Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nugent

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nugent

[URL=http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/529419,CST-NWS-roep27.article]SUNTIMES[/URL]

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

August 27, 2007
    BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist
    So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless *****" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore."
    That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Ah, but that was a long time ago. Nugent isn't just a washed-up rocker -- he's a right-wing madman who's not afraid to call out some of the leading Democrats in language so vile it makes the Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' comments about President Bush sound like a love poem.

You'd think even someone such as Sean Hannity would dismiss Nugent as a macho clown, desperate for attention.

Yeah, right.

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and even laughing loudly as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.

Funny. I don't remember Hannity being so cavalier about the Dixie Chicks went they criticized Bush.

Not that he's operating under a double standard or anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nugent is exactly what the entire Rightwing culture is, a fake tough guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Nugent is exactly what the entire Rightwing culture is, a fake tough guy.[/QUOTE]
    Says the JI resident internet tough guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster]

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and [B]even laughing loudly [/B] as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.[/QUOTE]
    Personally I don't see how one wouldn't laugh loudly at Nugent most of the time, the guy's completely off his rocker, to the point where it really is just that hilarious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Says the JI resident internet tough guy.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Ted Nugent is a true tough guy even though chickened out when his nation called upon him. Do you deny that supporting a war and asking Americans to die in that war but refusing to serve yourself when called upon is anything less than an act of cowardice?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Are you saying that Ted Nugent is a true tough guy even though chickened out when his nation called upon him. Do you deny that supporting a war and asking Americans to die in that war but refusing to serve yourself when called upon is anything less than an act of cowardice?[/QUOTE]
    Easy boss. Comment directed at CR. See the Gonzalez Resigns thread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    His song "Stranglehold" is one of the best long-ish Guitar Solos around.

Beyond that......eh, don't really care.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we never have to find out what Ted (macho gone mad) Nugent is overcompensating for. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Easy boss. Comment directed at CR. See the Gonzalez Resigns thread.[/QUOTE]

My question was directed to you. What is your honest opinion of Ted Nugent and the comments he made towards Obama, Hillary, etc. Is this any different than what the Dixie Chicks or any Lefty in Hollywood say (obviously hes more crude and uses offensive language)? Also how do you feel about a guy who talks tough but cowards out when called to action?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel]I hope we never have to find out what Ted (macho gone mad) Nugent is overcompensating for. :D[/QUOTE]

Nugent + Gun + Defenseless animal= macho tough guy

Nugent + Gun + Enemy Firing back at Him= Chicken$hit Redneck Coward

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ted nugent is a dope. i think many of us agree about that. i will say that at least he said his piece in the us and not hiding in london to say it. he's as dopey as all the other musicians/hollywood buffoons who think we really want to hear their politics when we attend their concerts/award shows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Zombo]ted nugent is a dope. i think many of us agree about that. i will say that at least he said his piece in the us and not hiding in london to say it. he's as dopey as all the other musicians/hollywood buffoons who think we really want to hear their politics when we attend their concerts/award shows.[/QUOTE]

How is saying something in public in London "hiding"??
    They are public events. They are transmitted on TV, Radio, the internet etc.. And what are they hiding from? Do you honestly think saying something against the war in a US venue would result in a riot???...... Well maybe among the 20-30% diehards who still support the war.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Do you honestly think saying something against the war in a US venue would result in a riot???[/QUOTE]

But they should have had the balls to just stand behind what they said. Instead, they just folded over when they were attacked by the Republican attack machine, like everybody else does.

For Christ sake...all they said was, "[I]Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas[/I]".

Late night talk show hosts say way worse every night. You don't see anybody blackballing Jon Stewart, David Letterman or Jay Leno, do you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Nugent + Gun + Defenseless animal= macho tough guy

Nugent + Gun + Enemy Firing back at Him= Chicken$hit [B][U][SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkRed]Redneck[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] Coward[/QUOTE]

Bigot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please feel free to show where I have anything about being a tough guy? You have CBTNY's BS and that is it.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Easy boss. Comment directed at CR. See the Gonzalez Resigns thread.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Bigot.[/QUOTE]

How is calling someone a Redneck being a "Bigot"???
    Im sorry if i offended those from Detroit (where Nugent is from)!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]But they should have had the balls to just stand behind what they said. Instead, they just folded over when they were attacked by the Republican attack machine, like everybody else does.

For Christ sake...all they said was, "[I]Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas[/I]".

Late night talk show hosts say way worse every night. You don't see anybody blackballing Jon Stewart, David Letterman or Jay Leno, do you?[/QUOTE]

When did Leno or Letterman ever use profanity like Nugent???

I agree. They should stick up for themselves.

But so did Nugent. See the video i posted where Nugent is cofronted by a Vietnam Vet. Instead of sticking up for himself he calls security.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sp3-Z4gOxY[/url]
    Last edited by kennyo7; 08-28-2007 at 09:18 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if musicians stayed out of politics all together it would be a good thing.

I can't really think of one good thing a musician has brought to the table in terms of political debate. The closest a musician should get to politics is doing one of those tribute concerts for charity or whatever.

Whenever a musician talks about political issues, some of them sound like sanctimonious idiots, some sound like brain-dead neanderthalls and the rest look like the first two put together.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster][URL=http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/529419,CST-NWS-roep27.article]SUNTIMES[/URL]

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

August 27, 2007
    BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist
    [B]So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless *****" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore."
    That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?[/B]

[/QUOTE]

Uh, no. He's the equivalent of every loudmouthed liberal celebrity, a la Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon's son, Tim Robbins. Who cares what Ted Nugent says about politics?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]His song "Stranglehold" is one of the best long-ish Guitar Solos around.

Beyond that......eh, don't really care.[/QUOTE]

Not just stranglehold my friend, although that is a classic.

I saw him in July, and man he still has some chops for a 59 year old man.