Thread: The latest Bush flip-flop

All Pro

The latest Bush flip-flop

"Why is the President flip-flopping? Why does Scooter Libby get special treatment?"

-- Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE), noting that just last year, the Bush administration filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the Supreme Court in an attempt to uphold a lower court's ruling that a 33 month prison sentence for Victor Rita, who was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice, was reasonable.

Yet Bush commuted Libby's prison sentence of 30 months for perjery and obstruction of justice yesterday because it was "excessive."

Also:

"I donít believe my role is to replace the verdict of a jury with my own, unless there are new facts or evidence of which a jury was unaware, or evidence that the trial was somehow unfair."

-- George W. Bush, writing in his autobiography, A Charge to Keep.

Texas style justice

Paris Hilton = 1 misdemeanor = 23 days in jail

Scooter Libber = 4 felonies = 0 days in jail
    Last edited by King Ryan; 07-04-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius
    "I donít believe my role is to replace the verdict of a jury with my own, unless there are new facts or evidence of which a jury was unaware, or evidence that the trial was somehow unfair."

Juries decide guilt or innocence, judges hand down sentencing. Bush did not pardon, he commuted a sentence.

Maybe your autobiography can detail what it's like to ignore factual distinctions. Seriously, it's been two or three days - are the basics of this issue that hard to grasp?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance
    Juries decide guilt or innocence, judges hand down sentencing. Bush did not pardon, he commuted a sentence.

Maybe your autobiography can detail what it's like to ignore factual distinctions. Seriously, it's been two or three days - are the basics of this issue that hard to grasp?

for the looney left?? yes- ask him what he thinks happened on 9-11 and "Bush's knowledge" beforehand....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    for the looney left?? yes- ask him what he thinks happened on 9-11 and "Bush's knowledge" beforehand....
    Feelings are facts in some quarters.

JetsFan2012
    Did you seriously just compare Paris Hilton to Scooter Libby?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance

ok so what will be your response when he pardons him eventually?

Hall Of Fame
    I'll applaud. Then I'll ask why Armitage got off scot-free.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius
    "Why is the President flip-flopping? Why does Scooter Libby get special treatment?"

-- Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE), noting that just last year, the Bush administration filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the Supreme Court in an attempt to uphold a lower court's ruling that a 33 month prison sentence for Victor Rita, who was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice, was reasonable.

Yet Bush commuted Libby's prison sentence of 30 months for perjery and obstruction of justice yesterday because it was "excessive."

Also:

Texas style justice

Paris Hilton = 1 misdemeanor = 23 days in jail

Scooter Libber = 4 felonies = 0 days in jail
    hey champ, why dont you take a look at theis list before you go complaining:

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm