Thread: Iraq PM: Iraq can get along fine without the US

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Iraq PM: Iraq can get along fine without the US

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070714/....0..ehrwKs0NUE[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070714/....0..ehrwKs0NUE[/url][/QUOTE]

amazing how your links are "expired" most of the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Neil Diamond]amazing how your links are "expired" most of the time.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go, son... [url]http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/14/iraq.military.ap/index.html[/url]

[QUOTE]Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki shrugged off U.S. doubts of his government's military and political progress Saturday, saying Iraqi forces are capable and [B]American troops can leave "anytime they want."[/B] [/QUOTE]

Awesome. When's the next flight back from Baghdad?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Neil Diamond]amazing how your links are "expired" most of the time.[/QUOTE]
    It puts the lotion in the basket.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Ron Paul said, it was a disaster to go in, and it's a disaster to stay.

I guess the neoconservative branch of the Republican party wants Americans to die. Economically we can't handle it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=YellowSubmarine]Like Ron Paul said, it was a disaster to go in, and it's a disaster to stay.

I guess the [B]neoconservative branch of the Republican party wants Americans to die.[/B] Economically we can't handle it.[/QUOTE]

Hey qualify that; as long as they or their kids don't have to go. When it someone else's kid, we need to wage war at all costs....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Hey qualify that; as long as they or their kids don't have to go. When it someone else's kid, we need to wage war at all costs....[/QUOTE]

You guys make it sound like most of the people on the front lines are left wingers or something. I know 3 people serving right now in Iraq. Two reside on the right, the third isn't really into politics, but all three support Bush and this war.

[IMG]http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com/files/marinesalutemichaelmoore_op_600x800.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet2007]You guys make it sound like most of the people on the front lines are left wingers or something. [/QUOTE]

And you "guys" make it sound like most of the people on the front lines are rightwingers or something...

Don't you realize that when you type something like that you sound just as ignorant as the "lefties".

Guess what? The soldiers are AMERICANS...not libtards or repugs...

You know why democracy doesn't flourish in the Middle East? It's because those Koran reading, burka wearing morons can't handle it. They can't f*cking handle freedom. The only way these morons can function is with the ever present though of death behind them...whether it's coming from a maniacal dictator or from a bunch of holy book toting spontaneous exploders. LET IT GO. They have lived in the desert for thousands of years...it just shows you how intelligent these idiots are. Let em blow each other up until every square inch of sand in their little pathetic part of the world is glass...
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 07-16-2007 at 07:20 AM.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet2007]You guys make it sound like most of the people on the front lines are left wingers or something. I know 3 people serving right now in Iraq. Two reside on the right, the third isn't really into politics, but all three support Bush and this war.

[url="http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com/files/marinesalutemichaelmoore_op_600x800.jpg"]http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com/files/marinesalutemichaelmoore_op_600x800.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

shh...dont tell benedope and dumbmarine we dont have a draft...
    theyll be upset to learn people are actually willing to join
    our armed forces of their own free will

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet2007]You guys make it sound like most of the people on the front lines are left wingers or something. I know 3 people serving right now in Iraq. Two reside on the right, the third isn't really into politics, but all three support Bush and this war.

[IMG]http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com/files/marinesalutemichaelmoore_op_600x800.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

60% of the USMC active/res/ret/vet and families are against the war. We fight because that's what we do. Even yesterday on MTP Jim Webb stated that 65% of the MILITARY is against the war

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]60% of the USMC active/res/ret/vet and families are against the war. We fight because that's what we do. Even yesterday on MTP Jim Webb stated that 65% of the MILITARY is against the war[/QUOTE]
    Source please. And "Jim Webb said it" doesn't count.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]shh...dont tell benedope and dumbmarine we dont have a draft...
    theyll be upset to learn people are actually willing to join
    our armed forces of their own free will[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share [/QUOTE]
    Ned Dolan

Any terrorist would scare the sh1t out of you in a face-to-face confrontation.

A terrorists is scared sh1tless in a face-to-face with me.

[QUOTE]Freedom is not free. If you are not willing to die for it strike the word from your vocabulary[/QUOTE]. Malcolm X

Moreover, don't ask others to do your bidding if you are not willing to do it yourself....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com/files/marinesalutemichaelmoore_op_600x800.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Actually, most polling shows the armed forces have basically the same view of the war as the public at large.

This is a link to a Zogby poll from 2006 showing exactly that. I have seen data referenced on television many times since suggestng that the men and women in uniform basically share mainstream America's political views on this and most other issues...

[url]http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075[/url]

[QUOTE]An overwhelming majority of 72% of American troops serving in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year, and more than one in four say the troops should leave immediately, a new Le Moyne College/Zogby International survey shows.

The poll, conducted in conjunction with Le Moyne College’s Center for Peace and Global Studies, showed that 29% of the respondents, serving in various branches of the armed forces, said the U.S. should leave Iraq “immediately,” while another 22% said they should leave in the next six months. Another 21% said troops should be out between six and 12 months, while 23% said they should stay “as long as they are needed.” [/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Source please. [B]And "Jim Webb said it" doesn't count[/B].[/QUOTE]

MTP yesterday. Google it yourself. And Marines say some things to [B]ONLY[/B] to Marines

We have our private Marines 'ONLY' sites

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]MTP yesterday. Google it yourself. And Marines say some things to [B]ONLY[/B] to Marines

We have our private Marines 'ONLY' sites[/QUOTE]

LOL

So now you're quoting secret web sites that only you can read.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Here ya go, son... [url]http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/14/iraq.military.ap/index.html[/url]

Awesome. When's the next flight back from Baghdad?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, though, if they think they got it under control, let's go. Pack it up, boys, nothing to do here. I really don't know what other message the PM is trying to send here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Seriously, though, if they think they got it under control, let's go. Pack it up, boys, nothing to do here. I really don't know what other message the PM is trying to send here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I think our leaders owe us an explanation.

If Maliki is right, we should leave.

If he isn't right, which means he is either lying or delusional, I think we need it explained why having our troops due to put the country in his hands is a good idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Seriously, though, if they think they got it under control, let's go. Pack it up, boys, nothing to do here. I really don't know what other message the PM is trying to send here.[/QUOTE]

I know!

Careful what you wish for, Mr. PM...you just might get it. We can pull out now if you think you are ready to take the wheel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]It puts the lotion in the basket.[/QUOTE]

I hope you at least make sense to yourself.