Thread: Yankees: Joba and Giambi called up

All League

Yankees: Joba and Giambi called up

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/sp...=1&oref=slogin
    http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10101017

Karstens will be sent down. No word on the other. Lets just hope it's not Shelley.

Banned
    Karstens and Cairo is my guess.

All League
    Joba good.
    Giambi bad!

JetsFan2012
    I really don't want to see Giambi right now.

All League
    Giambi messes with the chemistry. You can't rotate the DH when Giambi is healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Karstens and Cairo is my guess.
    Cairo would be the right move....which is why it's unlikely Torre makes it IMO.

I'm going with Duncan...as he'll be 'unneeded' because of Giambi being on the lineup.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Cairo would be the right move....which is why it's unlikely Torre makes it IMO.

I'm going with Duncan...as he'll be 'unneeded' because of Giambi being on the lineup.
    I disagree, having a right handed power bat on the bench is something we need with all the lefties in our lineup.

Banned
    Great Move bringing up Joba and sending down Karstens .. Joba with the Yankees was long overdue

I'm Glad Giambi is back as well, but not at the expense of the machine, I really hope he wasn't dropped .. drop Cairo and not the machine .. with Betimit, Cairo becomes expendable

All League
    I hope Torre stops doing what is working and screws with the chemistry by putting Giambi at DH. Then he could put Damon back in center and take Melky out of the line-up. Yeah, that is what he should do!

Banned
    Joba

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns
    I hope Torre stops doing what is working and screws with the chemistry by putting Giambi at DH. Then he could put Damon back in center and take Melky out of the line-up. Yeah, that is what he should do!
    Asked whether the arrival of Jason Giambi could result in Cabrera losing time, Joe Torre shook his head. Hes our center fielder, he said.

Banned
    Apparently Edwar Ramirez is being called up before the end of the week. Brian Bruney will probably sent down.

Cashman really is taking Joe's toys away (Proctor, Myers) so that he is forced to give these young kids with upside a chance.

Why is Ramirez not up NOW? I'm willing to bet he'll end up the Yankees best reliever by the end of the year.

And why are the Yankees bringing up that GARBAGE Joba? Didn't they read Bleedgreen's copy of Baseball America?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    Why is Ramirez not up NOW? I'm willing to bet he'll end up the Yankees best reliever by the end of the year.

And why are the Yankees bringing up that GARBAGE Joba? Didn't they read Bleedgreen's copy of Baseball America?

Because after 2 great performances Edwar's 3rd performance 2 weeks later was horrible. The next day we was called down.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-07-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato

thumbs up on this post gato

i've said it before and i'll say it again: giambi should be riding pine the rest of the season as the lefty power bat on the bench. if joe even thinks of putting damon in center once, he should be fired on the spot.

Banned
    I just heard on WFAN that Bruney was sent down and Cairo was DFA for Joba and Giambi.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I just heard on WFAN that Bruney was sent down and Cairo was DFA for Joba and Giambi.

Why does Farnsworth still have a job? I mean, seriously. This doesn't make much sense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec

Why does Farnsworth still have a job? I mean, seriously. This doesn't make much sense.
    I heard Bruney tossed over a chair in the clubhouse when he got the news, and no doubt he was thinking the same thing .. I'm sent down and Farnsworthless still has a Job?