Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Group Stage Pick 'Em

Hall Of Fame

Champions League Group Stage Pick 'Em

pick the top 2 from each group...the draw isnt fully finished yet since AEK Athens and Sevilla still play on Monday I believe to settle the last spot in Group H, but if you end up picking the loser of that game just come back and amend it...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GROUP A:
    Liverpool (England) Porto (Portugal) Olympique Marseille (France) Besiktas (Turkey)

GROUP B:
    Chelsea (England) Valencia (Spain) Schalke 04 (Germany) Rosenborg (Norway)

GROUP C:
    Real Madrid (Spain) Werder Bremen (Germany) Lazio (Italy) Olympiakos (Greece)

GROUP D:
    AC Milan (Italy) Benfica (Portugal) Celtic (Scotland) Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)

GROUP E:
    Barcelona (Spain) Olympique Lyon (France) VfB Stuttgart (Germany) Rangers (Scotland)

GROUP F:
    Manchester United (England) AS Roma (Italy) Sporting Lisbon (Portugal) Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)

GROUP G:
    Inter Milan (Italy) PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) CSKA Moscow (Russia) Fenerbahce (Turkey)

GROUP H:
    Arsenal (England) Sevilla (Spain) or AEK Athens (Greece) Steaua Bucharest (Romania) Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GROUP A:
    Liverpool (England) Porto (Portugal) Olympique Marseille (France) Besiktas (Turkey)

GROUP B:

GROUP C:

GROUP D:
    AC Milan (Italy) Benfica (Portugal) Celtic (Scotland) Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)

GROUP E:
    Barcelona (Spain) Olympique Lyon (France) VfB Stuttgart (Germany) Rangers (Scotland)

GROUP F:
    Manchester United (England) AS Roma (Italy) Sporting Lisbon (Portugal) Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)

GROUP G:
    Inter Milan (Italy) PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    CSKA Moscow (Russia) Fenerbahce (Turkey)

GROUP H:
    Arsenal (England) Sevilla (Spain) or AEK Athens (Greece) Steaua Bucharest (Romania) Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)

Hall Of Fame
    Damn there are some tough groups.

Celtic into round two

All Pro
    pick the top 2 from each group...the draw isnt fully finished yet since AEK Athens and Sevilla still play on Monday I believe to settle the last spot in Group H, but if you end up picking the loser of that game just come back and amend it...
    GROUP A:

GROUP B:

GROUP C:

GROUP D:

GROUP E:

GROUP F:

GROUP G:
    Inter Milan (Italy) PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) CSKA Moscow (Russia) Fenerbahce (Turkey)

GROUP H:
    nice draw for Arsenal

GROUP A:

GROUP B:

GROUP C:

GROUP D:

GROUP E:

GROUP F:

GROUP G:

GROUP H:

Jets Insider VIP

Good picks.

Except I wouuld take Roma over Lisbon.

All League
    GROUP A:

GROUP B:

GROUP C:

GROUP D:

GROUP E:

GROUP F:

GROUP G:

GROUP H:
    The toughest group to choose is C. I have no clue what Lazio and Werder Bremen will bring to the table. I'm really pushing for our boy Beasley and Rangers to make through the group stage, but they have a very tough group.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Damn there are some tough groups.

Celtic into round two

Milan and Celtic will be a good matchup

Jets Insider VIP
    Update on the standings after last night (3 games played, 3 left):

Group A (Team - Points)
    Marseille - 7
    Porto - 5
    Beşiktaş - 3
    Liverpool - 1

Group B
    Chelsea - 7
    Rosenborg - 4
    Valencia - 3
    Schalke - 3

Group C
    Real Madrid - 7
    Olympiacos - 4
    Bremen - 3
    Lazio - 2

Group D
    Milan - 6
    Shakhtar - 6
    Benfica - 3
    Celtic - 3

Group E
    Barcelona - 7
    Rangers - 7
    Lyon - 3
    Stuttgart - 0

Group F
    Man. United - 9
    Roma - 6
    Sporting - 3
    Dynamo Kyiv - 0

Group G
    Internazionale - 6
    Fenerbahçe - 5
    PSV - 4
    CSKA Moskva - 1

Group H
    Arsenal - 9
    Sevilla - 6
    Slavia - 3
    Steaua - 0

We are struggling big time in a competition Benitez excels at. We are playing very poorly at the moment all up; hopefully when Xabi and Dagger come back, with the addition of Harry Kewell, it will give us some impetus through November and December.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    We are struggling big time in a competition Benitez excels at. We are playing very poorly at the moment all up; hopefully when Xabi and Dagger come back, with the addition of Harry Kewell, it will give us some impetus through November and December.
    Always tough to play in Turkey or Greece.

The first goal was absolutely ridiculous. When sh*t like that happens, you know things aren't going your way.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_Azgn0bxAkA

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Always tough to play in Turkey or Greece.

The first goal was absolutely ridiculous. When sh*t like that happens, you know things aren't going your way.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_Azgn0bxAkA
    Yeah, bad luck happens when you are out of form.

We have played well in Turkey before, however. As recently as 2005...

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, bad luck happens when you are out of form.

We have played well in Turkey before, however. As recently as 2005...

Anything that wipes a smug grin off an Italian player's face is cool with me

Anything that wipes a smug grin off an Italian player's face is cool with me

Jets Insider VIP

Looks like your boys are back in the thick of things.

8-0 against Besiktas last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Bad call with Stuttgart.

Looks like your boys are back in the thick of things.

8-0 against Besiktas last night.
    Great win....their defence was terrible and they couldn't handle the high tempo.

We have to win our last two games to qualify though, one of which is away.

Can someone tell me what has happend with seville in the last few years? When I lived there in '01 they were a second division team and they werent even good there. Do they have any top players?

Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla View Post
    Can someone tell me what has happend with seville in the last few years? When I lived there in '01 they were a second division team and they werent even good there. Do they have any top players?
    Daniel Alves

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla View Post

Kanoutè, Fabiano and Maresca