Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraq is costing US taxpayers $12,000,000/month

Iraq is costing US taxpayers $12,000,000/month

Iraq is costing US taxpayers $12,000,000/month

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/.../us_iraq_costs[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder when those camel jockey sand eating retards are going to pay us back? Never?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]Iraq is costing US taxpayers $12,000,000/month

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/.../us_iraq_costs[/url][/QUOTE]

:confused:

That seems awfully low. The link doesn't work, perhaps you mean 12,000,000,000/month?

[QUOTE=parafly]:confused:

That seems awfully low. The link doesn't work, perhaps you mean 12,000,000,000/month?[/QUOTE]
    Absurdly low. YellowSub can cut and paste, but he has the contextual understanding of an Orwellian farm animal. "Four legs good, two legs bad".

Just more proof that Bush is a dangerous radical and not a "fiscal conservative." Even if he were a fiscal conservative I would have a prob with him, because I'm not one, but it just proves that Bush is a major departure from both Democratic and Republican presidents of the past.... he's just in his own little world.

And it's sad that we can spend this much on Iraq, but God forbid we have health care for Americans. When I pay taxes I expect them to be spent on making America better, not this pointless, endless Iraq War that only profits Bush&Pals.

[QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]When I pay taxes I expect them to be spent on making America better, not this pointless, endless Iraq War that only profits Bush&Pals.[/QUOTE]
    When are you going to start paying taxes, when mom institutes the couch tax?

Being anti-Bush does not make you anti-America. It's because I'm pro-America that I'm anti-Bush.... I barely recognize the country I was taught to love. Read any of my posts and you'll see how pro-America I am. I've never even bought a foreign car for heaven's sake!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]Being anti-Bush does not make you anti-America. It's because I'm pro-America that I'm anti-Bush.... I barely recognize the country I was taught to love. Read any of my posts and you'll see how pro-America I am. [B]I've never even bought a foreign car for heaven's sake[/B]![/QUOTE]

Gee, then I guess you must hate the environment. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]Being anti-Bush does not make you anti-America. [/QUOTE]

Yes it does. If you will not exalt our glorious leader than you are with "them".

Besides, being "anti-Bush" just doesn't make sense. Do you really think Bush is solely responsible for the clusterf*ck in Washington? He is just a puppet as is any president or presidential candidate. To think otherwise is foolish(thanks Grandma)...

[QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]Being anti-Bush does not make you anti-America. It's because I'm pro-America that I'm anti-Bush.... [/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Most of the (very few) people still supporting Bush loathed Bill Clinton with a passion during the 1990s. Were they anti-American then? No, they were just expressing their democratic right to disagree with and protest the actions of our leaders.

Protest --and a vital opposition-- is essential to any democracy.

They hate Bill Clinton cause he slowed down the extremists movement that has now run its course.

Also there will be a lot of republican clatter when it comes time to pay for healthcare. They will claim that we cannot afford it. The war in Iraq has done a lot for us. We now know that we can afford to fix health care, foreign policy, education and the infrastructure once this debacle is over.

I wonder if 12,000,000/month could go towards helping Americans with no health insurance???

Nahhhhh, that money is better spent bringing Democracy to a nation that does not want it.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]I wonder if 12,000,000/month could go towards helping Americans with no health insurance???

Nahhhhh, that money is better spent bringing Democracy to a nation that does not want it.[/QUOTE]
    Hey Dr. Kenny, the Iraq War costs a heck of a lot more than 12,000,000 a month.

Not only should you know this off the top of your head, but it's already been covered in this one-page thread. Your thinking needs a bandage.

[QUOTE=sackdance]Hey Dr. Kenny, the Iraq War costs a heck of a lot more than 12,000,000 a month.

Not only should you know this off the top of your head, but it's already been covered in this one-page thread. Your thinking needs a bandage.[/QUOTE]

Great wasting even more money on a pipe dream instead of on Americans who could use it :yes:

That's 12 billion a month. Billion with a B.

$144 billion a year. Ultimately our ventures inthe Middle East will amount to around a trillion.

Imagine if our Government had just spent $1 trillion developing alternative energy sources. We might ALL have had hybrids by now that function just as well as gasoline-only cars and we wouldn't have to be in the Middle East right now, further provoking the backlash of terrorism and erosion of civil liberties. Hell we might still have had habeus corpus.

When will financial sanity be restored to the America consciousness?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey]Imagine if our Government had just spent $1 trillion developing alternative energy sources.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.outatime.it/public/40-mr_fusion.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey]That's 12 billion a month. Billion with a B.

$144 billion a year. Ultimately our ventures inthe Middle East will amount to around a trillion.

Imagine if our Government had just spent $1 trillion developing alternative energy sources. We might ALL have had hybrids by now that function just as well as gasoline-only cars and we wouldn't have to be in the Middle East right now, further provoking the backlash of terrorism and erosion of civil liberties. Hell we might still have had habeus corpus.

When will [B]financial sanity be restored to the America consciousness[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Not with XOM and other war profiteers at the table

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey]

When will financial sanity be restored to the America consciousness?[/QUOTE]
    [Url="http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QAD5LG1&show_article=1"]Deficit halved since 2004[/Url]

Tell us some more about how Iraq is bankrupting the US, MathCrazey.

How much does Social Security and Medicare cost per month?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=angry jets fan]How much does Social Security and Medicare cost per month?[/QUOTE]

never mind welfare and a zillion other entitlement programs for able bodied people who can work yet are not willing....