Thread: Prucha sings with Blueshirts!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend

Prucha signs with Blueshirts!!!

BLUESHIRTS, PRUCHA AGREE TO TERMS ON CONTRACT

Petr Prucha, a key member of the Rangers for the past two seasons, will be back for more in 2007-08 after signing a new contract on Thursday.

7/5/2007

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Petr Prucha.

Prucha, 24, appeared in 79 games with the Rangers this past season, registering 22 goals and 18 assists for 40 points, along with 30 penalty minutes. While establishing career-highs in games played (79) and assists (18), Prucha ranked first in goals (22) among all players in the NHL averaging less than 13:00 of total ice-time per game.

He also finished the season tied for third on the Blueshirts with eight power play goals. On Mar. 31 at Philadelphia, Prucha netted his 20th goal of the season, becoming the first Ranger to score 20-plus goals in his first two NHL seasons since Alex Kovalev (1992-93 to 1993-94).

The 6-0, 175-pound forward has skated in 147 career games with the Rangers, recording 87 points (52 goals and 35 assists) and 62 penalty minutes. Over the last two seasons, Prucha has tallied 52 goals, which ranks fourth among the 2005-06 rookies (Ovechkin 98, Crosby 75, Vanek 68). In 2005-06, Prucha set the Rangers rookie record for most power play goals in a single season (16) and also became the seventh rookie in franchise history to reach the 30-goal plateau.

Prior to joining the Rangers, Prucha skated in 164 career games with HC Moeller Pardubice of the Czechd Championships, collecting three goals and one assist for four points, along with six penalty minutes. His three goals tied for third on the team. In seven games at the U-20 tournament, he tallied one goal and accumulated two penalty minutes.

A native of Pardubice, Czech Republic, Prucha was originally the Rangers eighth round choice, 240th overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
    Very good kid, atleast hes going to be. For some reason hes one of my favs cuz I met him and got his auto his rookie year.
    Last edited by SBIII; 07-05-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great news. Based on your thread, at first I thought the Rangers were doing karaoke somewhere.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    haha Pru-cha! Pru-cha!

Jets Insider VIP
    Prucha is one of the big up and comers in the NHL.

I personally think he should add on a little bit of weight so he can withstand the wear and tear of a full season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Read an interesting Prucha stat this morning. Prucha had the most goals in the NHL last year among all players who averaged less than 13 minutes of ice time per game. Good stat. Which means Prucha is a perfect 3rd liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    Read an interesting Prucha stat this morning. Prucha had the most goals in the NHL last year among all players who averaged less than 13 minutes of ice time per game. Good stat. Which means Prucha is a perfect 3rd liner.

I saw that today as well.....I agree he is perfect for the 3rd line.....Tough little SOB as well......

1940! Potvin is the man!!!!!!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by meatboy
    Thats all u say. ur a loser.

Jets Insider VIP
    1983!!! Potvin is the man who beat his wife!!!! And Nystrom beat up service station attendants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    1983!!! Potvin is the man who beat his wife!!!! And Nystrom beat up service station attendants!!!
    Say what you want about Potvin, he led the Islanders to four cups in a row. If Potvin led the Rags to four in a row, you guys would love him!

Jets Insider VIP
    Say what you want about Potvin, he led the Islanders to four cups in a row. If Potvin led the Rags to four in a row, you guys would love him!
    How old were you when that happened?

Jets Insider VIP
    A good move and great to hear.

Is it me or does it seem like Sather has finally hit his stride with this team?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked
    A good move and great to hear.

Is it me or does it seem like Sather has finally hit his stride with this team?
    I think he has but I also think a lot of the credit has to go to Donny Maloney. I think he helped re-shape Sathers approach to building a team in New York. Or maybe he simply reminded Sather how he built his great Oiler teams in the 80's.

In any event, the challenge facing the Rangers now is signing Lundqvist (they don't want to reach arbitration. That will only lead to bad feelings for next year), Shanahan, Avery and, hopefully, Hossa. I'm not 100% comfortable with the D for next year. I like Rozival, Mara, Tyutin, and Girardi but as most of you know, I can't stand Marek Malik. Much to my chagrin, it appears he's here for one more year. I can only hope that Sather finds a team desperate for a big but soft D-man who's willing to take him for a prospect/pick or a decent 3-4 D-man. Staal should be here this season and maybe Sanguinetti, although not likely until February/March, if at all. I'm also not opposed to Tomas Pock. I feel he has a lot of upside.