Thread: Rangers Salary Cap

Rangers Salary Cap

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/nyr.html

This doesn't look so good for the Rangers...

They shouldn't count Shanny's 2.8 in bonuses towards the 2007 cap, that would count towards 2008 if he achieves those incentives. Also when Kaspar gets sent down his 3 million salary will come off the cap, Rangers have enough room to get Avery under the cap.

All Pro
    they need to squeeze under for the year, get Hank his extension and after this season some contracts come off the book. No worries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    They shouldn't count Shanny's 2.8 in bonuses towards the 2007 cap, that would count towards 2008 if he achieves those incentives. Also when Kaspar gets sent down his 3 million salary will come off the cap, Rangers have enough room to get Avery under the cap.
    Agreed. on both counts. If the "actual cap hit" column means this coming season, the source of this info is uninformed with respect to Shanny.

Also, as many of you know, I hope that Orr and Hollweg's approx. $1M come off when they are replaced by Dane Byers

And can someone explain to me why the Rangers re-signed Jason Strudwick? I understand the concept of "insurance" and having a veteran there just in case but...I noticed when he played at the end of last season that he was very slow, slower than the previous year. He was doing a lot of clutching and grabbing, although getting away with most of it. He's not cut out for today's NHL style and while he's "serviceable," I think there are better options out there. I hope he's not our 6th D-man this year.