Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailgateing the Dolphins@Jets game sep. 23rd

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Tailgateing the Dolphins@Jets game sep. 23rd

Hi there!
    I'm a big Dolphins-fan (I know it's not the most popular team to sport in here) from Denmark and I'm visiting New York for the first time, and naturally got tickets for the Dolphins-Jets game on september 23rd.
    I've heard, that the Jets throw some wild tailgate-parties, and since it's the first time I get to experience a NFL-game live, me and my 3 buddies would love to get the entire pre-game-experience etc.
    My question is: Would the 4 of us be welcome at a tailgate-party, despite the fact, that I support the Dolphins and will be wearing my Dolphins jersey, or would it be ill-advised.
    I know how it would turn out in most the cases in European Soccer, but I've heard that the mentality at the games is quite different in America.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll let someone else answer this one in depth....Denmark, you might consider NOT wearing your Dolphin gear. You'll have a better time in the parking lot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Denmark you would be more than welcome at my tailgate party. you should expect a little razzing because of the dolphins gear, but it shouldnt be that bad. unless he Jets lose. we get to the lot approx 9 - 930. and have an all out party. Most of the people dont even have tickets they watch the games outside. One of our guys brings a tv with directv. you can check it all out here My Tailgating Gallery

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your better off coming down to Miami and seeing a game down here. The N.Y. fans look at Dolphin fans the same way a pedophile looks at a little boy. Not good. My advice is to see a game in Miami, but if you have to go to N.Y. wear the aqua and orange loud and proud. Go Phins!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    16H is the place to be especially when they burn a Fin Jersey..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude if you can bring any of the bikini bandits you will be welcome at any Jets tailgate
    Attached Images Attached Images

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denmark
    Hi there!
    I'm a big Dolphins-fan (I know it's not the most popular team to sport in here) from Denmark and I'm visiting New York for the first time, and naturally got tickets for the Dolphins-Jets game on september 23rd.
    I've heard, that the Jets throw some wild tailgate-parties, and since it's the first time I get to experience a NFL-game live, me and my 3 buddies would love to get the entire pre-game-experience etc.
    My question is: Would the 4 of us be welcome at a tailgate-party, despite the fact, that I support the Dolphins and will be wearing my Dolphins jersey, or would it be ill-advised.
    I know how it would turn out in most the cases in European Soccer, but I've heard that the mentality at the games is quite different in America.
    most people are pretty cool. the difference is do you want to call attention to yourself or go have a good time? no one is going to beat your ass for wearing dolphins gear, but when walking through the lots people will yell at you and boo you etc. it will me much worse in the stands where people around you will be pretty relentless in ripping on you and yelling at you. unlike in europe, things rarely get violent. fights do break out but normally has less to do with what jersey you are wearing and more about someone being an ass. if you come with no dolphins jersey though - you can walk up to anyone , you fall under the radar a little more. going up to people and saying "hey i'm from denmark this is my first NFL game and by the way i like the dolphins" is a much better approach in my opinion. people are generally pretty cool if you just don;t throw it in their face. unless we start losing - then watch your back!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crashingjet
    Your better off coming down to Miami and seeing a game down here. The N.Y. fans look at Dolphin fans the same way a pedophile looks at a little boy. Not good. My advice is to see a game in Miami, but if you have to go to N.Y. wear the aqua and orange loud and proud. Go Phins!!!!!!
    Whats the diffrence? Everytime the Jets go to Miami it might aswell be a Jet home game. Plus Fin fans start leaving if they go down by a TD lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG
    Whats the diffrence? Everytime the Jets go to Miami it might aswell be a Jet home game. Plus Fin fans start leaving if they go down by a TD lol.

Well said.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Oh no problemo. I would make sure it's a Marino jersey though and its a tradition to bring some spare change, maybe $500-600. See you soon!
    lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    f the fish

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there!

Tailgate in Miami.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG
    Wow. I get it, because there are alot of New Yorkers in Miami during the winter, and alot of Jets fans show up to a game at Dolphin Stadium that it's like a home game in N.Y., but it's actually in Miami. Wow. Funny stuff. LOL. I can barely contain myself.
    Why do the Jets home games take place in Giants Stadium? Don't the Jets have their own stadium? Regardless, I'm sure that whenever Giants Stadium is replaced, the Jets will get their own home...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to experience a tailgate: Come to the public Troop 16H tailgate, found in parking lot #16, against the back fence near the light pole marked "H". You want to be at spiral Gate C in order to find parking lot #16. You can mingle and enjoy the music and atmosphere for free, but all you can eat/drink food & beer require a '$donation' to Randy.

Want to wear Dolphin's jersey: Like the guy up above said, it only takes an arsewhole with a belly full of beer to start trouble. Wear it, keep a low profile and don't talk smack to the drunken fools, you should be safe 99% of the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crashingjet
    Wow. I get it, because there are alot of New Yorkers in Miami during the winter, and alot of Jets fans show up to a game at Dolphin Stadium that it's like a home game in N.Y., but it's actually in Miami. Wow. Funny stuff. LOL. I can barely contain myself.
    Why do the Jets home games take place in Giants Stadium? Don't the Jets have their own stadium? Regardless, I'm sure that whenever Giants Stadium is replaced, the Jets will get their own home...
    Uh, hey buddy, have you actually been to a fins game?
    Funny stuff. But. Sadly (for fins fans) true. Those winter games are tough on you guys when all you can hear is J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.
    Sad but true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan51
    Uh, hey buddy, have you actually been to a fins game?
    Funny stuff. But. Sadly (for fins fans) true. Those winter games are tough on you guys when all you can hear is J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.
    Sad but true.
    Funny... All I hear during the games is J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK. Sad but true.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so...how did this end up in the soccer forum?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input

I think I'm getting an idea as to what the general attitude is. Am I wrong in concluding, that of course it is easier to get under the radar at a Jets tailgate-party, if I'm not wearing any Dolphins-gear, but it wouldn't mean trouble if I did show up in a Dolphins jersey as long as I'm not being a smart-ass and going on and on about the Dolphins?
    By the way how large would a reasonable donation be when attending the tailgate party at 16H?
    And for the record, I've never seen a NFL-game live, since it is actually my first visit to USA.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there!
    Hey DK.

Where in Denmark do you live an how did you go about getting tickets...?