Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 207

Thread: CMW vs John Maine Part 2

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114

    CMW vs John Maine Part 2

    So here i am 2 thirds of the season done, flamed like crazy by you yankee fans because i said John Maine is better then CMW.....what do you say now? even if you take into account the AL/NL factor (which i personaly dont put stock into) i think i have a pretty good argument that maine is at LEAST as good as your CY YOUNG runner up and probably better.....

    John Maine
    21GS
    132IP
    12-5
    2.92ERA
    113 SO
    104 HITS
    14 HR'S
    46WALKS

    CMW
    19GS
    129.2
    12-5
    3.61ERA
    61SO
    128HITS
    6HR
    33WALKS

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    So here i am 2 thirds of the season done, flamed like crazy by you yankee fans because i said John Maine is better then CMW.....what do you say now? even if you take into account the AL/NL factor (which i personaly dont put stock into) i think i have a pretty good argument that maine is at LEAST as good as your CY YOUNG runner up and probably better.....

    John Maine
    21GS
    132IP
    12-5
    2.92ERA
    113 SO
    104 HITS
    14 HR'S
    46WALKS

    CMW
    19GS
    129.2
    12-5
    3.61ERA
    61SO
    128HITS
    6HR
    33WALKS


    Obsession.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan


    Obsession.
    i know its hard to admit being wrong.....its ok....i wont make you say it

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    So here i am 2 thirds of the season done, flamed like crazy by you yankee fans because i said John Maine is better then CMW.....what do you say now? even if you take into account the AL/NL factor (which i personaly dont put stock into) i think i have a pretty good argument that maine is at LEAST as good as your CY YOUNG runner up and probably better.....

    John Maine
    21GS
    132IP
    12-5
    2.92ERA
    113 SO
    104 HITS
    14 HR'S
    46WALKS

    CMW
    19GS
    129.2
    12-5
    3.61ERA
    61SO
    128HITS
    6HR
    33WALKS
    There pretty equal in my opinion. I would take Maine though because he consistently is able to work out of trouble as well as hold leads. Wang has been a little shaky in that regard, at least in the games i have seen.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    i know its hard to admit being wrong.....its ok....i wont make you say it
    I don't even care.... He is in a different league.

    Besides in the next season or 2 Wang is going to be our #2 or #3.

    But if we must compare... can we at least wait a couple years.

    What is this Maine 1st full season?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,141
    Hard one after this year. Last year it would have been Wang without a doubt but Maine is just getting better and better. He is pitching on both sides of the plate now, getting his slider over for strikes and has one of the most underrated Fastballs in the game.

    But Wang has a very good sinker and is very efficient. He gets overrated though especailly since he doesnt have raw strikeout ability.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    Hard one after this year. Last year it would have been Wang without a doubt but Maine is just getting better and better. He is pitching on both sides of the plate now, getting his slider over for strikes and has one of the most underrated Fastballs in the game.

    But Wang has a very good sinker and is very efficient. He gets overrated though especailly since he doesnt have raw strikeout ability.

    Nice new sig JV. Want to make me one with Maine?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,141
    Sure, I was just about to make a Castilla one.

    What text do you want with it?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    Hard one after this year. Last year it would have been Wang without a doubt but Maine is just getting better and better. He is pitching on both sides of the plate now, getting his slider over for strikes and has one of the most underrated Fastballs in the game.

    But Wang has a very good sinker and is very efficient. He gets overrated though especailly since he doesnt have raw strikeout ability.
    I believe he is very underrated throughout the country. You don't need to be a strike out pitcher to be effective. Wang has a really good sinker and slider a good fast ball. A ground ball out is just as effective as a strikeout if not more when a double play is in need.

    They guy is a winner. He finds ways to win. If the team scores 3 runs he gives up 1 or 2. If they score 8 runs he gives up 4-5.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    Sure, I was just about to make a Castilla one.

    What text do you want with it?
    How about something cheesy like "The Maine Event"

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Can you make me one that says "The Big Wang in the Big Apple"

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Can you make me one that says "The Big Wang in the Big Apple"
    no.






















    But I plan on making my Kei Igawa "No-K" sig soon.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    no.






















    But I plan on making my Kei Igawa "No-K" sig soon.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    no.






















    But I plan on making my Kei Igawa "No-K" sig soon.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,141

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Thanks JV. It looks great!

  17. #17
    Put Maine in the AL and his ERA (and he's lucky to have the ERA he does) will go way up. I was wrong about him being a #4, but he's not nearly this good and I should have said he's a #4 in the AL.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Put Maine in the AL and his ERA (and he's lucky to have the ERA he does) will go way up. I was wrong about him being a #4, but he's not nearly this good and I should have said he's a #4 in the AL.
    Maine>Pettite, Clemens, and Mussina at this point. So how is he a 4 in the AL?

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Put Maine in the AL and his ERA (and he's lucky to have the ERA he does) will go way up. I was wrong about him being a #4, but he's not nearly this good and I should have said he's a #4 in the AL.
    When is his ERA going to go way up?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Wang has had 2 and 1/2 very good seasons now, if you include this year.

    How many has Maine had? He's never done it for a whole season, let alone back to back seasons like Wang has (2006 and 2007).

    Maine is pretty damn good, better than I thought I admit. But he doesnt have a dominating pitch like Wang does w/his sinker. I dont think Maine would be nearly as good in the AL, but who really cares if you're a mets fan cause he is in the NL anyways. I dont see a great offspeed pitch with Maine, I really dont. jmo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us