Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Post Your Consumer Rip-Off Here

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan]The American people are being ripped off with the joke of a medical care system we have.[/QUOTE]
    i just looked up more info. just pulled this from wiki...

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care#Economics[/url]

lowest life expectancy. highest infant mortality rate. we americans spend the most (by a huge margin) on health, healthcare costs is the highest again by a huge margin, and % of health costs paid by government is extremely small compared to listed countries.

i've always wanted to move to the UK, and this just makes me REALLY want to.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac]i just looked up more info. just pulled this from wiki...

lowest life expectancy. highest infant mortality rate. we americans spend the most (by a huge margin) on health, healthcare costs is the highest again by a huge margin, and % of health costs paid by government is extremely small compared to listed countries.

i've always wanted to move to the UK, and this just makes me REALLY want to.[/QUOTE]
    Oh please. Move to the U.K. I'll stay right here in Staten Island.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5) Cable TV was invented in 1972 in order to provide TV without commercials and instead you pay the difference. Today most cable channel offerings have you PAY FOR THEIR COMMERCIALS along with PAYING for the FREE channels.

I remember that !!!! Also, sirius is the same deal, you pay for it, but no commercials :rolleyes:

advertisers just realized its so much more effective to target certain demographics, and with cable and sirius its too sweet a deal to pass up.

they figured we wouldn't do anything about it, and they were right :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade]I don't know if that was meant to be sarcasm or agreement. But you my friend have a lot to learn. I work in Medical insurance and let me tell you it really is a joke.....so if someone is putting down our medical system they have every right to. they also probably have have grams and gramps going through it right now.[/QUOTE]

I used to be on the carrier side, how about you ? Its organized crime

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIIICHAMPS]Oh please. Move to the U.K. I'll stay right here in Staten Island.[/QUOTE]
    :confused: what are your goals in this thread? are you trying to play the "if you don't like it, leave" card?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac]:confused: what are your goals in this thread? are you trying to play the "if you don't like it, leave" card?[/QUOTE]
    Kind of. I mean I love this country.. maybe because I haven't been exposed to what really goes on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIIICHAMPS]Hell yeah! Move to Cuba![/QUOTE]That's just a cop-out for those who are uninformed about this kind of fraud, can't discern that it's happening, or are just to lazy to do anything about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nationalist88]That's just a cop-out for those who are uninformed about this kind of fraud, can't discern that it's happening, or are just to lazy to do anything about it.[/QUOTE]
    How is it fraud if it is disclosed right on the packaging?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetliner]Just for shots and giggles, I get at least six solicitations daily from banks- They don't talk to each other so they all can't be making the "right" credit decision!

If you can afford to pay for it in thirty days(app) then buy it and cut the cost of the use of the card out for the seller- in the long run it'll make things cheaper for all. [B]Typical bank fees for credit cards are 6% of the transaction.[/B][/QUOTE]
    :eek:

Try more like a 1/3 of that...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nationalist88]Did the capital letters "O T" in the title fail to tip you off that this thread wasn't about the Jets?[/QUOTE]

That is why I threw in the :D ..Lighten the **** up. One week away from opening day. You don't like what I write put me on ignore.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIIICHAMPS]Kind of. I mean I love this country.. maybe because I haven't been exposed to what really goes on.[/QUOTE]

You don't live in the real world yet my friend. Wait a couple years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]How about just banks in general.

I give you(the Bank) my money. You make money from my money and then charge me more money when I want my money back. Sweet.

[/QUOTE]
    What's wrong with this? Everyone wins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetliner]Bank Credit Cards

Between the fees and the usurious rates ( that used to be illegal)the public should boycott or cease using the plastic as it can only lead to bank profits and pain to the consumer. :steamin:[/QUOTE]
    How about pay off your balance every month on no-fee credit cards? If you lose out on credits cards, it's your fault.

Listen guys, it's easy to b*tch but most of these things occur due to consumer negligence. Know what you buy and you won't get into this sort of trouble.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]How is it fraud if it is disclosed right on the packaging?[/QUOTE]
    Because it is intentionally misleading. The product is carefully marketed and labelled with the purpose of making you think it's something it's not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac]i just looked up more info. just pulled this from wiki...

i've always wanted to move to the UK, and this just makes me REALLY want to.[/QUOTE]
    Our life expectancy is low because we don't treat ourselves well - not because our healthcare sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade]I don't know if that was meant to be sarcasm or agreement. But you my friend have a lot to learn. I work in Medical insurance and let me tell you it really is a joke.....so if someone is putting down our medical system they have every right to. they also probably have have grams and gramps going through it right now.[/QUOTE]
    It all depends what kind of insurance you have

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Our life expectancy is low because we don't treat ourselves well - not because our healthcare sucks.[/QUOTE]Part of the reason we don't treat ourselves well is the stuff that comes out of places like McDonald's is legally called food. But our healthcare system is still a criminal atrocity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nationalist88]Part of the reason we don't treat ourselves well is the stuff that comes out of places like McDonald's is legally called food. But our healthcare system is still a criminal atrocity.[/QUOTE]
    Yup, and anyone who goes to McDonald's is willingly damaging their bodies. Consumers make choices. Many Americans make poor ones. No one puts a gun to our heads and forces us to eat McDonalds and not exercise.

Our healthcare system is not an overall atrocity, it depends what type of insurance you have. The better jobs have better insurance - this is a good incentive to achieve as much as you can. If you cannot attain these positions, there are still lots of blue collar or low level government jobs that offer fantastic health benefits.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the care received in this couintry is second to none, but how we pay for it is retarded. :(
    Ask any doctor, they will tell you the training and equipment in this country is envied the world over.
    That goes for th UK, Germany, etc. I'd put the Mayo clinic and Memorial Sloan Kettering cancer center, the Cleveland clinic and Boston childrens up against any hospital in the world :yes: To argue that point is to flex your ignorance

our low life expectancy is related to high fat and smoking, but also high stress. Ironically, the french have the fattiest diet, but the red wine they drink daily saves them. The red grapes used in the wine have an ingredient in the seeds that reduces heart disease

so drink more red wine :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac]i've always wanted to move to the UK, and this just makes me REALLY want to.[/QUOTE]

Given how much abuse the health care system here in the UK gets, that worries me! ;)