Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: King Henrik signs 1 year deal.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Rangers ink King Henrik to a new contract

    I Just heard it on WFAN, but I didn't hear any details of the contract

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too!
    They threw it into 'the update' so matter-of-factly!!!

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY brief Daily News item
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...lundqvist.html

    The Rangers have made it official, announcing the re-signing of Henrik Lundqvist a couple of minutes ago. The sides struck a compromise deal (one year in the $2.5-3 million range) that will enable the Rangers to remain under the cap this season with the understanding that they'll hammer out a long-term deal in January.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!
    VERY brief Daily News item
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...lundqvist.html

    The Rangers have made it official, announcing the re-signing of Henrik Lundqvist a couple of minutes ago. The sides struck a compromise deal (one year in the $2.5-3 million range) that will enable the Rangers to remain under the cap this season with the understanding that they'll hammer out a long-term deal in January.
    According to TSN, it was a $4.25M one year contract. They need to hammer out a long term deal now, not in January. Negotiating contracts during the season is not constructive. I know they want to keep the cap down for this year but there's no reason they can't structure a contract now with escalating salaries.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213269&hubname=
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-11-2007 at 01:14 PM.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    King Henrik signs 1 year deal.


  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not see this thread, sorry. Im so friggin happy. He understands our problem right now, and he is a great sport about it. He will get his pay day oh man will he. We still have room to sign Avery before his Arb date.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did not see the other thread sorry. Lock or Merge.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hank!!!

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love him even more if he signed a 3 year deal though.

    Cue "Moved" in 3,2,1....

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!!

    The King is staying put, for this year anyway.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    5,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    According to TSN, it was a $4.25M one year contract. They need to hammer out a long term deal now, not in January. Negotiating contracts during the season is not constructive. I know they want to keep the cap down for this year but there's no reason they can't structure a contract now with escalating salaries.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213269&hubname=

    They hammer out a deal and agree to it on January 1st so it won't count against the cap until next year.

    I remember reading that, but can't find where.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    According to TSN, it was a $4.25M one year contract. They need to hammer out a long term deal now, not in January. Negotiating contracts during the season is not constructive. I know they want to keep the cap down for this year but there's no reason they can't structure a contract now with escalating salaries.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213269&hubname=
    Doesn't matter the average of the contract counts agains the cap.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    They hammer out a deal and agree to it on January 1st so it won't count against the cap until next year.

    I remember reading that, but can't find where.
    That's true, that's why I mentioned hammering out a long term deal, keeping the first year figure lower and escalating in the ensuing years. It just scares me to think of waiting until January. That could give all the leverage to Lundqvist if he's having a great year (which I would hope for, of course) and put the Rangers in a bind for next year and thereafter.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    They cant talk until January and if they dont hammer out a long term deal then, they are ****ed

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    They cant talk until January and if they dont hammer out a long term deal then, they are ****ed
    I believe he would still be a RFA if they don't hammer one out. Then of course it's match other offers or get #1 picks. In Lundqvist's case, that would probably be 4 #1 picks. I'm not sure anybody would
    be willing to give up that much.

    OFFER COMPENSATION
    $551,076 or below None
    Over $551,076 - $757,729 Third-round choice
    Over $757,729 - $895,498 Second-round choice
    Over $895,498 - $1,102,152 First-round choice
    Over $1,102,152 - $1,377,689 First-and third-round choices
    Over $1,377,689 - $1,653,227 First-and second-round choices
    Over $1,653,227 - $1,928,765 Two first-round choices
    Over $1,928,765 - $2,342,071 Two first-round and one second-round
    Over $2,342,071 Three first-round choices
    Each additional $1,377,689 One additional first-round choice to a maximum of five

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I believe he would still be a RFA if they don't hammer one out. Then of course it's match other offers or get #1 picks. In Lundqvist's case, that would probably be 4 #1 picks. I'm not sure anybody would
    be willing to give up that much.

    OFFER COMPENSATION
    $551,076 or below None
    Over $551,076 - $757,729 Third-round choice
    Over $757,729 - $895,498 Second-round choice
    Over $895,498 - $1,102,152 First-round choice
    Over $1,102,152 - $1,377,689 First-and third-round choices
    Over $1,377,689 - $1,653,227 First-and second-round choices
    Over $1,653,227 - $1,928,765 Two first-round choices
    Over $1,928,765 - $2,342,071 Two first-round and one second-round
    Over $2,342,071 Three first-round choices
    Each additional $1,377,689 One additional first-round choice to a maximum of five
    It's not so much that teams would be willing to give up that much, but teams will do like Edmonton did to Buffalo and go in there with a HUGE number, knowing full well that there isn't any other option for the Rangers but to match it...now, if they let him go, yeah then they get the picks, but the other team gets a damn good goalie too.

    You have to get a deal like that done on Jan 1, because if you don't you are just asking for trouble come July 1.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    It's not so much that teams would be willing to give up that much, but teams will do like Edmonton did to Buffalo and go in there with a HUGE number, knowing full well that there isn't any other option for the Rangers but to match it...now, if they let him go, yeah then they get the picks, but the other team gets a damn good goalie too.

    You have to get a deal like that done on Jan 1, because if you don't you are just asking for trouble come July 1.
    I'll tell you what, I like Hank a lot but 4 #1's would be hard to pass up. Wouldn't the Sabres have gotten 5 #1's if they didn't match the Vanek offer?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS

    Did not see the other thread sorry. Lock or Merge.
    Done

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like
    1940!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I'll tell you what, I like Hank a lot but 4 #1's would be hard to pass up. Wouldn't the Sabres have gotten 5 #1's if they didn't match the Vanek offer?
    I think so...Very hard to pass up, but when you lose as much firepower as they did this year, I don't blame them for wanting to keep him...if they hadnt they would have had trouble getting to the Cap minimum...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us