Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: K.G. a Celtic.

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,392

  2. #2
    Great trade, but with Garnett's mileage and Allen's age I give them a 2-3 year window at best to be competitive.

    Jefferson better keep developing, otherwise Minny's going to wind up getting hosed in this one.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Great trade, but with Garnett's mileage and Allen's age I give them a 2-3 year window at best to be competitive.
    That's all Miami needed.

    I hate this trade because no matter how bad we've been lately, Boston has been, if not worse, then at least more comically bad.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aten
    That's all Miami needed.

    I hate this trade because no matter how bad we've been lately, Boston has been, if not worse, then at least more comically bad.
    I despise the Celtics with every ounce of my soul, but I know as well as anyone what that franchise being good again means to the league.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,507
    As long as they mesh together, Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen can cruise control to 60 victories in the Eastern Conference.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sactown, NorCal
    Posts
    3,228
    Garnett, Allen, and Pierce!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWT
    As long Doc Rivers doesn't screw it up, Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen can cruise control to 60 victories in the Eastern Conference.
    Fixed.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Englewood Cliffs
    Posts
    4,672
    I laughed when they got allen, but throw kg in and they will terrorize the division

    whether you root for the nets or the knicks, this aint good

    however, it wont last long... those stars will be done after 2 years

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    I laughed when they got allen, but throw kg in and they will terrorize the division

    whether you root for the nets or the knicks, this aint good
    Completely dissagree. If you're an NBA fan, priority #2 after rooting for NY to get its act together should be pulling for Boston to do the same.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Englewood Cliffs
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Completely dissagree. If you're an NBA fan, priority #2 after rooting for NY to get its act together should be pulling for Boston to do the same.
    i understand the history of the celtics, but when they are stopping my team from succeeding, i couldnt give two ****s if their act is together or not

    thats like saying because the dolphins were once a proud franchise, and have fallen apart, we should root for them because they once were great

    trust me, rjf, the nba needs a team like the celtics once were... but when it gets in the way of stopping your team, i take pleasure in watching them fall apart

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    5,992
    Not a big NBA fan, but Garnett could be dangerous in Boston.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Completely dissagree. If you're an NBA fan, priority #2 after rooting for NY to get its act together should be pulling for Boston to do the same.
    Please explain that one. As a Knick fan, I am a bit puzzled by what you say.

  13. #13
    What a loser. Who would want to play with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Two of the most over rated players in da game.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    i understand the history of the celtics, but when they are stopping my team from succeeding, i couldnt give two ****s if their act is together or not

    thats like saying because the dolphins were once a proud franchise, and have fallen apart, we should root for them because they once were great

    trust me, rjf, the nba needs a team like the celtics once were... but when it gets in the way of stopping your team, i take pleasure in watching them fall apart
    The NBA doesn't just need any team, it needs LA, Boston, Chicago, and New York. That's the pulse of the NBA, always has been and it always will be. You can't have 3 out of those 4 not being competitive.

    There's a reason why the entire league is in dissaray and has been for a while, and the downfalls of NY and Boston are a huge, huge part of that.

    Bottom line is if you're a fan of any NBA team, you need to be cheering for the entire league to rebound, not just your own team to be competitive. Especially in light of recent events.

  15. #15
    I love K.G. and I am stoked to see him out of Minn.

    K.G., Pierce and Allen....that is nasty. Great move for the Celts.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Englewood Cliffs
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    The NBA doesn't just need any team, it needs LA, Boston, Chicago, and New York. That's the pulse of the NBA, always has been and it always will be. You can't have 3 out of those 4 not being competitive.

    There's a reason why the entire league is in dissaray and has been for a while, and the downfalls of NY and Boston are a huge, huge part of that.

    Bottom line is if you're a fan of any NBA team, you need to be cheering for the entire league to rebound, not just your own team to be competitive. Especially in light of recent events.
    like i said, i understand what you are saying... but i am a net fan before i am an nba fan (always have been, not a bandwagon jumper i know how much you hate that when it comes to net fans)... so when i see a team in our division suddenlyl become one of the best teams in the nba, i get pissed... thats my first reaction and my most meaningful

    it is nice to see a classic team like the celtics move towards being meaningful again, but if it comes at the expense of your favorite team, not so nice

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    The NBA doesn't just need any team, it needs LA, Boston, Chicago, and New York. That's the pulse of the NBA, always has been and it always will be. You can't have 3 out of those 4 not being competitive.

    There's a reason why the entire league is in dissaray and has been for a while, and the downfalls of NY and Boston are a huge, huge part of that.

    Bottom line is if you're a fan of any NBA team, you need to be cheering for the entire league to rebound, not just your own team to be competitive. Especially in light of recent events.
    Good post.

    Sorry to go in a different direction for a second but the same can be said about the NHL. The original 6 all need to be doing well for the league to do better. Besides the Red Wings the orignal 6 have been pretty lousy in recent years. Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Bruins, Blackhawks, and the Rangers all need to be competitive. The Rangers are doing well in that regards.

  18. #18
    Trading Jefferson also opens up room for Big Baby Davis to set up shop in the low post; he's been looking very good in summer league play.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    The only problem will be Rondo bringing the ball up.

  20. #20
    Great move by Boston. Everyone who mocked that Allen deal is going to look really bad this season. Boston is probably now the odds on favorite to win the Eastern conference, though their big stars have never shown the ability to win the big playoff series. Good for the NBA as well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us