Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Carter continues to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with tyranical commies...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Carter continues to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with tyranical commies...

[QUOTE][B]Carter asks US to embrace Nepal Maoists [/B]

KATHMANDU: Former US President Jimmy Carter called on his country’s government Saturday to establish relations with Nepal’s former rebel Maoists, who remain on a list of US terrorist organisations.

“My opinion is that the US should establish some communication with the Maoists. The people of Nepal have accepted them as political players,” Carter told journalists at the end of a four-day visit to Nepal. The US remains highly critical of the Maoists, despite the fact they signed a landmark peace deal last year and entered government in April. Earlier this week the US ambassador to Nepal James Moriarty said that the ultra-leftists’ “addiction to violence, extortion and intimidation continues unabated.”

During his visit, Carter met with Prachanda, the Maoist leader whose nom-de-guerre means “the fierce one.” The 82-year-old former president admitted he was worried about the activities of the Young Communist League (YCL), the Maoist youth wing that has frequently been accused of using mafia-like tactics. “I am still concerned about some of the activities of the YCL. My hope is that they will be corrected,” Carter told reporters at a hotel in the capital.

“I have expressed my concern to him (Prachanda) and he has assured me he will do whatever possible to correct the problem,” Carter said. The former president’s Carter Centre has been invited to provide election monitors in crucial polls planned for November. The vote will elect a body that will rewrite Nepal’s constitution and decide the future of the sidelined monarchy. The US embassy in Kathmandu have been at pains to emphasise that Carter is visiting as a private US citizen. afp
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007%5C06%5C17%5Cstory_17-6-2007_pg4_12[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just call him Chamberlain Jr! Peace at any cost Carter!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, I have a better idea. Let's just ignore them so they can get nuclear weapons also......

[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/nostalgicaboutmyfuture/SoDumb.jpg[/IMG]

Time is running out, finally........

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Wait, I have a better idea. Let's just ignore them so they can get nuclear weapons also......

Time is running out, finally........[/QUOTE]

time is running out...you mean for brain dead leftists like you who believe in the following:

[IMG]http://www.conservativecartoons.com/2003/mlkday.gif[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we are Americans. Giving billions to Israel serves what purpose?
    They were not slaves in the USA!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]At least we are Americans. Giving billions to Israel serves what purpose?
    They were not slaves in the USA!!!![/QUOTE]

of it's okay to give $$$$$$ to the Pali's for their contributions to America.....more brilliant leftist logic.... :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]At least we are Americans. Giving billions to Israel serves what purpose?
    This quote shows tremendous ignorance, lack of understanding and is borderline bigotry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]This quote shows tremendous ignorance, lack of understanding and is borderline bigotry.[/QUOTE]

It shows America and Americans First......Don't read anything else into it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]This quote shows tremendous ignorance, lack of understanding and is borderline bigotry.[/QUOTE]
    Why is it bigoted?
    Would it be any more bigoted if he said what purpose is it to give billions of dollars to "name your third world nation" if they cant reciprocate???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It shows America and Americans First......Don't read anything else into it.[/QUOTE]

meanwhile "America first" leftists are silent to the $$$$ of aid and money given to the terrorist pali's.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]meanwhile "America first" leftists are silent to the $$$$ of aid and money given to the terrorist pali's.....[/QUOTE]

Well seeing that we have a republican admin it has to be taken up with them.

I have stated several times here that we need a sane foreign policy. It won't happen with this admin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Why is it bigoted?
    Would it be any more bigoted if he said what purpose is it to give billions of dollars to "name your third world nation" if they cant reciprocate???[/QUOTE]
    The money given to Israel is foreign aid. Our country gives out foreign aid for a reason - to promote our foreign policy. This remark was made in respone to a comment about reparations.

The underlying feeling one gets when reading this kind of a response to a remark about reparations is ,"why is it ok to give the Jews billions of dollars and not the blacks who were slaves in this country?"

I'm sorry but that is a bigoted remark. Foreign aid to Israel is not handing out money to Jews.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Well seeing that we have a republican admin it has to be taken up with them.

I have stated several times here that we need a sane foreign policy. It won't happen with this admin[/QUOTE]

and just like the illegal bombing of kosovo, when the rats where sending $$$ over it didn't matter....the brain dead thinking of a leftist....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]It shows America and Americans First......Don't read anything else into it.[/QUOTE]
    Ya think? No it doesn't say that at all. If you arguing that we should be complete isolationists and not care about anything that goes on in this world outside our shores you would be pretty dumb but that's not what your quotes says.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]and just like the illegal bombing of kosovo, when the rats where sending $$$ over it didn't matter....the brain dead thinking of a leftist....[/QUOTE]

The extremists hate Clinton for slowing down their agenda. Well this time it will be halted for good.

No more idiots in the WH

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The extremists hate Clinton for slowing down their agenda. Well this time it will be halted for good.

No more idiots in the WH[/QUOTE]

oohh...tough words from nutroots....it's worked so well for you morons thus far... :yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Still looking for money for nothing, eh?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

When you receive your reparations check, I hope you give it to one of the descendants of the 350,000 Union soldiers who died to free the slaves.....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Carter asks US to embrace Nepal Maoists KATHMANDU: Former US President Jimmy Carter called on his country’s government Saturday to establish relations with Nepal’s former rebel Maoists, who remain on a list of US terrorist organisations. “My opinion is that the US should establish some communication with the Maoists. The people of Nepal have accepted them as political players,” Carter told journalists at the end of a four-day visit to Nepal. The US remains highly critical of the Maoists, despite the fact they signed a landmark peace deal last year and entered government in April. Earlier this week the US ambassador to Nepal James Moriarty said that the ultra-leftists’ “addiction to violence, extortion and intimidation continues unabated.” During his visit, Carter met with Prachanda, the Maoist leader whose nom-de-guerre means “the fierce one.” The 82-year-old former president admitted he was worried about the activities of the Young Communist League (YCL), the Maoist youth wing that has frequently been accused of using mafia-like tactics. “I am still concerned about some of the activities of the YCL. My hope is that they will be corrected,” Carter told reporters at a hotel in the capital. “I have expressed my concern to him (Prachanda) and he has assured me he will do whatever possible to correct the problem,” Carter said. The former president’s Carter Centre has been invited to provide election monitors in crucial polls planned for November. The vote will elect a body that will rewrite Nepal’s constitution and decide the future of the sidelined monarchy. The US embassy in Kathmandu have been at pains to emphasise that Carter is visiting as a private US citizen. afp[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Uncle Teddy gives Jimmy a ride home tonight.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the whole chorus going here....

[IMG]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/21/Wizard_051121093613245_wideweb__300x282.jpg[/IMG]