Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL NFL CUTS THREAD {Non-Jets}

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL NFL CUTS THREAD {Non-Jets}

I know there will be a flurry of posts about the surprise cuts around the NFL this weekend, so let's try to keep these comments all in one thread .. [B][COLOR=Red]THIS ONE[/COLOR][/B] .. with the exception of the [B]Jets[/B] who have their own Offical Cuts Thread

Thanks
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-01-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or you guys can just go to KFFL.com

Babatunde Oshinowo was cut by Cleveland
    Will Demps was cut by the Giants

Those are two of the more notable cuts of the day...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do the players that are cut hook up with a new team?

Is it first come, first served?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX]How do the players that are cut hook up with a new team?

Is it first come, first served?[/QUOTE]

I believe its in reverse order of last years finish

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets]I believe its in reverse order of last years finish[/QUOTE]

So if a DB is cut by, lets say the Bills, and the Colts were really interested in the guy, all other 31 teams would have to pass on him for the Colts to sign him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no the player is in FA, but the player wouldnt wait, to weigh out his options cause he obviously got cut on the final day soo he's in a rush to sign anywhere

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX]So if a DB is cut by, lets say the Bills, and the Colts were really interested in the guy, all other 31 teams would have to pass on him for the Colts to sign him?[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the way it works

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets]I believe its in reverse order of last years finish[/QUOTE]
    I thought that was only for waivers?? A Cut player can sign with anyone..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats waivers ur talking about... its retarted

it has something to do with, certain teams get 1st pick if they pass him by, then it just goes down the board.. its retarted, i never got it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, waiver order based on last season's finishing positions. So poor teams have first chance to claim guys on waiver, while playoff teams are at the end of the queue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets]I believe that is the way it works[/QUOTE]
    I think that's the way it works for guys with less than 4 years service time. For veterans I think they get released and not "waived" and can go wherever they please.

I'm not sure though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX]So if a DB is cut by, lets say the Bills, and the Colts were really interested in the guy, all other 31 teams would have to pass on him for the Colts to sign him?[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I'm not 100% clear on how it works, but I know it depends on the difference between waivers and UFA. There's certain criteria for each. If a player is waived, then teams can put in a claim for him and then its done in that order. However, if a player is just cut and a UFA, they have the right to negotiate with any team as they like.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    notable cuts who could make the jets roster in my opinion :yes:

1.kyle cook-center- minnesota i'd take this guy to backup mangold

2.buster davis-lb-arizona i'd take buster over kassel or spencer

3.ciatrick fason-rb-minnesota -sorry danny ware to the practice squad.

4.J.R. reed-s- giants - special teams demon who can return kicks

5. brandon frye-ot-cleveland - nice devoplemental tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69]I thought that was only for waivers?? A Cut player can sign with anyone..[/QUOTE]

Vets of over 4 years experience can choose to either be subject to waivers or elect to become FAs if cut. Guys with less than 4 years experience are all subject to waivers, with the poorer teams getting priority on claiming them based on last season's records.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as wavers go, this is from the NFLPA site:

[QUOTE]February 12, Monday

* Waiver system begins for 2007. Players with at least four previous pension-credited seasons whom clubs desire to terminate are not subject to the waiver system until after the trading deadline in October.[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.nflpa.org/NewsAndEvents/ImportantDates.aspx[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleedin' Green]Honestly, I'm not 100% clear on how it works, but I know it depends on the difference between waivers and UFA. There's certain criteria for each. If a player is waived, then teams can put in a claim for him and then its done in that order. However, if a player is just cut and a UFA, they have the right to negotiate with any team as they like.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]Q: How does the waiver system work??
    A: The following explanation was found in the 2005 NFL Record & Fact Book. As far as I can tell, it is still appropriate. "The waiver system is a procedure by which player contracts or NFL rights to players are made available by a club to other clubs in the league. During the procedure, the 30 other clubs either file claims to obtain the players or waive the opportunity to do so - thus the term "waiver." Claiming clubs are assigned players on a priority based on the inverse of won-and-lost standing. The claiming period is three business days from the beginning of the League Year through April 30, 10 days from May 1 through the last business day before July 4, and 24 hours after July 4 through the conclusion of the regular season. If a player passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a free agent. All waivers are no recall and no withdrawal. Under the CBA, from the beginning of the waiver system each year through the trading dealine (October 19 1999),[B] any veteran who has acquired four years of pension credit is not subject to the waiver system if the club desires to release him.[/B] After the trading deadline, such players are subject to the waiver system." [/QUOTE] .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Integrity28]Or you guys can just go to KFFL.com

Babatunde Oshinowo was cut by Cleveland
    Will Demps was cut by the Giants

Those are two of the more notable cuts of the day...[/QUOTE]

I liked Oshinowo a lot in last year's draft, thought he looked like a good 3-4 NT prospect.

But if the Browns (another 3-4 team) have given up on him so fast, it does call that into question.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants | Alailefaleula cut
    Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:14:25 -0700

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants have cut DL Tui Alailefaleula.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wali Lundy and Ciatrick Fason could interest the Jets. But keep in mind they'd lose Danny Ware if they put him on the Practice Squad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans cut Bethel Johnson