans are educated, tech-savvy and the youngest of all of the fans of any other professional sport. The NHL entertains more than 100 million fans each season in-arena and through its national television -- VERSUS, NBC, TSN, CBC, RDS, RIS, NHL Network and HDNet -- and radio -- Sirius and XM Radio -- partners. Through the NHL Foundation, the League's charitable arm, the NHL raises money and awareness for Hockey Fights Cancer, Hockey's All-Star Kids and NHL Diversity, and supports the charitable efforts of all NHL players. For more information on the NHL, log on to NHL.com.

About Reebok

Reebok International, based in Canton, Mass., is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of sports, fitness and casual footwear, apparel and equipment. A subsidiary of the adidas Group, the company operates under the Reebok, CCM, Jofa, and Koho brands. For more information, visit Reebok at www.rbk.com.

NHL is a registered trademark and the NHL Shield is a trademark of the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.
    I know this is from November but I just saw it today, when I was in the city. Its right next to SNY's studios. There is a huge NHL logo on it. I cannot wait for this to open!!

Too bad everyone else can. Move to hockey forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Post POLICE!

Real men like Hockey!

How about an NFL Store in Manhattan? The NBA and now the NHL will have their own. It makes sense and it would probably do quite well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by timman19
    How about an NFL Store in Manhattan? The NBA and now the NHL will have their own. It makes sense and it would probably do quite well.
    Good call!! I'm not putting the NHL down since I'm a fan,but a NFL store would be a major cash cow in the middle of Manhattan. I wonder why they never jumped on that.

Veteran

...and closing this winter!!!!!

Veteran
    I was reading an article in the Sporting News where game 5 of the NHL finals received a 1.8 rating...lower than a "telenovela" on a spanish TV channel. Even here in southern california when the Ducks won the Cup the Kobe story was on the front page and the Ducks were relegated to the bottom or page 2. People out here at least find it hard to relate to hockey since we have no connection to it...its not like we can go outside and play hockey like we can football, baseball, and basketball.

Take that, Stanley

Gold Cup TV ratings 41 percent higher than NHL final

NEW YORK (AP) -- The CONCACAF Gold Cup final attracted 41 percent more television households in the United States than the Stanley Cup finals clincher -- and that was just for the soccer game's Spanish-language telecast.

The United States' 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Mexico on Sunday received a 2.5 fast national rating on Univision, the network said Tuesday. That translates to 2.83 million households, nearly double the 1.48 million homes that watched the 2005 Gold Cup final between the United States and Panama.

which is available in about 30 million homes and is not rated.

Anaheim's series-ending 6-2 victory over Ottawa in the Stanley Cup on June 6 received a 1.8 rating on NBC, which comes to 2,005,000 households.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and a ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

Jets Insider VIP
    And who cares about ratings like I said? The NHL does fine without you guys.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    And who cares about ratings like I said? The NHL does fine without you guys.
    I'm quite sure the NHL cares...I'm guessing having the finals on OLN?? Isn't exactly good for the growth of the sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan
    I'm quite sure the NHL cares...I'm guessing having the finals on OLN?? Isn't exactly good for the growth of the sport.
    No actually, it's now Versus. And it's on NBC...but who the hell has ever heard of NBC?

Veteran
    See they've done such a good job of promotion that I forgot it changed to Versus (whatever that is). Oh and correct me if I'm wrong....but didn't NBC only broadcast games 3, 4 and 5? Who ever heard of a major sport splitting their champioship series between 2 networks? One of them no one ever heard of?

Jets Insider VIP
    See they've done such a good job of promotion that I forgot it changed to Versus (whatever that is). Oh and correct me if I'm wrong....but didn't NBC only broadcast games 3, 4 and 5? Who ever heard of a major sport splitting their champioship series between 2 networks? One of them no one ever heard of?
    well obviously the NHL is bigger over here than Cali.

Veteran
    SB...thats what I'm trying to say, they need to promote their game more. I actually really like Hockey but they've done a horrible job of promoting it. My cable doesnt even have Versus. They need to promote the hell out of Crosby like they did with #99 back in the day to gain the national exposure they need. When the great one was here in LA everyone talked about hockey. Stars sell the sport and I think the hockey mentality of team first hurts their marketing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Hockey = Not a real sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Hockey = Not a real sport.
    haha...probably the most physical sport. Not a sport??? EXPLAIN.

Banned
    And what about the decision by NBC to cut away from a Stanley Cup overtime game so they could show the 1 hour pre-race program for the Kentucky derby.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    haha...probably the most physical sport. Not a sport??? EXPLAIN.
    Hockey = NASCAR

Neither are real sports.