Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: purely hypothetical trade...would you do it?

Banned

purely hypothetical trade...would you do it?

pelfrey, humber, milledge for alex rodriguez????

just curious to see whether or not you guys would do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    pelfrey, humber, milledge for alex rodriguez????

just curious to see whether or not you guys would do it.
    Yes. Humber is the only one I'd be sad to see go but you can buy pitching on the free agent market ..... you can't buy an ARod.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWT
    Yes. Humber is the only one I'd be sad to see go but you can buy pitching on the free agent market ..... you can't buy an ARod.
    It's actually the opposite. You probably can find A-Rod on the market next year, yet stud aces never hit the market. Who was the last true ace to hit the free agency market in his prime?

That being said that deal has to be done.

Banned
    i wonder if yankees fans would do this????

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    It's actually the opposite. You probably can find A-Rod on the market next year, yet stud aces never hit the market. Who was the last true ace to hit the free agency market in his prime?

I agree to an extent but you're taking what I said as if Humber will definitely be a stud. I see you agree with the trade also but this would essentially be two highly respected prospects who have amounted to absolutely nothing so far, and another prospect who we haven't seen yet for ARod; the best hitter in MLB history.

And I stand by what I said; you can buy a slugger in any given off season, you can't buy but one ARod. The guy is just a lock to do what he always does ..... every year. He's the best hitter ever.

i wonder if yankees fans would do this????
    Are you kidding? Unless you are on crack, you'd laugh at this trade from a Yankee perspective.

edit: I shouldn't say "are you kidding." If the Yankees believe they have no chance of making the playoffs, it isn't a horrible trade. There's not a chance in hell I'd accept though.
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 07-05-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3

You can find one of the greatest players of all time in their prime in next years market? Who?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Are you kidding? Unless you are on crack, you'd laugh at this trade from a Yankee perspective.

edit: I shouldn't say "are you kidding." If the Yankees believe they have no chance of making the playoffs, it isn't a horrible trade. There's not a chance in hell I'd accept though.

it's not only that i don't think the yankees will make the playoffs, the yankees need to dump some salary and build-up a bit. i doubt arod is a yankee much longer anyway.....and i'm assuming he has a no-trade clause and the mets would be a team he would likely waive it for (although i'm not 100% sure on the no-trade thing). one thing i probably wouldn't do is give the yankees maine or perez. gomez could be included in a trade though.

All League
    it's not only that i don't think the yankees will make the playoffs, the yankees need to dump some salary and build-up a bit. i doubt arod is a yankee much longer anyway.....and i'm assuming he has a no-trade clause and the mets would be a team he would likely waive it for (although i'm not 100% sure on the no-trade thing). one thing i probably wouldn't do is give the yankees maine or perez. gomez could be included in a trade though.
    You could throw in maine or perez and the Yankees would not even consider it. Pelfrey is so overrated its not even funny. Humber I like but Lastings has too much baggage, and really not a hot prospect these days. Maine is a nice 4th starter. Not an impact guy that would help get an Arod in a trade.

Nobody is actually proven on this trade proposal.

All League
    Throw in Ledee and the Yanks do it......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    You can find one of the greatest players of all time in their prime in next years market? Who?
    ARod when he walks away from his Yankee contract due to the out clause he has.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    You could throw in maine or perez and the Yankees would not even consider it. Pelfrey is so overrated its not even funny. Humber I like but Lastings has too much baggage, and really not a hot prospect these days. Maine is a nice 4th starter. Not an impact guy that would help get an Arod in a trade.

You honestly think the Yanks wouldn't take Maine and Perez if they felt ARod was opting out this winter?

Maine may be the best pitcher in NY.

All Pro
    where is arod gonna play, thats the only reason id decline but if he was hypothetically a 2nd baseman or wright was able to be a 2nd basement id do it in a heart beat

Hall Of Fame

As he is pitching lites out on his way to a 10-4 record and 2.7something era. Yup, very 4th starter like

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    As he is pitching lites out on his way to a 10-4 record and 2.7something era. Yup, very 4th starter like
    cmon hes a yankee fan take it easy on him...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    cmon hes a yankee fan take it easy on him...

Hall Of Fame

4th starter lol

All Pro
    ...Maine is a nice 4th starter. Not an impact guy...
    This is just about signature-worthy. Maine's soon-to-be 10 wins after tonight, 90+ Ks and sub 3 era before the ASB say otherwise.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    This is just about signature-worthy. Maine's soon-to-be 10 wins after tonight, 90+ Ks and sub 3 era before the ASB say otherwise.
    Im pretty sure KoolJet was clearly doing a TX impresion just to get us Met fans riled up. If not, and he actually believes what he typed, we'll he clearly is dellusional.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    one would at least think he said this in april, not yesterday. christ.