Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rugby World Cup Starts in 1 Week

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Rugby World Cup Starts in 1 Week

The All Blacks should shred everything to pieces if they keep their sh** together. For once there are a couple a good match-ups in the first round (England/South Africa, Wales/Australia, France/Ireland...).

Outsiders that could create an upset and finish 2nd in a group are Argentina and to a lesser degree Italy.

A New Zealand/France final would be fine by me

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please move to Soccer Forum

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke

The All Blacks should shred everything to pieces if they keep their sh** together. For once there are a couple a good match-ups in the first round (England/South Africa, Wales/Australia, France/Ireland...).

Outsiders that could create an upset and finish 2nd in a group are Argentina and to a lesser degree Italy.

A New Zealand/France final would be fine by me
    I already have a thread started in the Soccer forum saying God help the US Rugby Squad

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be at the Scotland/New Zealand match in Edinburgh.

SHould be a blast, though the Scots are sure to get a kickin' by the All Blacks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

SHould be a blast, though the Scots are sure to get a kickin' by the All Blacks.
    The Scots are one of those teams that could beat England one week and then lose to Italy the next. Argentina is the 8th or 9th best team behind or in front of Scotland but they got a very tough draw with Ireland and France.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV in US?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    TV in US?
    Go to any Irish, British or S. African pub and they will be playing all the matches.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be worried about the all blacks, every world cup they look like they should stomp everyone on their way to an easy cup victory but once the group stages end they fall in a heap. Thankfully the australians do the oppisite, we look like crap, we have crap players/depth, we play like crap yet somehow once the tournament starts we click.

France though is my pick for the team most likely to take it out, I wouldn't want to be playing them in the semis or the final thats for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

Not so fast Al...I know as a Scot I should know better but I just have a crazy feeling we might just do something against the Kiwi.

A friend of mine thinks I'm nuts but I actually don't believe NZ will win EVERY game at this WC(not saying they won't win the tournament....just that somebody somewhere will pull off an upset)The obvious choices are Scotland or(and I don't think this is a s nuts as many people think)Italy....if it happens in the group stages NZ could still go on to win the trophy.

Whatever you'll have a great time in Edinburgh that weekend(am very jealous and was thinking of going myself but saving my pennies for the 6Nations trip to Rome or Dublin in the spring....enjoy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok14
    I wouldn't be worried about the all blacks, every world cup they look like they should stomp everyone on their way to an easy cup victory but once the group stages end they fall in a heap. Thankfully the australians do the oppisite, we look like crap, we have crap players/depth, we play like crap yet somehow once the tournament starts we click.

France though is my pick for the team most likely to take it out, I wouldn't want to be playing them in the semis or the final thats for sure.
    That's true but not this year. I don't think they'll take anyone lightly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Move this to the soccer forum?

Rugby is not soccer.

Edit: the Blacks in a canter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke
    That's true but not this year. I don't think they'll take anyone lightly.
    I dont think its a problem with them taking anyone lightly, just that when the pressure is on and the intensity is high they seem to have trouble finishing things off, by all rights they should have won pretty much all the world cups, they just never perform in them is all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    I already have a thread started in the Soccer forum saying God help the US Rugby Squad
    Should this belong in the dump pile? When baseball an American sport was brought up yesterday it was moved to the baseball forum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death

Rugby is not soccer.

Edit: the Blacks in a canter.

Not much different belongs in Europe

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets
    Not much different belongs in Europe
    Agree it is not an American sport...but the Europeans will not win this. Most of the time its a southern hemisphere nation who grabs it. This time around, it will be New Zealand.

Someone should post the youtube thing of the Kiwi haka. There is one that is labelled the 'best one on youtube' or something, and it is. Don't have access to youtube where I am.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    TV in US?
    or buy the setanta sports channel for $15 a month which yo beter believe i did. all 45 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death

Rugby is not soccer.
    And this is not a rugby site it's a Jets site and the Soccer Forum is more appropriate place for it. Soccer (football) fans watch and follow rugby a hell of a lot more then NFL fans do.

New Zealand is not winning it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    or buy the setanta sports channel for $15 a month which yo beter believe i did. all 45 games.
    setanta online is also a viable option...i picked it up for the Premiership matches, but it looks like they have a ton of rugby on as well, plus other sports like Gaelic Football...

really, if you are a fan of British sports, its a very worthwhile purchase...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    setanta online is also a viable option...i picked it up for the Premiership matches, but it looks like they have a ton of rugby on as well, plus other sports like Gaelic Football...

really, if you are a fan of British sports, its a very worthwhile purchase...
    Hey dick, Gaelic Football is not British

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Hey dick, Gaelic Football is not British
    jeez man, it wasnt a commentary on the british occupation of ireland, it was me being too lazy to type "and irish"...