Thread: Restricted Free Agents

All League

Restricted Free Agents

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...730_095952_340

I'd like to hear some opinions on these moves by Kevin Lowe, I definately think that Burke stepped out of line for a man that got toasted just two seasons ago by saying what he did. The unwritten rule of RFA's is ridiculous IMO, next year Spezza is a RFA... and I expect Toronto might be a team looking to nab him. I'd be happy with that given our cap situation, if its 6mm or under we match, anything more and we get 4 high picks. I'm borderline on K-Lowe's move though, for a man that faught so hard for the cap to be in place he's sure contradicting it (which would be my only real problem). His Vanek offer was flat out ridiculous, the Penner offer is definately inflated from where it should stand, but I think they would have been crazy not to aim for him in one way or another. I think Burke should really just shut his trap... dude got his cup, and next year when Getzlaf is a RFA I hope my team puts up a good deal of money on his sheet and lets Spezza slip. Rangers fans... you must be happy he didn't go after Lundqvist (sp?) I think Sather did indeed play a big part in that, man is very respected in those neck of the woods. Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel7
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...730_095952_340

I'd like to hear some opinions on these moves by Kevin Lowe, I definately think that Burke stepped out of line for a man that got toasted just two seasons ago by saying what he did. The unwritten rule of RFA's is ridiculous IMO, next year Spezza is a RFA... and I expect Toronto might be a team looking to nab him. I'd be happy with that given our cap situation, if its 6mm or under we match, anything more and we get 4 high picks. I'm borderline on K-Lowe's move though, for a man that faught so hard for the cap to be in place he's sure contradicting it (which would be my only real problem). His Vanek offer was flat out ridiculous, the Penner offer is definately inflated from where it should stand, but I think they would have been crazy not to aim for him in one way or another. I think Burke should really just shut his trap... dude got his cup, and next year when Getzlaf is a RFA I hope my team puts up a good deal of money on his sheet and lets Spezza slip. Rangers fans... you must be happy he didn't go after Lundqvist (sp?) I think Sather did indeed play a big part in that, man is very respected in those neck of the woods. Thoughts?
    It's ironic you brought this up because I was going to mention it in the other thread after you commented on the Rangers' spending habits this summer. I agree that Lowe's actions have been curious in terms of money being offered and his stance on a cap. Shocked actually. As for Brian Burke, I have always considered him to be an arrogant pr*ck and a blow-hard. I have never liked the man. I get the impression he thinks that the world of hockey revolves around him. By the way, the Rangers protected Lundqvist from RFA offers by offering him arbitration by the deadline. It precluded other teams from swooping in with offers.

All League
    Oh, that breaks down the Lundqvist situation. Glad you guys held on to him.. he looks like a cup goalie.. one thing I find unique about him is he doesn't remind me of anyone, plays his own game and usually prances away with a W. Anyways, Burke is a definate blow-hard, I almost threw up in my mouth when I read about him getting into the B.C. hall even. He has inherited many teams filled with talent already, his only good move in my eyes was Pronger, and two suspensions in one cup run doesn't sound to great to me, Neidermayder was luck IMO.. if his brother wasn't there he'd be in a Flames jersey right now, and Burke would be blasting off about how his team was unfairly beaten out of rd1.