Thread: What if? mets/braves 8/8

Veteran

What if? mets/braves 8/8

What if Woodward gets down the bunt in the top of the 9th? 2nd & 3rd, 1 out and Francoeur up. Do you walk Francoeur and set up the double play with Jones anyway? Or to you go after Francoeur. Hard to say, Francoeur killed the ball so much tuesday night that I would probably walk him. Also Andruw doesn't scare me to get a single there. He might take Wags deep, but at that point a single or a extra base hit essentially ends it anyway. So like I said I would walk Franceour, but my opinion might be slightly skewed based on actual results lol. What would you do?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    What if Woodward gets down the bunt in the top of the 9th? 2nd & 3rd, 1 out and Francoeur up. Do you walk Francoeur and set up the double play with Jones anyway? Or to you go after Francoeur. Hard to say, Francoeur killed the ball so much tuesday night that I would probably walk him. Also Andruw doesn't scare me to get a single there. He might take Wags deep, but at that point a single or a extra base hit essentially ends it anyway. So like I said I would walk Franceour, but my opinion might be slightly skewed based on actual results lol. What would you do?
    Its a no brainer. You walk Francoeur to set up the double play. No question about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Its a no brainer. You walk Francoeur to set up the double play. No question about it.
    Probably, his run is pretty much irrelevant as if he comes in to score we're gonna lose anyways and he's red hot. Set up the double play there.

Either way it turned out pretty nicely.